Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

SneakerFreaker left us this little gem on their Instagram.

So I spent a few minutes recreating it in Photoshop. I'm sold.
Oh lord... buuu-bye $$$ 
ohwell.gif

I have the blue/yellow rain Mac and it fits tts for me in the same size as my other NBs. It's actually my second pair. The first pair I went according to the guide in this thread and it ran large. Yes I sized up half and a lot of space was left in the toe box. Way to much for my liking, like almost an inch worth! I got another pair in my tts and it was perfect. I have a few other 577s and they're also tts except the Asia manufactured Americanas where I sized DOWN half. For the recent Uks they've all fit me tts fine.

Find the EUR size on your NB's, Nike's or whatever brands you have and are familiar with. Find those pairs that fit you most comfortably, go with that EUR number on the tag or box and it's your safe zone assuming you don't have a crazy wide foot or something else that'll factor into play. Match that EU size to the brands size chart and grab that size if the website you're ordering only list US sizes. Most websites will provide a sizing chart for their pairs, if not, Google, I've only heard, works great for that too.

I'm between a 41.5-42 and usually go with 42 for comfort. 41.5 for snug. I can squeeze into a 41 shoe ok but there's literally no breathing room. So I'll avoid any 41's. A 42.5 is ok too, but I have to lace tightly and there's about an inch of toe space from the end of the shoe to my toe with the heel flat on the back, for reference. Pay attention to the chart because sizes on different brands will skip certain EUR .5 measurements. You'll have to know your 'safe zones.' I can't always go by straight up US sizing, because you'll see I have pairs ranging from 8-10.5... but the EUR size is pretty consistent for me described above. This also applies if you get Women Sized shoes as there's no separate measurement, so you can apply the same rule towards Woman's shoes sizing... instead of figuring out that mess about whether to add a size or size and a half...

i have abnormally wide feet. ex jordans are a 9 Nike Basketball 9.5 and some other nike basketball shoes 10

I always get worried about sizing, I dont mind the snug fit but i just dont want it so snug it starts hurting.

thanks for all the input!

i have abnormally wide feet. ex jordans are a 9 Nike Basketball 9.5 and some other nike basketball shoes 10

I always get worried about sizing, I dont mind the snug fit but i just dont want it so snug it starts hurting.

thanks for all the input!
No probs! For what it's worth, NB's generally fit a bit wider/roomier then Nike's.

Last edited:
577RRK & 577OOK came in yesterday. I'll post some pics tonight.

Crooked Tongues having 30% off all New B. Code is 'NEWBALANCE30'

Both pairs look dope.
I have a question about the shoe trees. Does using them reshape the toe and if it does does it affect the fit at all? Like if I plan to use a shoe tree should I size down a half? I've never seen one irl...

I didn't follow any of the buzz, I thought for sure I'd have a week or two to make up my mind about those. I hope JCrew has more made.
I got lucky and found out about em a few days before they dropped. I'm actually pretty surprised they went so fast. Really nice in person though hope you can grab a pair!

I got lucky and found out about em a few days before they dropped. I'm actually pretty surprised they went so fast. Really nice in person though hope you can grab a pair!

Honestly I really don't need to buy any new shoes, and if I'm going to get lucky and find a sold out pair of New Balance I'd like it to be the Hanon Spitfire 670s from 2008. It's on my most wanted grail list.

edit: wrong model

Last edited:
Honestly I really don't need to buy any new shoes, and if I'm going to get lucky and find a sold out pair of New Balance I'd like it to be the Hanon Spitfire 850s from 2008. It's on my most wanted grail list.
Hahaha I'm still on the search for the Hanon 1500s so I feel ya.

At the New Balance store in Seoul, Korea. Took some pics for you guys, it's crowded as hell in here. Real nice location and store

Back
Top Bottom