Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Picked these up over the weekend! So nice in person

What does this mean in response to my post? Both the Tannerys and CNotes were made in USA so I'm not following.

And yeah, the Seals were Made in China, so the shape leaves something to be desired, but that microfiber suede or whatever they called it is pretty impressive in my opinion. Plus, as we're hearing from the upcoming Fieg rumors, there's no reason you can't have premium materials on a made in Asia sneaker. It's not like all of the materials are actually made there.

I'm comparing these to the majority of New Balance GRs I've seen and touched. Many made in US pairs, but haven't seen any customs in person.

You guys are really trying to say the C-Notes especially don't use materials nicer than GRs?
NBs GRs have outstanding quality. Thats the reason many people buy/collect them. Collabs just get colorways but still the same quality in materials. 

The reason they are more expensive is because they are supposd to be "exclusive". People will buy them because of that factor for more money. If they priced the GR releases that high and there was nothing exclusive about them noone would buy them. The fact that they collaberate with stores with limited numbers and individual attributes (custom boxes, insoles, colorways, materials ect) is what make people who collect them want to pay for them.

Guys, great discussion on NB GR vs. COLLABS quality.  I've been a huge fan of the NB GR's, especially the made in USA ones, for many years.  As far as quality on made in USA GR's, I would immediately think of the M996 (the classic grey 'pigskin' suede 996), the 998GNR and the 998BB.   In fact, most of the 996, 998 and 1300 made in USA shoes are really good quality.  As far as paying more for the collabs, I have really only recently started buying NB collabs.  As an example, I have a DS pair of the 998BB and a DS pair of the 998 Concepts 'Mints' and, honestly, the suede on the 998BB ($140 retail at the time) is just as buttery, if not more so, than the suede on the Mints ($200 retail). 

I agree with those who believe that when you buy a collab that costs more than a regular release shoe, you are buying for the exclusivity, and not 'extras' or better materials.  For me personally, I also buy collabs because IMO some of the collabs have better colorways, or color blocking, or different (but not necessarily better) materials.  An example of that would be the Bodega Hypercats.

All of that said, did anyone cop the Autobahn 577's yet? If so, how is the quality on them? I really want that shoe, and it is because I love the theme and the color blocking on the 'Night' version.  Any info on more stateside releases of that shoe?  I missed out at West and Goodwillout.   

I did cop the Oshmans 1600 yesterday, and paid $190 plus shipping for it from Bows and Arrows.  IMO $190 is really a lot for an Asia-made 1600, but I just really liked the color blocking and I am hoping the materials are at least decent quality, so I was willing to pay more for the shoe.

I don't get this or your previous post. Jordan's are $160/170, so I don't get the comparison. Some people can't afford or just don't want to buy everything that comes out.

People also have some sneakers that are must haves and others that are luxury items. You might not feel like a certain sneaker at a certain price is worth it. I do that with every Nike retro. I'm not paying full price, because I know it's going on sale. It's not that I can't afford it. It's a smart financial decision. If I miss out, I miss out.

There's a reason that collaborations are limited, because anything else above that and they would sit.
how could you not? didnt Cement 3s go for $200 retail just cuz it said Nike Air on the back?

Not all collabs are limited, they do have  required minimums to hit, 2100 nationally isnt too bad depending on the brand. Some stores got pull and can do smaller runs to keep it limited 

Collabs comin outta Japan are just bread in general, look at Atmos 996, asian made, weird but cool materials, 190 retail... 

Hey guys just wondering how does new balance 999 fit compare to 998 should I size down also? Thanks
No they fit the same. the 9 series models, all fit very similarly.  

*ALSO, it depends how you like them to fit.  999's and 998's should fit snugly., with a little room in the toebox.  I found that I order by TTS in the 9 series NB's, and .5 up in all the others** 

Last edited:
Yall dont think the resell prices attribute to the
rise in retail collab prices at all? I think shops
know as soon as they release majority of them
are hitting the Bay for 2x the OG price. Too bad
inflation doesnt scare off resellers, but raises the
price higher.

Yall dont think the resell prices attribute to the
rise in retail collab prices at all? I think shops
know as soon as they release majority of them
are hitting the Bay for 2x the OG price. Too bad
inflation doesnt scare off resellers, but raises the
price higher.
Deon from concepts said on IG a couple weeks back that one of the reasons retail was so high on the tannery's was because he thought it would lessen the re-saleability (if thats a word) on the sneaker. 

Not sure Im buying what he is selling, but that's what he said. 

Last edited:

Deon from concepts said on IG a couple weeks back that one of the reasons retail was so high on the tannery's was because he thought it was lessen the re-saleability (if thats a word) on the sneaker. 

Not sure Im buying what he is selling, but that's what he said. 
He just wanted his cut of the resale. Nothing wrong with it.

I own GR 998s and both concepts 998s and the mints/c-notes suede is far superior. Although I can't speak on the 998bb as I dont own that one. 

Back
Top Bottom