Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

YEP, let me know if any of the links are dead, post the live link and I'll update the original post with it. Might do an updated sizing chart to include more models. But input needs to be from more than 20ppl and of course any trolling on the survey will benefit no one.
repped, repped.

awesome post, thank you. at first glance the shoebacca link is dead now:

new balance general link is

http://www.shoebacca.com/shoes?acu_in_brand=702

edit: millenium

http://www.millenniumshoes.com/new-balance/

stalfreds too

http://stalfred.com/collections/new-balance

sneakerpol

http://sneakerpolitics.com/collections/new-balance

Last edited:
Do you or anyone have any leads on any of the tea pack for that price range in a 9.5?

Also they are tts correct?

Looking to pick up first pair of NB, getting tired of nike bs
Thanks in advance
Tough size to find... last I saw pairs up for 99.99 on kickzstore.com but good luck tracking down made in US/UK 8-9.5 for NB's especially discounted.

I go .5 down on just about 99% of my NB's from my Nikes/Jordans size.

Last edited:
Bored at work, serious question here... do folks ever use the sizing charts anymore?

Call me crazy, but they usually give you a pretty accurate measuring of how you generally like to fit/wear your shoes. I highlighted the sizes I fit in some brands here. I usually gauge shoe brands and pairs based on the EUR/Asian/CM/IN numbers. 99% of the time it's pretty spot on. The 1% it feels off is for Nikes... they for whatever reason seem to run small so I can push the larger listed size because of extra padding or whatever it is that takes up a lot of space in the shoe. Highlighted are the 3 sizes I tend to go for, we all have 2-3 sizes we can get away with. One being real snug, one being just right, and one being a bit roomy, possible for insoles or orthos.

If you look at the EUR numbers you'll see in the Timbs they're listed at 43 and that's their size 9... I'd be swimming in these being measured between 41.5-42 for all other brands for 'my perfect fit.' If I went down on Puma's I'd be rocking a snug fit but at a size 9 on the Puma's I'd be good to go because it's measured in at 42 and I'm between 41.5 and 42. 

-------TLDR look at all your shoe boxes and compare your EUR/CM sizes... you'll find that sweet spot number that'll generally work for you across the board for most GR sneakers. Now... collabs get dicey but let's save that for another day. 
sick.gif

Bored at work, serious question here... do folks ever use the sizing charts anymore?

Call me crazy, but they usually give you a pretty accurate measuring of how you generally like to fit/wear your shoes. I highlighted the sizes I fit in some brands here. I usually gauge shoe brands and pairs based on the EUR/Asian/CM/IN numbers. 99% of the time it's pretty spot on. The 1% it feels off is for Nikes... they for whatever reason seem to run small so I can push the larger listed size because of extra padding or whatever it is that takes up a lot of space in the shoe. Highlighted are the 3 sizes I tend to go for, we all have 2-3 sizes we can get away with. One being real snug, one being just right, and one being a bit roomy, possible for insoles or orthos.

If you look at the EUR numbers you'll see in the Timbs they're listed at 43 and that's their size 9... I'd be swimming in these being measured between 41.5-42 for all other brands for 'my perfect fit.' If I went down on Puma's I'd be rocking a snug fit but at a size 9 on the Puma's I'd be good to go because it's measured in at 42 and I'm between 41.5 and 42. 

-------TLDR look at all your shoe boxes and compare your EUR/CM sizes... you'll find that sweet spot number that'll generally work for you across the board for most GR sneakers. Now... collabs get dicey but let's save that for another day. :x

Pretty irrelevant really looking at a general sizing chart for NB seeing as I have pairs ranging from US8-9.5 in various models all fitting differently. You can't really go by that chart at all

Is Kelly's Running Warehouse a good place to buy from? I'd really like those 998GY's, but reviews i've read of the site have been mixed...

Urban Outfitters have Barber shop 580 online, and the 999 instore. 

Ubiq will be having the 580 in store in the coming week.

Last edited:
Thanks! Just ordered from Roadrunner. What year did those 998GY's release? They look a tad different from the newer 998 models.

Pretty irrelevant really looking at a general sizing chart for NB seeing as I have pairs ranging from US8-9.5 in various models all fitting differently. You can't really go by that chart at all

Pretty relevant when you're jumping brands and wondering about sizing in a brand you're unfamiliar with.

Pretty relevant when you're jumping brands and wondering about sizing in a brand you're unfamiliar with.
His point was that the sizing is different from model to model.  Even the same models can be different depending on where they're made (USA, Vietnam, etc...).

His point was that the sizing is different from model to model.  Even the same models can be different depending on where they're made (USA, Vietnam, etc...).

I get that. I'm pointing out the fact that people coming in with the "ey yo I'm an 11 in J's what sizing should I get in NBs?!" The sizing chart will give you an idea of how it's sized. Go by the EUR/CM. Its a lot more accurate then the US General measurement. Asia/uk/us have slightly different fits in NBs but the variances aren't off that much. It comes down to personal fit. The general ballpark of sizing shouldn't be that obscure of a question to be repeated over and over.

Last edited:
I get that. I'm pointing out the fact that people coming in with the "ey yo I'm an 11 in J's what sizing should I get in NBs?!" The sizing chart will give you an idea of how it's sized. Go by the EUR/CM. Its a lot more accurate then the US General measurement. Asia/uk/us have slightly different fits in NBs but the variances aren't off that much. It comes down to personal fit. The general ballpark of sizing shouldn't be that obscure of a question to be repeated over and over.

most of us have a ball park in our sizing but i think sizing just so inconsistent for every brand and every model people prefer to stay safe and make sure they are getting the right size especially since a lot of these stores dont do free returns or exchanges.

that one sizing guide on page 301 is pretty helpful.

for me im always worried if its too narrow since i have pretty wide feet

Last edited:
most of us have a ball park in our sizing but i think sizing just so inconsistent for every brand and every model people prefer to stay safe and make sure they are getting the right size especially since a lot of these stores dont do free returns or exchanges.

that one sizing guide on page 301 is pretty helpful.

for me im always worried if its too narrow since i have pretty wide feet
Exactly. Width is the only other factor when it comes down to personal sizing. Sometimes I sacrifice more of a snug feel because a shoe runs narrow. I'll size up .5.

When people ask about sizing I instantly go length first then ask about width second. So with just length in mind, that's why I posted a few different brand charts to show that the EUR/CM charts are a lot more accurate and consistent to our 'safe size' fit compared to going by the US numbers when trying to gauge a new brand. 

If you look at Converse, Timberlands, Nikes, NB's, Asics, Pumas, Adidas, CP, Balenciagas, Saucony and on and on... the consistency isn't in the US sizing, it's the EU/Asia sizing for your own fit.

A perfect example are these ASICS. Sure different factories, but if I went with the same size in the Sagas as I did the V's, I'd be swimming in them. If I went by US sizing I'd be screwed. The Saga's 8.5 is actually a LARGER fit then the V's 9... But if one paid attention to the EUR/CM sizing you'd get the heads up the Saga's run large. The charts do serve a purpose if you look at the right measurements. 

Last edited:
Never find Grey Pigeons in my size :smh:
Have a few things coming in the next couple days to make me happy though 8)

Back
Top Bottom