Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

question, did ubiq release the norse projects 1500's already? I read on their blog dated oct. 8th they would give an announcement soon.  Haven't heard anything since.. maybe I missed out.

st alfreds still has an 8.5 left as of now for 175

yeah, i passed on their 8.5, since i know a size 8 would actually be the better fit for me. decided that it's too pricey of a shoe to not have the perfect size to wear.

thanks for the heads up tho!

How is it a wrong? I personally don't have a problem dropping that much on quality materials

I have no issue with that, but we both know this isn't the case most of the time. These shops are charging extra because they can. A Norse Projects 1500 is not $40 better than a GR UK 1500 and the same goes for Oshman 1600s vs GR's. If I'm paying more, I'd hope there was an upgrade. $40-$50 extra on an asics collab takes you from the material you find on pool tables to premium pig skin suedes. $40-50 extra on a New Balance collab gets you the same materials, but a new color you can't get on newbalance.com. I'm not saying don't buy the shoes, or start some boycott, but let's not rationalize the purchase by saying its the materials. Everyone knows it's for exclusivity, because the materials on the $150 new balance are the same as the $200 one. This is no shot at you because I'm guilty of it too. $40 isn't going to make me miss a release I really want, but that doesn't mean it's "right". It just is what it is.

am I ever going to find those brown norse projects for a decent price, $200 retail is just crazy to me but they're so dope

I have no issue with that, but we both know this isn't the case most of the time. These shops are charging extra because they can. A Norse Projects 1500 is not $40 better than a GR UK 1500 and the same goes for Oshman 1600s vs GR's. If I'm paying more, I'd hope there was an upgrade. $40-$50 extra on an asics collab takes you from the material you find on pool tables to premium pig skin suedes. $40-50 extra on a New Balance collab gets you the same materials, but a new color you can't get on newbalance.com. I'm not saying don't buy the shoes, or start some boycott, but let's not rationalize the purchase by saying its the materials. Everyone knows it's for exclusivity, because the materials on the $150 new balance are the same as the $200 one. This is no shot at you because I'm guilty of it too. $40 isn't going to make me miss a release I really want, but that doesn't mean it's "right". It just is what it is.

I dunno. I have not seen any GRs with materials like the two most recent Concepts drops. Or even the Seals for that matter. Can't speak on many other collabs.

yeah but even "regular" NB's have better quality then the rare jordans, and the asic collabo's.  

- when I pull out my M1300NR's, my friends (who dont know about kicks) get blown away from the materials, and how soft and buttery the suede is.  they are shocked when I tell them that they can probably buy it around the 100 dollar mark and they are rare by no means. face it, we've been spoiled by NB.  and now they (the shops) are making us face the music and to pay for it.  Its just a damn shame, that NB stores nor their website carrys a limited stock of the collabs.

Last edited:
I dunno. I have not seen any GRs with materials like the two most recent Concepts drops. Or even the Seals for that matter. Can't speak on many other collabs.
if you want something close the C-NOTE quality, go scoop some up some 1300's.  As far as the SEALS, call me crazy. I loved the shoes, but quality and materials were nothing special.. As far as I know they were made in asia NB's.  Ill have to check the tag later.  

Last edited:

Just curious, what GR's do you have that you are comparing to the recent Concepts collabs? I don't have any of the concepts drops, but from all of the detailed shots I've seen it looks exactly like the suede they use for 990 v3's and custom 574s. NB absolutely spoils us, but this is the reason I hold them to a higher standard than other brands.

That mentality is what causes brands to raise their retail price imo
ok and we're supposed to stop this how? the price is always going to be driven up over time, esp with collabs no one had an issue dropping 200+ship on mints and paying 300+ resell

its just how it is now a days, gotta adjust to the times
yea understood. I stopped by NB NYC today and they were still that expensive, so its not shops that are boosting up the prices just cuz. some do that im sure, but when a collab is done lets say on Norse's end, theyre paying for all those pairs at wholesale, they make little to no money on these projects, theyre just marketing tools. so they have to drive up the price to make some kinda profit.

Eventually people will stop buying at the pace they've been buying at. There's just too many releases coming out with high box prices, not even counting the store markups. It was bad enough 5-10 years ago but back then it was mostly nikes and an adidas here and there that people went after. Now it's nb asics vans and whatever else.  Every week is something.

ok and we're supposed to stop this how? the price is always going to be driven up over time, esp with collabs no one had an issue dropping 200+ship on mints and paying 300+ resell

yea understood. I stopped by NB NYC today and they were still that expensive, so its not shops that are boosting up the prices just cuz. some do that im sure, but when a collab is done lets say on Norse's end, theyre paying for all those pairs at wholesale, they make little to no money on these projects, theyre just marketing tools. so they have to drive up the price to make some kinda profit.

Yea, I get it and I understand there should be some type of compensation for the shops, but it's getting out of hand. It seems like every release is getting higher and higher. I'm curious to see what price those RF 1600s will be. His prices tend to be pretty consistent with GR prices. Steel blues were $130 I believe and salmon soles were $150.

am I ever going to find those brown norse projects for a decent price, $200 retail is just crazy to me but they're so dope
i was never a big fan of 1500s, but you should get them! its by far the shoe i wear the most at the moment, since fall is kicking in here in germany!  you cant go wrong, even for that price! 

Today

Lmao go get yourself some us made new balance then let me know if the quality is not up to par.

What does this mean in response to my post? Both the Tannerys and CNotes were made in USA so I'm not following.

And yeah, the Seals were Made in China, so the shape leaves something to be desired, but that microfiber suede or whatever they called it is pretty impressive in my opinion. Plus, as we're hearing from the upcoming Fieg rumors, there's no reason you can't have premium materials on a made in Asia sneaker. It's not like all of the materials are actually made there.

I'm comparing these to the majority of New Balance GRs I've seen and touched. Many made in US pairs, but haven't seen any customs in person.

You guys are really trying to say the C-Notes especially don't use materials nicer than GRs?

I don't get this or your previous post. Jordan's are $160/170, so I don't get the comparison. Some people can't afford or just don't want to buy everything that comes out.

People also have some sneakers that are must haves and others that are luxury items. You might not feel like a certain sneaker at a certain price is worth it. I do that with every Nike retro. I'm not paying full price, because I know it's going on sale. It's not that I can't afford it. It's a smart financial decision. If I miss out, I miss out.

There's a reason that collaborations are limited, because anything else above that and they would sit.

Back
Top Bottom