Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Thinking about it I also have 998 bt and those have royal in them too so getting pebble would be overboard but if I didn't have c notes I would.
Be all over

Thinking about it I also have 998 bt and those have royal in them too so getting pebble would be overboard but if I didn't have c notes I would.
Be all over
isn't the bt all predominantly white (too lazy to google), honestly, the 998 jcrew is great, the royal N on the pebble blue should not deter you just cuz of the bt but I think I'm a bit bias as I dont care for the bt

For those of you that use shoe trees: Do you still put the shoes in the box? I ask this because the shoes barley fit in the box with the shoe trees and i feel like I'm just crushing my shoes. 

For those of you that use shoe trees: Do you still put the shoes in the box? I ask this because the shoes barley fit in the box with the shoe trees and i feel like I'm just crushing my shoes. 
I use container store plastic boxes with the shoes trees I put in my NB that I buy from IKEA.  They fit perfect.

What model of NB would you say have comfort similar to Free Runs or Saucony Shadow Masters?  All the NBs I've worn...999, 1700, they all feel hard..similar to Air Max 1 sole technology.  I have a pair of 1600 x oshman and 998 x CNOTES still in boxes but debating if I should unDS them to wear.  But I don't want to regret unDSing them if in the long run they're going to feel hard to the feet.  The 1700 x Whiz x Mita I've worn awhile now and been realizing that the soles are quite hard, thinking that the more I wear it, it'll soften up but it hasn't.

What model of NB would you say have comfort similar to Free Runs or Saucony Shadow Masters?  All the NBs I've worn...999, 1700, they all feel hard..similar to Air Max 1 sole technology.  I have a pair of 1600 x oshman and 998 x CNOTES still in boxes but debating if I should unDS them to wear.  But I don't want to regret unDSing them if in the long run they're going to feel hard to the feet.  The 1700 x Whiz x Mita I've worn awhile now and been realizing that the soles are quite hard, thinking that the more I wear it, it'll soften up but it hasn't.
I can tell you that 998's are very comfortable and you wont regret putting them on your feet. Why would you regret wearing shoes you bought? Anyways the CNotes are very comfortable. The 1600's are comfortable as well, maybe slightly under the 998's for my foot but comfortable none the less, for sure.

Last edited:
You guys sleeping on the pebble blues are going to regret it big time once they are gone. I'm copping a second pair to put on ice just cuz I'm afraid they will disappear. They are that nice. My top 998 of all time

You guys sleeping on the pebble blues are going to regret it big time once they are gone. I'm copping a second pair to put on ice just cuz I'm afraid they will disappear. They are that nice. My top 998 of all time
I want a pair so bad. I just can't justify dropping the $160 for a new balance that has been around for so long and restock so many times trying to hold out for a nice j crew coupon. The midori. Grey's are $ 105 10.5 and a few 12's were left.

Last edited:
I remember i used to get picked on for wearing NB i had a big 498, 993, and 1600 collection. it feels good to see ppl rocking them.

Back
Top Bottom