Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

WOW....Dude really used someone else's pics for props on a forum? Some of you take this stuff way too seriously.

I haven't been here long at all but this thread has gone so downhill from when I joined haha. Started with the team nb tbh
I lurked here since LONG before I joined, in the two years i have been absent from this site, and TM NB seemed to be started with the best intentions. As a group for like minded dudes that wanted to share their love of NBs together as well as help each other out. As it has progressed it seems to have changed a bit though, now it seems that (some) dudes just use it to hold over peoples heads and say i get that EXCLUSIVE info. Basically the problem with that is it alienates the newer members of the thread, like they are somehow undeserving of the stuff that we know. Because of that, the newer members start to dislike the members of the team, and that only drives the team further inwards on themselves and makes the situation worse. Really, no info now a days is exclusive, you may hear about it early but its gonna leak. The idea of team SB was tossed around in that thread but rejected because the biggest contributors didn't want it to come down to that, they want everyone to feel welcome and everyone to be on the same level. This whole "team so and so" concept has been along for a LONG time on NT i remember a team JB forming up years ago but I am pretty sure it is dissolved by now because in the end, it never works out. My OPINION is that man this is the internet and remember this is just shoes, **** shouldn't be so serious, so what if a couple re sellers get some info. You know kicksdeals is gonna find that **** out some way or another through one of their MANY di*ksuckers that just feed them the best info, or the shop themselves will tell them to increase business. I think that everyone should just be equal, call it communism but NT should not have this stupid caste system, where only the elite get the info and the rest have to fight for scraps.

Last edited:
What is going on with NikeTalk recently. Man, first the Roshe thread gets ruined by hypebeasts, and now this one is headed downhill. Just get back to posting about sneakers, guys. There's no need to  bash other dudes in here, and there really shouldn't be any hate for a "Team" that keeps itself completely separate from this thread. Seriously, you're beating a dead horse at this point. We understand you're against the concept of TeamNB. Discuss sneakers, share your passion for New Balance, and we'll all get along fine. Don't kill this thread like all the other great threads before that have died once the wrong people begin to post the wrong things.

Damn my dude thought he was Mystique transforming another mans collection as his

Damn I cant believe cat stole some pics and fronted like it was his kicks lmao. Well ive been busy but I finally applied for team nb! Wish me luck and here is my small but growing collection. Ive worn the yots and the red 999 so far.
I'm so jelly of your grey pigeons. Wish i was into NB early enough to cop them when they came out.  Good luck with your application. hope you get in!

my 1500 made in england fit somewhere in the middle of tts and .5 larger. call it .25 large 

not a big deal id buy tts is i were you. being slightly big is much preferable to slightly small
TTS may fit just perfect then. Thanks so much. Repped.

What is going on with NikeTalk recently. Man, first the Roshe thread gets ruined by hypebeasts, and now this one is headed downhill. Just get back to posting about sneakers, guys. There's no need to  bash other dudes in here, and there really shouldn't be any hate for a "Team" that keeps itself completely separate from this thread. Seriously, you're beating a dead horse at this point. We understand you're against the concept of TeamNB. Discuss sneakers, share your passion for New Balance, and we'll all get along fine. Don't kill this thread like all the other great threads before that have died once the wrong people begin to post the wrong things.
How can you not understand that is an extremely alienating act? You say it's separate from this thread but it's not; stop posting about the team and the shirts and the application process and that would be great. It's a great community yet there's a separate team created. Makes no sense.

For the record, I personally have no issue whatsoever with the team thing. Team NB isn't the first team on NT and it won't be the last.

The problem, as myself and others have said before, is with the exclusiveness of it. No other NT team purposely limits applicants to 3 a month. So Team NB and Team AmFam are NOT the same in that regard.

I always see Team NB dudes say just post about sneakers, we all love sneakers, etc. Then why are you limiting those who can enjoy the benefits of being on Team NB? The contradictions are uncanny, IMO. If all this is really about the love of New Balance, open up applications to everyone that meets your criteria and be done with it. Stop with the feigned exclusivity under the guise of protecting info from resellers, because as many heads in this thread have noted, resellers probably know the drop info before you guys do. Hell, for some resellers THAT'S THEIR JOB. Best believe they're not sweating the NB thread on NT.

Anyways, just my 2 cents. My opinion means nothing really, but I'm still going to let it be known.

How can you not understand that is an extremely alienating act? You say it's separate from this thread but it's not; stop posting about the team and the shirts and the application process and that would be great. It's a great community yet there's a separate team created. Makes no sense.
this just goes back to what gtfan was saying about beating a dead horse...

can we please talk about NB now

whos excited about the miggy 574? there's only 44 pairs so i really hope I can cop my size.

Last edited:
This will be the last I post about the topic. I personally brought the application process over directly from TeamROSHE. The limitation of 3 is understandably low, and we honestly did not mean for this to come off as elitist or excluding. Honestly, we've only accepted two members this month, so a limit of three isn't really necessary. It would've limited itself on its own. As for the information being out there already, I argue against that. The NB game might be different than the Roshe game, but I had a full two hours to debate on if I wanted a pair of the "Mint" Roshe Run FBs before we tweeted that they were up on NikeStore and they sold out within minutes. I've seen how well a Team can work together for the benefit of all involved in it. When writing up the original application guidelines, I had zero intention of excluding anyone. If you're an NB fan and you contribute, you're welcome over on TeamNB. As long as everyone is accepted following the same criteria, I wouldn't have a problem if anyone interested could be able to join.

That's it for me. Here's my 999 SEALs in a long, bright hallway. I love this shoe.

I'm looking to get some 1500 Made in UK, the 1500gbt and 1500 gyb. On the sizing survey, 67% said that these fit true to size and others said it's half size big or small. If you have any Made in UK 1500s, could you advise on sizing please. I have non-wide feet and wear size US9 in 996/999/1600 and US8.5 in 580/998. Also, if anybody knows where I can get the 1500gbt for a decent price could you PM please. Thanks in advance everyone.

I got my 1500 GBT from a seller on French eBay that ships to the US. They came out to a little less than $120 shipped which seemed like a decent deal considering the websites that still had them available were more in the $180+ range at the time (mostly overseas with shipping). That was a few months ago.

They fit true to size to me but I have a somewhat wide foot.

How can you not understand that is an extremely alienating act? You say it's separate from this thread but it's not; stop posting about the team and the shirts and the application process and that would be great. It's a great community yet there is a separate team created. Makes no sense.
this just goes back to what gtfan was saying about beating a dead horse...
can we please talk about NB now

whos excited about the miggy 574? there's only 44 pairs so i really hope I can cop my size.

And herein lies the problem. Why should one side of the argument be quiet for fear of beating a dead horse? That's crazy to me. NT is a community first. Everyone has a say and right to voice their opinion, as long as it isn't offensive.

So people can feel alienated and can't say anything about it, but Team NB and their supporters can just say "it isn't a big deal....be quiet and get back to the shoes"? That doesn't sound like a community to me. Maybe they should take into consideration the numerous complaints and criticisms of what they're doing and adjust accordingly. But instead it'll be shrugged off as haters hating or taking shoes too serious.

Pretty sure ive said it before but dont sweat the miggy release. Dont buy into the same ol limited crap. You can ID that 574 yourself (it is a nice colorway). Granted you wont have the special insoles but those details seem to be geared toward devoted sports fans. Not gonna see it when worn.

I need the black/blue made in england 1500s, about to pull the trigger on a pair soon :nerd:

And herein lies the problem. Why should one side of the argument be quiet for fear of beating a dead horse? That's crazy to me. NT is a community first. Everyone has a say and right to voice their opinion, as long as it isn't offensive.

So people can feel alienated and can't say anything about it, but Team NB and their supporters can just say "it isn't a big deal....be quiet and get back to the shoes"? That doesn't sound like a community to me. Maybe they should take into consideration the numerous complaints and criticisms of what they're doing and adjust accordingly. But instead it'll be shrugged off as haters hating or taking shoes too serious.
THIS I have noticed that everyone saying oh just get back to the topic is or is applying to be a member of the team. Its downright wrong to completely ignore the subject when it comes up. Also, don't compare NB to roshes, the drops are ENTIRELY different. Anything that is limited is announced well before, and if you know the shops that normally carry limited releases all you have to do is keep track of their social media accounts and you will get the info. Nike sometime does silent drops, so i understand "needing to keep that info from resellers" but still if they are the actual legitimate resellers that cop dozens of pairs chances are they know LONG before Team roshe does. That is their job not their hobby. So in the end the only people you are actually excluding from the info are the majority of people who are just like you, they have the same interest and passion you do. Look at the SB thread, the best on NT in my opinion, everyone gets along there because they are all on the same level. None of this tension exists. Their ideology is you cant let the resellers change you or they are the ones that truly won, odds are more regular people than resellers will get them if you just share, so why not. It works! More contributors wind up getting their pairs and being happy, and that entices them to stick around and keep posting. That thread is one of the only ones on NT that feels like an actual community, really wish more would follow their lead.

Also I found it pretty fu*king pathetic that the thread moved the quickest that it had since the tassies tonight and it was all just flaming some poor fool. I really thought this thread was better than that. 

To make this NB related I heard from my buddy at Kith that RF has another collab with NB in the works. Coming out this fall apparently. 

Pretty sure ive said it before but dont sweat the miggy release. Dont buy into the same ol limited crap. You can ID that 574 yourself (it is a nice colorway). Granted you wont have the special insoles but those details seem to be geared toward devoted sports fans. Not gonna see it when worn.
Same as the Ubiq 574s that released a few months ago, was completely able to be copied to a tee with ID, even more so than the miggys because they didn't have any special branding. They were a complete rip off of the j crew 1400s anyways. Hoping that their next collab will be much better.

What's good with all these guys with Braud flaws? Lmao alot of emotions

I know TM NB has helped me alot and NT in general. I won't waste my time with those few haters and jealous females.

Am I in the right thread
nerd.gif

I suppose there has been equal hate on all the "teams" on NT. Forgetting the fact that just by being on NT, you are already a part of a "team".

I can say that the members are far from elitist or desire to alienate anyone whatsoever. Take it how you want, much of the info shared is also shared on this forum. I look at it more as a sub group of fellow enthusiasts...just a group of cats who share a similar passion/interest. That is ALL it is, it isn't some secret squirrel skull and bones type ish. Sometimes the true meaning is lost in translation on the internets. Things don't always come out how they are intended.

Deployment schedule has kept me behind the curve of staying up to date, but THANK YOU to all the contributers of the forum. Many of those folks are not currently TMNB many do not wish to join. It's all good either way!

Keep the good info coming and let's try and move on from this current debate. This thread has brought a lot of older NT members back into the fold so to speak, and I would hate to see it get closed or taken off topic when it has been such a helpful tool for so many!

This will be the last I post about the topic. I personally brought the application process over directly from TeamROSHE. The limitation of 3 is understandably low, and we honestly did not mean for this to come off as elitist or excluding. Honestly, we've only accepted two members this month, so a limit of three isn't really necessary. It would've limited itself on its own. As for the information being out there already, I argue against that. The NB game might be different than the Roshe game, but I had a full two hours to debate on if I wanted a pair of the "Mint" Roshe Run FBs before we tweeted that they were up on NikeStore and they sold out within minutes. I've seen how well a Team can work together for the benefit of all involved in it. When writing up the original application guidelines, I had zero intention of excluding anyone. If you're an NB fan and you contribute, you're welcome over on TeamNB. As long as everyone is accepted following the same criteria, I wouldn't have a problem if anyone interested could be able to join.
I really hope you're just obtuse/naive by nature if you really didn't understand that the outcome of Team NB would yield an elitist-type perception. Not quite sure if you understand what the definition or premise of the word "team" is. For someone who has first-hand experience on how Team Roshe has played-out in the Roshe thread, why would you utilize the same template for an application in this thread? Wouldn't those results provide any or some form of indication on how NOT to start things off? Even within your own Team Roshe, there are cliques. (Cue Xzibit: "Yo dawg, I heard you like cliques so we put a clique in your clique.")

You stated, "there really shouldn't be any hate for a 'Team' that keeps itself completely separate from this thread." If this is the case, then keep it completely separate from the thread. I don't post much in here anymore, but it's clear that the whole Team NB thing is distancing itself whether it's intentional or not. Not hard to see posts about designs, apparel, etc. that are strictly Team NB related. Could you not just do that privately in your own Facebook group if you wanted to keep it behind closed doors? Looks more like enticement than promotion to me. See the irony? When the first signs of Team NB came into fruition, it seemed like a good idea. The reality of it was that I just wanted a number (#20) and to help certain members that I, specifically, had some form of rapport with. (Yes, that's elitist in itself to say, but at least I own it. It's not hard to spot those that go out of their way to not appear as hypebeasts and/or those that just want an "edge" in limited releases.) Regardless, I recall someone wanting to make it exclusive with applications and I & another NTer said no to that garbage. Honestly, any information that I would've probably received from the team would be information that I already knew. (Not even a humble brag. I, straight-up, don't have problems attaining any releases.) Might not be the same case for other members, but it would be like forming a study group and I'd be the dude doing all the notes then giving it those that did nothing. It's late and that was a horribly analogy, but I think you get the point...

(I just posted a wall of text & the violin GIF has been uploaded so I'll await the Rock Clapping GIF):x

Haha! You guys went off on Zedrok. If you're new or old to collecting, that's your thing. I'll have my perspective on you whether negative or positive and you'll have yours, but don't pass-off the belongings of others as your own. That's just sad...

Same as the Ubiq 574s that released a few months ago, was completely able to be copied to a tee with ID, even more so than the miggys because they didn't have any special branding. They were a complete rip off of the j crew 1400s anyways. Hoping that their next collab will be much better.
Kith was the first that i noticed. It seemed like the green and red 574s were a trial run for RF to see if his branding could roll over to something beyond asics. Dont forget the concepts home away pack with the special hang tags. All sold out. Im sure many bought to support the local shop though. People can buy whatever they want, just trying to show people at least with these "limited" 574s they dont need to stress as they can recreate it themselves.

Kith was the first that i noticed. It seemed like the green and red 574s were a trial run for RF to see if his branding could roll over to something beyond asics. Dont forget the concepts home away pack with the special hang tags. All sold out. Im sure many bought to support the local shop though. People can buy whatever they want, just trying to show people at least with these "limited" 574s they dont need to stress as they can recreate it themselves.
yeah come to think of it there have been a bunch of 574 collabs that are the same as potential ID colorways.  It was disappointing to see Burn Rubber choose to do another 574 and not only that, to go with such a "basic" colorway (albeit a cool sneaker and colorway).

I don't get why there are so many 574 collaborations.  I mean models like the Mojitos definitely make sense because they are so unique and the concept just works with the model, materials, colors and execution.  But something like the Miggy would be much better on like a 996 or 577 (or even a 576 over a 574), even if just to make it something that couldn't just be (essentially) recreated (without the insoles and tongue tag)...

Back
Top Bottom