Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

damn if the resell value of the B&B 2's is this high, im sure i wont get the first joints any time soon 
frown.gif

also thinkin about coppin these Revlite 574..theyre only $55 i think i might just try em out
These are very nice, go for it. 

Thanks to grip4218 for the info on the navy 990s at Groovy. I just picked up a pair in store and they're great. I might even like them better than the greys.

Crazy that Zappos is only charging $150 for them. That's a great deal.

That zappos deal is nice!  I'm kicking myself for paying $180 from PYS.  Can't believe they are $150 PLUS free shipping @ zappos... damn.

Huge REP for GTFan. Someone at Zappos really messed up! I wonder if they'll realize and correct it before they sell through them. I grabbed another pair. Still no 7 for the wife, but I did grab her the Daytripper 998.

^ thanks! YCMC.com just restocked more sizes of the 996GL. Use coupon code KD996 to bring it to $80. I added an item to get free shipping.
Sized up .5 on these compared to 1500, 991 & 1300.

Most would say tts or .5 down.  Never heard of anyone going up yet
I think GTFAN had a size issue with his and mentioned going up. For me I would say a half down if you want a true runner fit. My grey pair is a bit bigger then I want, but it was getting too hard to locate them in a smaller size!

The B&B release is ridiculous, IMO. There's nothing really special about this shoe. It's a 574 custom with a camo canvas vamp. Limit the production to 176 pieces, and the resellers flock. I hope everyone realizes that they really aren't worth it and make the resellers eat their investment. It's happened on the recent rerelease of the Roshe Run, and I'm loving it.
It is. I still paid more then I would have liked but salute to Laced Boston for remembering I needed a pair. They do consignment, so I couldnt expect retail. Still hundreds less then what cats are asking on my offers on Feebay. One dude told me he was just selling because he couldnt get his size, and make him an offer. Gave him a reasonable offer and he was like Nah...I can get more. Told him well I am glad YOU got them and not some damn RESELLER SMH. I really wanted the shoe, first online miss in awhile and a trip to MA w oudl have cost me at least what I ended up paying. I may see them cheaper later on but I leave for Bahrain soon and I beasted a bit. lol

Did anyone here go to the release? Dude said he got took for money and it was utter chaos. Embellishment?

Last edited:
Thanks. Checked out the ycmc.com site just to see what else they had based on what you guys were talking about with the 996s and they had a FSR of these older Mita 1700s on sale for $99

used the code "15OFFNP" and got em for $91 shipped

Last edited:
It is. I still paid more then I would have liked but salute to Laced Boston for remembering I needed a pair. They do consignment, so I couldnt expect retail. Still hundreds less then what cats are asking on my offers on Feebay. One dude told me he was just selling because he couldnt get his size, and make him an offer. Gave him a reasonable offer and he was like Nah...I can get more. Told him well I am glad YOU got them and not some damn RESELLER SMH. I really wanted the shoe, first online miss in awhile and a trip to MA w oudl have cost me at least what I ended up paying. I may see them cheaper later on but I leave for Bahrain soon and I beasted a bit. lol

Did anyone here go to the release? Dude said he got took for money and it was utter chaos. Embellishment?

i think we've all been in your "shoes" (like the pun?) one time or another when talking to resellers. since the shoes just dropped yesterday its gonna be kind of hard to convince him to come down on a price when you might be the first to offer. he's probably hoping for some idiot with an extra $500 lying around and offer it to him. i'm sure if you wait and let him simmer and he finds that on one is really interested he'll talk to you again and come down to your asking price. but then if he finds a sucker then good for him... he made a lot of money and you can move on.

but at the same time...if you really really want these...maybe you might want to jump on the train now on these. i think pretty much everyone here knows that NB heads are growing everyday. evidence of that is in this exact thread! it seems like cncpts 999 kennedys EXPLODED in value over night. i think many of us know that 6 months ago you could have had them for $250 or so. now they go for what $400? $500 ...dare i say $600? that's just further evidence that more people are flocking to new balance and with more people i mean people with deeper pockets to shell out outrageous amounts of money for some shoes. being that these are limited to 176 pairs...and what maybe 30 pairs in your exact size? new NB heads who don't know that 574s are a dime a dozen model will just see the 176 limited edition and push the value even higher.

well.... i tried- hopefully its not another 3 years before i see another pair in my size :smh:

if you want them that much do you want to be like Nowitzness41? wait 3 years before they pop up again in your size cause you slept on them? (Sorry Nowitzness I dont mean to use you as an example in a bad way)

yea $400 for these b&b2s might be a rape price right now... but maybe they'll be worth $800 2 years from now. hindsight is always 20/20.

BUT, you Cop to Rock... not Cop to reSELL. I think generally that's what everyone in this thread is all about.

Last edited:
Any fit pics of the navy 990s yet?

go to page 210

or

I phone ordered my pair on Wednesday, got them in the mail today. $180 + $12 shipping. Would've been more expensive to buy locally with tax, and my local shop didn't place them on sale yet, so I copped. Very pleasant phone order too. Will definitely do business with Feature again.

As for the 990s, the quality is top notch. Pigskin is crazy soft and the chunky Vibram outsole is a sad reminder of how poor today's shoes are made. The fit a bit snug in the toe, though. No metal 30th Anniversary tag either.

zappos comming though on navy 990. might cop a second pair too for $150. i paid $180. for those with sizing questions, do tts or .5 UP. these are on the more snug side of tts. i ended up with 10.5s and im a 10 in 1300,576,1600.

@Diakonos I agree. A shoe is really only "worth" what you are willing to pay regardless of production #s. Kennedys eluded me due to a deployment and not being able to put in work, and thinking they would be around. HA! That shoe is dope, but not "worth" what I have seen them go for to me. One day, one day...

When it comes down to it I spent what I would have had to spend if I had taken that trip. Only no cold, no risk of missing out, etc. I have heard from a couple cats now that this release was a bit sloppy compared to the relatively under the radar first drop. Guess they misunderestimated (shout out to GHWB) how these idiots can get over shoes or they wouldn't have hyped it a bit on their FB/Twitter lol. I heard a few sob stories of the typical shoe release kind. Meh. I avoided that. They were worth it to ME, so I cant really complain. I was just being bitter.

If its allowed and anyone needs a 9 I do know someone who hmu and has 2 pair (EVERYONE who copped the 9s is reselling? I thought most people who copped them actually WANTED them). I can point you in that direction, it was def lower then Ebay and about same as I paid for mine. Not my pairs, just figured I would throw it out there.

Only thing is I spent months hunting the grey pair (deployed AGAIN) and the greens ended up costing me a few bucks MORE. Was I too impatient? Maybe, but like you said, didnt want that remorse on a shoe I actually want. To some its just a custom 574 with camo (and, it is) but we all have our own reasons. That limited part did NOTHING to affect my wanting the shoe, only the realization that I would have to pay a little more, because that is the logic of the resale market.

@Nowitzness41 I am with you 99.9% of the time. Those who know me know I am notorious for hunting stuff down for steals (and not RESALE steals, but under retail, etc). I would say the majority of my collection, including the "rare" stuff, I have gotten for retail or under. Between military discount and the Navy Exchange, I feel cheated when I pay retail for ANY shoe. Sold off a couple closet dusters that I will never wear and have either doubles of or just don't have an affinity for, just to justify the cost lol. Different strokes....but I def. appreciate your view on it and think along those lines most of the time. I gave in to the innerbeast...

Last edited:
zappos comming though on navy 990. might cop a second pair too for $150. i paid $180. for those with sizing questions, do tts or .5 UP. these are on the more snug side of tts. i ended up with 10.5s and im a 10 in 1300,576,1600.
Wow, I completely disagree as to the sizing, at least with Greys. Hmmm. My grey pair fits "big", so I went half down on the Navy. Argh....hope they work out!

Are the 990s really that sleek in person? They feel like I'd be disappointed once they hit my doorstep. My Roshe order is backordered, and I spent $150 for both pairs + s/h. Contemplating canceling that and using those funds for the 990s.

Back
Top Bottom