Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Or don't. I have a friend that works pretty high up the chain at NB NA he told me that there were severe QC issues with these, it was a small run in the first place and half of them got scrapped. Sneaker freaker insisted that Australia got the biggest shipment leaving the rest of the world with little to nothing to split between them. It came Down to the choice to supply the USA or the rest of the world, pretty easy choice to make. Either satisfy one country or many, needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. That's why they weren't even offered to US stockists.
i dont see how these ended up any worse than mojitos. everyone that got them says theyre great for an asian made. CT even raved about it. lol. oh well.
woody said there's about 550 pairs, so 550 more got trashed? if the quality was that bad then good riddance, but if they were only a little bit messed up (like the bleeding onto the suede), what a waste.

That's crazy. Give me the "messed up" ones. I'll gladly rock them. No feelings would be hurt here. Ha. 

Ive wanted those SF NBs since i saw them last year. Sucks that we dont get them but maybe they will pop up at some point.

Any idea how the SF Tassie x NB998 run?

I wear a 9 in Salmon soles 1300, 999 Seals and 574 Mojito but 9.5 on both Staple M575 V1 and V2.

Appreciate your kind input fam. Thanks in advance.

All my 998s run true to size, but I have wide feet. I wear 8.5 in every New Balance I own. I could probably go up or down on a couple models though, if I had too. 

Any idea how the SF Tassie x NB998 run?

I wear a 9 in Salmon soles 1300, 999 Seals and 574 Mojito but 9.5 on both Staple M575 V1 and V2.

Appreciate your kind input fam. Thanks in advance.
general consensus is they run slightly big so youre probably better off with a 9. half sizes are more scarce for this release anyway. but a couple others i know have told me id be fine tts because of a wider foot. i guess they run slightly long.
hopefully my pair on the way fits good, or i'll be praying to get lucky on one of the few 9.5s out there.

All my 998s run true to size, but I have wide feet. I wear 8.5 in every New Balance I own. I could probably go up or down on a couple models though, if I had too. 
general consensus is they run slightly big so youre probably better off with a 9. half sizes are more scarce for this release anyway. but a couple others i know have told me id be fine tts because of a wider foot. i guess they run slightly long.
hopefully my pair on the way fits good, or i'll be praying to get lucky on one of the few 9.5s out there.
you guess correct. they run slightly long.

Thanks for all the kind feedback NBFam! :smokin

^ If you have wider feet, I'd say consider going a half-size up on 998s.  My first pair I got in my true 11 and they fit great lengthwise, but they were super snug widthwise.  That said, I have wide enough feet where shoes that are slightly slim in the toebox feel snug.  

^ If you have wider feet, I'd say consider going a half-size up on 998s.  My first pair I got in my true 11 and they fit great lengthwise, but they were super snug widthwise.  That said, I have wide enough feet where shoes that are slightly slim in the toebox feel snug.  

^Thanks
I do have wide feet that's why I wear a 9.5 on M575 Staples. hmmn...
Now this get me thinkin... smh

Last edited:
I'm also waiting for the discount with them JCrew Corks.

Good luck with those sneaker freakers... Good but not great... IMHO...

anyone experience cracking on their 999gfr's? i wore mine heavily in FL and they got pretty bad. needless to say they'll be taking a well-earned break in the closet for some time :smh:

Yeah those JCrew 1400s up there might be my next NB purchase along with the cinnamon 1300s. Do 1300s run long like 996s and 998s?

Alright how do 576 fit compared with 577? Recently got size 11 in the stone island 577 and they fit perfectly. Think I saw someone post that 576 run big though..should I go half size down? I looked at the fitment guide but its kinda all over the place. Trying to grab the navy 25th anniversary 576.

Alright how do 576 fit compared with 577? Recently got size 11 in the stone island 577 and they fit perfectly. Think I saw someone post that 576 run big though..should I go half size down? I looked at the fitment guide but its kinda all over the place. Trying to grab the navy 25th anniversary 576.

personally, i found my 577 (farmers market) and 576 (andy mandle)...both size 8.5 fit me quite similarly...and both are uk-made.

haven't worn either in a while, but i believe i like the comfort of the 576's better (577 model's midsole/outsole feels quite stiff/rigid in general to me). think the 576's felt ever-so-slightly wider in the toebox to me as well...but i may be trippin' (again, haven't worn either pair for a few weeks now)...

anyone experience cracking on their 999gfr's? i wore mine heavily in FL and they got pretty bad. needless to say they'll be taking a well-earned break in the closet for some time
mean.gif
+1

Was cleaning my rotation today and noticed cracking/peeling on the midsole near the heel area.  Only worn them 5 or 6 times for a few hours.  
mean.gif

No backup pair for me, unless I get them mad cheap.  

Was at the WOOD WOOD shop in Denmark, they also have the tassie devil next weekend. Also they still had the Black Pigeon still....

+1

Was cleaning my rotation today and noticed cracking/peeling on the midsole near the heel area.  Only worn them 5 or 6 times for a few hours.  
mean.gif

No backup pair for me, unless I get them mad cheap.  
I told ya'll these are shoddy. I want to get rid of both of my red elites.

Back
Top Bottom