Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

As a relatively new contributing member, I'm currently on page 7XX catching up before I really put forth my input/opinions, and try to converse with members. I feel this is necessary when you're coming into a forum with people with so much knowledge and experience. While I am not new to the 'shoe game', I just feel this is right.

With that being said if you're new to the group, and you see this post, AND you don't want to go back and re-read the past 700 pages, let me save you some time, read below.

1. If you have any sizing questions, for the love of god, just search the forum

2. If you have any sizing questions, for the love of god, just search the forum

3. As a violator, do not try to sell in your post, all sales are to be posted in your 'signature'

4. If you think $200 is ridiculous for a pair of shoes, shut your mouth, don't pay it, don't ***** and moan, and rag on the next guy for paying that

5. If you have any sizing questions, for the love of god, just search the forum

6. We ALL know now that New Balance quality reins superior to that of Jordan brand, so if you're new and have recently been riding Jordan, don't post that **** like it's a surprise, we know

7. Do not question those with a reputation of 4,000,445, they have that reputation for a reason...they know what's up

I just thought I would shoot this post up real quick because I feel I've paid my dues thus far. But lets get more substance in here aside from how shoes fit. There's way more to this brand besides sizing questions.

Now back to the shoes...

Last edited:

As a relatively new contributing member, I'm currently on page 7XX catching up before I really put forth my input/opinions, and try to converse with members. I feel this is necessary when you're coming into a forum with people with so much knowledge and experience. While I am not new to the 'shoe game', I just feel this is right.

With that being said if you're new to the group, and you see this post, AND you don't want to go back and re-read the past 700 pages, let me save you some time, read below.

3. As a violator, do not try to sell in your post, all sales are to be posted in your 'signature'

4. If you think $200 is ridiculous for a pair of shoes, shut your mouth, don't pay it, don't ***** and moan, and rag on the next guy for paying that

6. We ALL know now that New Balance quality reins superior to that of Jordan brand, so if you're new and have recently been riding Jordan, don't post that **** like it's a surprise, we know

7. Do not question those with a reputation of 4,000,445, they have that reputation for a reason...they know what's up

I just thought I would shoot this post up real quick because I feel I've paid my dues thus far. But lets get more substance in here aside from how shoes fit. There's way more to this brand besides sizing questions.

Now back to the shoes...
But but but you only have 45 posts and 20 rep points 
ohwell.gif

First time rocking new balance 999 elite gfr today and noticed these little cracks on grey paint on right shoe innerside midsole.
Will they chip and crack like jordan 3s ?
I recall many people having that problem with this pair more than any other pair. If you look up the release date and check this thread around that time, you'll probably find all the complaints. Painted midsoles will crack eventually, but these seem to crack way too fast.

Much respect for reading 700+ pages lol. Agree with all of your assertions except for Rep. You can question whoever regardless of how many reputation they have, your rep count doesn't prove how knowledgeable you are.

Much respect for reading 700+ pages lol. Agree with all of your assertions except for Rep. You can question whoever regardless of how many reputation they have, your rep count doesn't prove how knowledgeable you are.
I have to agree, I guess I was thinking about a few instances I read in previous pages. But you're right. And again, I'm not trying to be an elitist to anyone, just thought I'd throw a post out there. I can't say how much I do enjoy this forum though man. So much information within the archives, looking forward to catching up and getting current.

^Yep, a funny gif will get a bunch of reps while helpful posts go unnoticed. Hard to judge people's knowledge based on a flawed system.

Last edited:
Well some super fast and some take years .
999 elite gfr and the blue ones have a tendacy to crack cuz my boy had the same issue. I have 2 pairs of 999s for over a year and change and no cracks on mine yet. Though i wear mines rarely. Maybe wore them 5 times this year

digahole good lookin' on the ecapcity link. Didn't even know they sold shoes...grabbed 997s and a Sonics hat. Been a lonnnng time since I bought a New Era and I've slowed to almost nothing on shoe purchases as well.

Pulled out my OG 997 today and tried 'em on...mine are narrow width 2A so tough to be 100% but toe wise I'd say same as 998. I wear a 13 in most shoes but 12 in most NB and that's what I ordered. I've really regretted choosing size 13 in some NB's that my feet were swimming in.
Oh man, @Ruffin51  , how does one not wear such a shoe as this?? These are fire, how did you kep them DS???

Question:

Is there one NB that you all are still after? What's that one elusive shoe that hasn't been obtainable for you? 

Now back to the shoes...
If you are unsure about sizing, bookmark this page:

http://niketalk.com/t/158096/official-new-balance-thread/9000#post_17335930

Question:

Is there one NB that you all are still after? What's that one elusive shoe that hasn't been obtainable for you? 

Well there are so many great older releases I like but in no way will pay the asking price. But lately its the j crew inferno 998 in a 10.5 or 11. This has proven much more difficult than I thought. Verging on frustrating. Really I need to stop sleeping on those pebble blues before I need to hunt them down also.

Question:

Now that I've gotten my Autobahn Nights, I'm looking for that M990GRY in a size 11. They are few and far between in good condition with OG everything on eBay or on the NB Facebook groups.

A few weeks ago:

I know that the laces are kinda tight... opened them up as soon as the package came in and threw them on without relacing, haha.

Last edited:
Got my Barbershop Pack 580's in today. Step in comfort made me a little iffy, anyone have any experience with this rollerbar tech before? These are my first pair of NB's that have it.

What's up,

Okay, I hate being THAT GUY, but I don't buy a lot of NBs. I really like the Barbershop pack though and am considering getting all three.

Anybody know off hand where the best prices are for them?

I see prices in the 100 - 120 range. Anything better than that out there?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
There is more than just you who reads the thread. Y r u saying what I posted a few pages back are you a mediator of the thread? Are you watching what I ask about that closely? You act like im asking you personally. If you can help great if you can't keep your comments SABLkixks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom