Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Anyone have experience with Made in UK 577s? I'm looking to order a pair, but unsure of size. I hear they run small, but compared to what . . . I dunno.

I'm comfortably snug in US 11 in Made in US 1300, 998, and 996.  Which means I should order the Made in UK 577s in a US 11.5 or 12?

Any help would be great!

I size up for made in UK 576 and 577. I'm a 11.5 for all Made in US and for Made in UK's I go with a 12 and they fit great. UK's seem to be a bit shorter in my opinion.

Yeah, those joints look pretty suspect. The appearance of a lack of plush materials on the toebox is a dead giveaway.

Feel free to post a legit check in here if you have any questions about anything before purchasing...Don't want to see anymore of you guys get ripped off, and I know there are many of us that would be willing to help...

Feel free to post a legit check in here if you have any questions about anything before purchasing...Don't want to see anymore of you guys get ripped off, and I know there are many of us that would be willing to help...
word, post up before buying if youre unsure, dont let your hard earned bread go to fugazi sh*t

Repped. I always appreciate the feedback you guys give. Thanks.
word, post up before buying if youre unsure, dont let your hard earned bread go to fugazi sh*t

I size up for made in UK 576 and 577. I'm a 11.5 for all Made in US and for Made in UK's I go with a 12 and they fit great. UK's seem to be a bit shorter in my opinion.

I haven't bought any UK 577s in a few years, but from what I remember, they fit large on me. May be because I have narrow feet.

I normally wear 10.5.

In the Hanon "night owls," I got a US 9.5, and the suede stretched out beautifully to the point that they fit perfectly now.

In the NB 577 carbon fiber, I got a US 10, and they fit perfectly.

Here is a sizing guide and "where to cop" list that was put together in this thread a while back:

http://niketalk.com/t/158096/official-new-balance-thread/9300#post_17335930

Yeah, hate to say it but everyone is right, these are terrible fakes. Def hope you can get your money back on these bro. Like others have mentioned feel free to get a legit check here, everyone is super knowledgeable and doesn't mind helping out. I just said a couple weeks ago that the amount of NB fakes on the market is higher than ever and by FAR the most faked model is the 999. They're all over eBay, so whenever you have second thoughts, it's good to get in the habit of posting a couple pics here for authentication. It's 100% worth the few mins it will take to save the headache of getting scammed by some scumbag.

From somebody who owns four pairs of Steel Blue 999s, none of mine look like that. I hope you didn't pay too much for them man, or you can still send them back.

Hey guys, anyone with a New Balance 998 model. I have the 1500, 996, 1400, 1300, and 574 models and was wondering do they fit about the same as those?   I found a forest green model that I want to pull the trigger on. 

Thanks for the heads up guys, I got them in a trade deal from a guy that I had got some legit 574s from before. I traded them for a pair of jordan 3s that I only paid $10 for I didn't bother asking for pictures because I trusted him. But now looking at them I can see they are way off. Thanks again.

Hey guys, anyone with a New Balance 998 model. I have the 1500, 996, 1400, 1300, and 574 models and was wondering do they fit about the same as those?   I found a forest green model that I want to pull the trigger on. 

I've had to go 0.5 size down on 998. I wear 10.5, but get 998 in size 10. Again, I have narrow feet.

by FAR the most faked model is the 999.
this is incorrect. maybe it's all youre seeing, but in asia they fake everything, including GRs. 574s, 996s, 998s, 999s, 1300s, 1400s. why GRs when people have mentioned theyre already made in asia and cheap to begin with, i have no idea, but they do it. i havent seen a pic yet, but i heard they just started cranking out fake salmon soles lol.

this is incorrect. maybe it's all youre seeing, but in asia they fake everything, including GRs. 574s, 996s, 998s, 999s, 1300s, 1400s. why GRs when people have mentioned theyre already made in asia and cheap to begin with, i have no idea, but they do it. i havent seen a pic yet, but i heard they just started cranking out fake salmon soles lol.
No kidding, I meant in regards to the fakes floating around eBay and other places where people from this website would be looking. Of course they fake basically every model and colorway, but right now there are 10+ fake pairs of SEALs on eBay in comparison to only a couple other fake 998s and 1500s.

You want to check your pair up against fakes then just look at newbalancesnake.com it's where I can bet a bunch of these fakes are coming from in the first place.

lol i have never heard of that site, but yeah lots of recycled pics of fakes. i forgot to mention the ubiq 1600s are also getting the fake treatment. no idea how close they are to the real thing (most times theyre horrible), but just be smart.
my guess is what's up on ebay is what seems to be the most popular sellers for them. i really wonder how many unsuspecting people are out there that assume only nike sneakers get faked and buy with confidence. sad.

These have been my pick ups for July completely new to the NB fam.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom