Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

While it comes across as harsh and rude, his point is clear. Some kicks are more limited than others. I'm not his biggest fan by a mile, but people need to stop badgering him over stupid stuff. I'm glad GTFan called him out the other week, and he makes a lot of missteps, but I think people are out to rag on him just for the sake of it.
yeah that's definitely a good point (in no way am I dude's biggest fan either) - it seems like he's become a magnet for all types of hate. but then looking at his comments, Kith stocks general releases as well (and sometimes for a little bit more than they sell for everywhere else - ie. when GTFan called it out the other week) and probably makes the majority of their money selling GR's.  Their/his genius is in marketing - they manage to create hype levels for pretty much ANY release just by the mere fact that they are selling it (pretty much anything dropped on their website sells out quick fast for the most part).  

Conversely though what Asics doesn't understand is that without dudes like Fieg (who was instrumental in building the hype and resurgence that Asics currently enjoys) their brand would still be essentially limited a select group of enthusiasts.  Why do you think company's like Reebok are scrambling to do collaborations with guys like Frank the Butcher?  With the hype built off those collaborations they are able to sell larger amounts of their GR's to a highly coveted "taste-making" market segment.  A company won't survive off of a handful 500-1,000 pair releases a year - the real bread is in their standard releases.

Last edited:
gotta agree, I'm 21, idk how grown that guy is at 20 but I like different types of socks, personally didn't like those you posted, eh camo pattern but I can definitely appreciate a good stance sock, corgi, j crew or any type of sock, white,gray and black socks can only take you so far... big no no to wear nike songs with your nbs
i've never been a sock guy. that being the case, i guess i have bad taste in "expressive" socks lol.

i understand where ronnie was coming, he just had a very arrogant way of representing that thought. i dont mind the limited release aspect of nb, buy he doesnt have to sound like a douche either

The thing is, typically when you represent a brand/store/etc, you can alienate some of your market with comments like that and from afar, what I've read as rumors about their releases, the Just Us thing or whatever. At the same time, he & Kith have the benefit at this point that there's enough demand for their product and collaborations that it probably won't impact them...and the sneaker culture has gotten to a place where some might even be more motivated to buy those products and be one of those few.

If the statement that he's not even the true creative force behind the designs is true though and NB or Asics feel it's not necessary to have him on board, that'd hurt RF and Kith.

Just my thoughts on an interesting situation that I have limited knowledge about but I think is interesting.

I'm not one to hate on Ronnie, the dude is a marketing master. He can tweet that he likes one thing about a new GR shoe, and kids will hop all over the product on their website. It's genius, but as far as his Asics collaborations go, they don't need to be nearly as limited. Look at the Salmon Soles. They were sold through nearly every high-up NB account out there, and they still sold out instantly, and they still demand a 200% resale price. It's not even that great of a colorway IMO, and it's on one of my lease favorite USA-made NB models. Make just a few more pairs of Asics, push them out to top-tier Asics accounts, and Asics is making a hell of a lot more money. It's just smart. There's people who want the shoes (a ton), and then there's the people who will pay resale, and who won't pay resale. Take a bit of the money from those who won't pay resale buy producing more product and selling it somewhere other than NYC, and Asics is profiting much more off of these collaborations. Just my two cents.

Granted, I'd love to see what he could do on a 577, 1500, 998, or 997.

just my 2 cents...

i've personally enjoyed whatever kith/rf collab shoes that i've actually been able to get ahold of (the nb 999 steel blues even at over retail price and the puma coves for retail price). i've even bought a few apparel items (1 crew neck sweatshirt, and 1 beanie).

am i annoyed that it's not easy to cop his collab shoes? sure i am. but i'd love to still have them.

do i care if he comes across this or that way on twit/ig/etc.? as long as it's not an insult directed at me or someone i care about personally...not.1.bit.

ultimately, each of us individually can choose to or not to support kith/rf with our wallets. the choice is up to you.

check out ronnie fuktards recent tweet:

"@RonnieFieg: Kith is a limited footwear boutique. You want to find your size for every pair you want? Shop Journeys."

Ronnie just seems like a really arrogant dude. I saw this interview a couple of weeks ago, , he seems more like the who wants everything to drop in 300 pairs or less and only cares about kith. I agree with the above statements..

I'd have been on those 999s with the quickness if they were 13's.
Slept on 'em while they were around.
Not looking to pay retail though.
Oh well, unless I get lucky, on to the next one.

Got my red 999 Elites in today. Quality is great, they're comfortable so for $96 I'm happy. I didn't realize the red on the heel & tongue is a ripstop material...nice touch.

heading to florida on friday, picking up my red 999's on the way and probably wearing them for the entire trip :pimp:

There was somebody on here who posted that they were returning their size 9.5 navy anniversary 990s to zappos.I can't seem to find your post on the older pages so if this was you please pm me. Thanks.

so there is another model hitting the new balance custom soon idk what it is but its rumored be the 996 or 577

Ronnie just seems like a really arrogant dude. I saw this interview a couple of weeks ago, , he seems more like the who wants everything to drop in 300 pairs or less and only cares about kith. I agree with the above statements..

Frank is wearing the all grey FTB 1600s in that video, I think. Damn, they look great on feet. I wonder how many of those he has...

There was somebody on here who posted that they were returning their size 9.5 navy anniversary 990s to zappos.I can't seem to find your post on the older pages so if this was you please pm me. Thanks.
DJDECKS, he returned them, they cut prices, and I JUST Missed rebuying them. They are gone.

Just catching up on this thread....not sure if I want to after reading a few posts.

Keep the family vibe going guys, please!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs  

Ya know I was on osd live last week and we talked about how alot of smaller brands like new balance,fila etc are better off doing small gr releases that sell well and slowly make models popular and generate a healthy buzz and positive growth for a brand and for the culture itself .Matt halfhill owner of Nice kics talked about how New Balance is working smarter and sticking true to their roots due to them being a privately owned company and they don't have to kept shareholders who don't care about the sneaker culture happy so they produce a better product consistently time after time.

Shout outs to OSD, haven't been on in a long time, but that show is probably THE most informative and real out there. I agree with that line of thought.

My beef with RF has always been him flipping or even biting previously done stuff and chest out bragging about it. That said, some of "his" stuff is dope IMO. I have copped the last few easier to get releases. Think they are hard now? They were impossible the first years. People are going to bash regardless, but not everyone can cater to every individual fan. Especially when something blows up like a KITH...it just isn't feasable. Could his approach be better? Probably. I give big props to spots like Nice Kicks who have maintained customer service as they have grown. And smaller shops like Matt at Corporate who is just a legit cat and provides outstanding CS.

RF wants to do sneaker round tables with DJCK and Russ etc, that's his thing. His fans put him there, but they also helped inflate that ego. As for his tweet, probably not well thought out because its seems like a "snub" but it's freaking true. They are small apples compared to spots like FNL, etc. They have a customer base and thats the model and approach they stick to. He is a marketing guy, as Stunna put it. He is good at what he does. Let's keep it real, if he put out bigger numbers the true sneaker fans would cop or not regardless, but that exclusivity factor is what keeps interest. If you don't support that logic, don't cop and go on about your day...lot's of other dope stuff getting slept on these days anyway.

Last edited:
are those air max 90 hyperfuse in volt colorway?
NNBR, but I copped those for 20 bucks in a NIKE outlet in Greece, really wish they had more then the one pair, but stoked it was my size!

@Stunna, I copped this Hoodie for 20 bucks at the NB outlet in Williamsburg VA, I had no clue how hard it is to get a decent simple NB hoodie. Next time the wife goes up I will have her check for more. Or you can probably call them up and have them ship. Its soft and simple, I should have bought 2!

Last edited:
check out ronnie fuktards recent tweet:

"@RonnieFieg: Kith is a limited footwear boutique. You want to find your size for every pair you want? Shop Journeys."

dammit if he is not 100% right. I get this all the time at work.....people 4 months after the fact wondering why we dont have Yeezy's or a shoe that someone only made 50 of. I try to explain to people that 99% of this stuff is "1 run and done", but most people cant seem to understand that.

after reading some of the comments aimed towards RF comment, I am wondering why everyone does not like him? I didnt read this statement as "arrogant", I think he is saying what every person who works at a shoe store is thinking, that limited means LIMITED, if you want a guaranteed sized every time maybe the mall stores are more your speed. Thats just understanding the market not being an D-bag.

Last edited:
so there is another model hitting the new balance custom soon idk what it is but its rumored be the 996 or 577
I guess I'm hoping for the 996. As much as I'd love a 577 Custom, the wait for a pair to ship over after production in the UK would significantly increase the wait for a pair.

Back
Top Bottom