Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

long time lurker. 998 inferno

Can someone explain why NB/Asics is so popular? Serious question. 

1) Some people don't like basketball or don't want to be associated with that image.

2) It's a lot more comfortable and lighter than basketball shoes. They're ideal for long hours of use.

3) Always on that new ****!

Last edited:
@Stunnaman I got some brown dirt stain on my kangaroo. What do you recommend I clean it with?

Last edited:

repped, repped.

awesome post, thank you. at first glance the shoebacca link is dead now:

new balance general link is

http://www.shoebacca.com/shoes?acu_in_brand=702

edit: millenium

http://www.millenniumshoes.com/new-balance/

stalfreds too

http://stalfred.com/collections/new-balance

sneakerpol

http://sneakerpolitics.com/collections/new-balance
thanks man, a lot of people did more work, I just put it together. I will update the post today with your submissions

shouts to @shanghaishark11  for the massive edit list he pmed me, I will look into alphabetizing the list when I get breaks at work.

Damn those skippys are real nice, should of picked them up on release when I had a chance.

If anyone is shifting a US10.5 let me know pls.

It appears quite a few places have the Barbershop pack and END still hasn't shipped. I won't be pre-ordering from them again.

It appears quite a few places have the Barbershop pack and END still hasn't shipped. I won't be pre-ordering from them again.
They tend to have their product listed almost before anyone else but they usually wait to forever to ship thats the only downside 

Exactly. Width is the only other factor when it comes down to personal sizing. Sometimes I sacrifice more of a snug feel because a shoe runs narrow. I'll size up .5.

When people ask about sizing I instantly go length first then ask about width second. So with just length in mind, that's why I posted a few different brand charts to show that the EUR/CM charts are a lot more accurate and consistent to our 'safe size' fit compared to going by the US numbers when trying to gauge a new brand. 

If you look at Converse, Timberlands, Nikes, NB's, Asics, Pumas, Adidas, CP, Balenciagas, Saucony and on and on... the consistency isn't in the US sizing, it's the EU/Asia sizing for your own fit.

A perfect example are these ASICS. Sure different factories, but if I went with the same size in the Sagas as I did the V's, I'd be swimming in them. If I went by US sizing I'd be screwed. The Saga's 8.5 is actually a LARGER fit then the V's 9... But if one paid attention to the EUR/CM sizing you'd get the heads up the Saga's run large. The charts do serve a purpose if you look at the right measurements. 

so Im considering your advice.

Im looking to buy the 577 rain mac but I see in the sizing guide it says its .5 small so I should half size up but on new balance webiste it says TTS.

how would I find CM and Euro measurements for this shoe?

so Im considering your advice.

Im looking to buy the 577 rain mac but I see in the sizing guide it says its .5 small so I should half size up but on new balance webiste it says TTS.

how would I find CM and Euro measurements for this shoe?

I have the blue/yellow rain Mac and it fits tts for me in the same size as my other NBs. It's actually my second pair. The first pair I went according to the guide in this thread and it ran large. Yes I sized up half and a lot of space was left in the toe box. Way to much for my liking, like almost an inch worth! I got another pair in my tts and it was perfect. I have a few other 577s and they're also tts except the Asia manufactured Americanas where I sized DOWN half. For the recent Uks they've all fit me tts fine.

Find the EUR size on your NB's, Nike's or whatever brands you have and are familiar with. Find those pairs that fit you most comfortably, go with that EUR number on the tag or box and it's your safe zone assuming you don't have a crazy wide foot or something else that'll factor into play. Match that EU size to the brands size chart and grab that size if the website you're ordering only list US sizes. Most websites will provide a sizing chart for their pairs, if not, Google, I've only heard, works great for that too.

I'm between a 41.5-42 and usually go with 42 for comfort. 41.5 for snug. I can squeeze into a 41 shoe ok but there's literally no breathing room. So I'll avoid any 41's. A 42.5 is ok too, but I have to lace tightly and there's about an inch of toe space from the end of the shoe to my toe with the heel flat on the back, for reference. Pay attention to the chart because sizes on different brands will skip certain EUR .5 measurements. You'll have to know your 'safe zones.' I can't always go by straight up US sizing, because you'll see I have pairs ranging from 8-10.5... but the EUR size is pretty consistent for me described above. This also applies if you get Women Sized shoes as there's no separate measurement, so you can apply the same rule towards Woman's shoes sizing... instead of figuring out that mess about whether to add a size or size and a half...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom