Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Already have these so might have to pass on the St. Alfreds 1500. Plus, I'm still annoyed over their Asics GL3 online release...:smh:

roll.gif
 elmo suede, sta's. man i hope better pics surface. as other's mentioned, color+gumsole is love, but that material doe... i can overlook the cm1500 shape if it was on point and a smoother suede. will wait and see.

smh at all these spots dying to put out a quick collab, so they're going asian made. i wish they would go through the usual couple of year lead time for a uk/us made model and put out a better product instead of saying here is a collab so we know it will sell out.

Everyone keeps talking about why shops don't put out UK or US made shoes.

As far as I understand it US shops have the choice of US made or China made. European shops have the choice of UK made. US shops DO NOT have the choice of Uk made.

Therefore if a US shop wants to do a 577 or a 1500 they are stuck with China made given there is currently no tooling set up for US made 577s (not sure whether historically there has ever been) or 1500s (they have been made in the US in the past).

Quite why the US shops want to produce those models when there are so many great US made shoes is beyond me. Maybe it is as Jeremy says - a lack of patience for the reported waiting time. Perhaps it is trying to keep costs down by going for the cheaper Chinese shoe. Perhaps NB themselves call the shots on what shoes they will allow to be used. We all know they want the ******** story gimmicks before they will even consider signing off on a collab.

Last edited:
smh at all these spots dying to put out a quick collab, so they're going asian made. i wish they would go through the usual couple of year lead time for a uk/us made model and put out a better product instead of saying here is a collab so we know it will sell out.

I actually spoke to someone at New Balance when I was on line at UBIQ here in Philly for the Benjamin 1600. I asked why most of these collaborations aren't made here in the USA? It's because the cost to produce a limited number of shoes with premium materials would be too high. Also, the USA factories only produce certain models. Such as the 993, 991, 574, etc... New Balance does not make very much money on these collaborations. The shops make the profit. What NB gets is a bigger fan base, and more "sneakerheads" interested in their products. After all... Who else buys 3-4 pairs of shoes per month besides the die hard Sneaker Fiends? Think about it.

Black pigeons were made in the UK and Staple is a US brand

I like US and UK made NB's as much as the rest of us, but I don't get bent out of shape when it's made in China. I don't know why people act like you still can't get premium materials on China NB's. Shape is one thing, but people acting like you're going to get some crap quality shoe just because it's made in China is silly.

yeah but the black pigeons were really a size (UK) collab. not a staple collab.
i heard the exact same thing as djbucko1, although one of the pairs to escape that rule was the providers. the australia shops werent supposed to be able to use UK models, but they were able to do a made in UK 1500 instead of being stuck with the asian made 1500.

Last edited:
How is it not a Staple collab when it says stpl + New Balance right on the insole? It's his logo in addition to the Size? name, so I'm sure they both had some say.

Last edited:
i meant yeah it's jeff staple obviously because of the pigeon, but it was a size collab/release. hence the model number being SZE

Going simple today for work with the 996GL's (Grey/Blacks). 996's are more comfortable on feet for me then 1300's for some reason. USA versions, haven't tried the Revlite versions yet.

Bless your feet with 990s

walking around like 
sick.gif
smokin.gif
lol, ya i have my 3 pairs of 990's saved for the other days in the week. haven't touched these 996's in a long while. only pair of 996's i have. wanted those royal blues awhile back but missed them and never bothered trying hunting them down. had to give these some love!

Last edited:

Going simple today for work with the 996GL's (Grey/Blacks). 996's are more comfortable on feet for me then 1300's for some reason. USA versions, haven't tried the Revlite versions yet.
That footrest though! Just kidding, big fan of the GL's.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom