Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

998s run big in my opinion.. im a 10.5 in 574, 580, 577 and a 10 in 1300, 998.. those pebbles will be doubled up. another friend posted pics on fb. straight sexy. sold my dunes so these will more than make up for it.

damn everyone told me to stay with a 10 in 999s so i guess since im a 10 in 574 i can even go for a 9.5 in 999 and 998 ugh lol 

thanks for the info everyone! 

Super psyched on these MT580s that I got off a random ebay Buy It Now for like $80

I think it's an older GR colorway from 2010...but the blue is right up my alley

Was at the BBB fair in Berlin and of course did a stop at NB. Very much likje the Tea Bag 576 pack they got coming for Autumn / Winter..!

GTFan, those 998's look sick! Ioriginally thought they were grey but after seeing your pics you sold me on them. So much heat coming out, I'm waiting for the spring 966's to come out before i buy anything else though.

Still need very bad the Mojito's in size 8,5 and if anybody can help me on the Stone Islands (I know :tongue:), I will help you of course :smile:!!

P.s. Sorry for being away guys, was in Berlin for 4 days.

Appreciate it my dude..I'm sure you can find em out there try calling new balance nyc if they take phone orders or nordstroms I seen people post about

Seek and you shall find...for retail that is. If anyone wants the Year of the Snake 574's (Multi Color) for retail they are on Zappos. Now I don't feel so bad about missing out on the Kobe 8 Christmas Lights...these have that feel to em.

Link: http://www.zappos.com/new-balance-classics-ml574-year-of-the-snake-black-snake-multi

Last edited:
998s run big in my opinion.. im a 10.5 in 574, 580, 577 and a 10 in 1300, 998.. those pebbles will be doubled up. another friend posted pics on fb. straight sexy. sold my dunes so these will more than make up for it.

This apply to 996 as well?
I also notice that in 574, my feet are more comfortable in sz10 than sz9.5. (made in Asia)
While at the same time on 1300 I'm a sz9.5.

Another question as well, I think there's a sz difference between made in UK, USA and Asia.
Can someone share their experience on these.

Thanks for the all the help.

Still need very bad the Mojito's in size 8,5 and if anybody can help me on the Stone Islands (I know
tongue.gif
), I will help you of course
smile.gif
!!

P.s. Sorry for being away guys, was in Berlin for 4 days.
oh I heard those stone islands are instore in the Italy Stone Island boutiques and they retail for 240 euros :O, I'll look around if any more mojitos pop up...

I see those black pigeons in that pic you posted, tempted to bring mine out

oh I heard those stone islands are instore in the Italy Stone Island boutiques and they retail for 240 euros :O, I'll look around if any more mojitos pop up...

I see those black pigeons in that pic you posted, tempted to bring mine out

Thnx alot m8, woud mean alot. If you hear anybody reselling the SI, lemme know

8,5 :D..

P.s. If you have requests, tell me.

This apply to 996 as well?
I also notice that in 574, my feet are more comfortable in sz10 than sz9.5. (made in Asia)
While at the same time on 1300 I'm a sz9.5.

Another question as well, I think there's a sz difference between made in UK, USA and Asia.
Can someone share their experience on these.

Thanks for the all the help.

This has definitely been the case for me. For instance, I go TTS for made in Asia 574s but a half size up for made in UK and made in USA 574s. I find that made in USA 996s fit a little bigger than made in Asia, but not always big enough to size down.

Here's the size guide I posted a while back (for reference I wear 11 for Jordans, 11.5 for SB Dunks and 11.5 or 12 for Air Max 90s):

574 (made in Asia) - 11
574 (made in UK or USA) - 11.5
575 - 11.5
576 - 11
577 - 11.5
580 - 11
670 - 11 or 11.5 (varies depending on the pair)
996 - 11 or 11.5 (varies depending on the pair)
997 - 11
999 - 11
1300 - 11
1400 - 11
1500 - 11

I already have the Denim 996s so I think I'm going to pass on these blue ones. And I need to save up for those blue 999s coming out in March.

Thanks for the heads up though man. Appreciate the help, always.

Last edited:
Did anyone cop those Bodega ML581's awhile back?  I've never even seen a pair of ML581's up close - kinda looks like a weird shoe IMO.  I found a pair for a decent price, colorway is a little flashy but I do like the teal/navy/lavender mix.

This has definitely been the case for me. For instance, I go TTS for made in Asia 574s but a half size up for made in UK and made in USA 574s. I find that made in USA 996s fit a little bigger than made in Asia, but not always big enough to size down.

Here's the size guide I posted a while back (for reference I wear 11 for Jordans, 11.5 for SB Dunks and 11.5 or 12 for Air Max 90s):

574 (made in Asia) - 11
574 (made in UK or USA) - 11.5
575 - 11.5
576 - 11
577 - 11.5
580 - 11
670 - 11 or 11.5 (varies depending on the pair)
996 - 11 or 11.5 (varies depending on the pair)
997 - 11
999 - 11
1300 - 11
1400 - 11
1500 - 11

Thanks for coming through once again.
Its just a hassle when your limited in terms of trying out varies NB models.
And since I have to turn to online shopping on some release, makes it that much harder to decide.

Thanks for the quick reply! I always try to go smaller if i can since bigger running shoes look weird on me since im really skinny. I know this sounds stupid haha

If i can get away with a 10 then a 10.5 id do it haha. Hopefully someone tells me they have a little wiggle room
I wear the same size as you and like everybody else has already said I usually go half a size down on 998s and get a 10

^ the bodega ml581 and all ml581 are one piece. i bought a pair and couldnt even get my foot in it so i had to return. they are also made out of rubber so they are kind of a weird texture in person and heavier than a regular nb. they look good though

Super psyched on these MT580s that I got off a random ebay Buy It Now for like $80
I think it's an older GR colorway from 2010...but the blue is right up my alley

That's a great deal, I like those. Was it a mislabeled auction or they just priced it low?

New Year... New Balance

Recent snags.. 

After years of searching I finally found a pair of M997's in my size.. 

ML999BR

Last edited:
Repped for the Premier link. Snagged me the green pair when I got home but they sold out in my size for the purple damn it. Hopefully, everywhere else drops them soon.

Back
Top Bottom