Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I like the ball and bucks but I would never support those guys. You ever wonder how they got a collab despite not even selling NB in their store? Well lucky for them their rich daddy is friends with the CEO of NB USA and managed to convince him to give his sons shop a collab despite them putting in no effort and not even selling their product. There are so many other great shops out there that deserve a collab and actually SELL new balances.

So yeah it's a pretty cool shoe, but I'd never rep those clowns. Giving them support just shows NB it's ok to shaft other legit shops in favor of privileged pricks with daddy's connections.

They didn't do it for a love of the shoes, they did it for press and to try and gain some legitimacy in the streetwear world.
Their "collab" was barely a collab anyway, it was a custom 574 as stated on the box, NB just let them add in their own fabrics, which is def a leg up from anyone else, but if you have important friends then you have that pull to make it happen, i def woulda chose a different shoe if i had the connect like that

B&B isnt street wear and i dont think they ever will be, its more like outdoorsy menswear

but i hear where youre coming from

Can any bros help me out with good glue for sticking down the shoe edge to the sole. The edge of the suede is lifting from the sole on a pair of 1400's can anyone recommend good glue to stick it back down?

Anyone?

Hi NB lovers.....can someone please tell me what CW of the 1500s these are and if theres anywhere i can find them?

Sorry I'm kind of a NB noob...thanks

Their "collab" was barely a collab anyway, it was a custom 574 as stated on the box, NB just let them add in their own fabrics, which is def a leg up from anyone else, but if you have important friends then you have that pull to make it happen, i def woulda chose a different shoe if i had the connect like that

B&B isnt street wear and i dont think they ever will be, its more like outdoorsy menswear

but i hear where youre coming from
Yeah I barely consider those custom 574s to be collabs but think about the great US shops that had to start with those. Both concepts and kith started off with them and didn't even get to pick custom fabrics, and they had to work their ***** of selling NBs to even get a chance at them. Meanwhile these dudes just waltz in and get one without having to sell a single product.

The streetwear thing I meant like, they noticed how camo was a big trend and sneakerheads for the most part love it. They realized they could make more money by appealing to them and getting noticed, but how to do that amongst the hordes of other companies that sell camo clothing. Then the lightbulb went off, If they could have their dad get them in with NB and make a shoe with them, they would instantly get noticed and gain credibility in that fresh market and the $$ would just flow in. They threw their "signature camo" on the shoe basically so those people would know that they produce stuff with that on it and get some people interested in their other products, a whole marketing campaign done in a single swoop without having to do basically anything.

Basically I can put it like this, it's like going into a job interview that you are 100% qualified for and getting it snatched away from you by some other dude who has zero qualifications whatsoever, just because his dad is friends with the owner. It's just BS.

Sorry for the rant, but I was just having a convo about this with the dudes at kith the other day and it just pisses me off. I can think of so many other places that slave away selling NBs that will NEVER even be given an opportunity like that. It wouldn't be a big deal at all if they just actually sold NBs, but to give something like that to someone just based off of connections alone like that is a kinda a horse **** move for a big company like NB to make.

Last edited:
Those were 3 impressive, solid, informative posts. Thanks for your contribution to this thread colinsneak. 
roll.gif

I like the ball and bucks but I would never support those guys. You ever wonder how they got a collab despite not even selling NB in their store? Well lucky for them their rich daddy is friends with the CEO of NB USA and managed to convince him to give his sons shop a collab despite them putting in no effort and not even selling their product. There are so many other great shops out there that deserve a collab and actually SELL new balances.

So yeah it's a pretty cool shoe, but I'd never rep those clowns. Giving them support just shows NB it's ok to shaft other legit shops in favor of privileged pricks with daddy's connections.

They didn't do it for a love of the shoes, they did it for press and to try and gain some legitimacy in the streetwear world.
I know I don't speak for anyone but myself, but those 574s didn't do a damn thing for me in regards to having an interest in B&B.  

Peeped their website.  Peeped the "man's man", Raiders of the Lost Ark steez and promptly exited stage left.  
laugh.gif

has anyone here ever done a sole swap on NBs?

I got a pair of NB Stussy 580's off the bay and the sole is completely crumbled and falling apart (not what I saw in the auction but that's another story entirely)...

Back
Top Bottom