Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Damn you Jcu, I dont have the 1300NW yet!

This reselling the Independece Day 998 is comical though. #thestruggle.

Meanwhile, Pebble Blues still sitting. Zzzzzzzz

I'm new to this thread so I've been trying to look back a couple pages to see if this question was answered already but are all J.Crew stores getting the 998 or just some? I know the online release is the 18th.

I'm new to this thread so I've been trying to look back a couple pages to see if this question was answered already but are all J.Crew stores getting the 998 or just some? I know the online release is the 18th.
Only some J Crews are getting them. Usually the ones in major malls or and in major cities.

Last edited:
I just called J. Crew and pre ordered a pair. You could try doing that

What J Crew are you guys calling? I'm on the phone with their customer service and they guy's telling me they've been instructed not to do preorders.

Scratch that, got thru. If you have trouble ask for a personal stylist, was quick and painless.

Last edited:
New to this thread, trying to move on from my JB/Nike addiction and try new things that match more my style now.  Can anyone advise on the sizing of the 998s?  normally wear an 8 in Nike/JB, but I heard to size down a half size on these? 

Last edited:
I pre-ordered the independence days via online chat.  the rep said pre-orders are not guaranteed and still subject to availability since the item is limited.  hoping my order gets processed.

RE:  998 sizing, i find them to to fit a little longer than my normal fit.  half size down from your nike sizing should be fine. @buckeye84  

I pre-ordered the independence days via online chat.  the rep said pre-orders are not guaranteed and still subject to availability since the item is limited.  hoping my order gets processed.

RE:  998 sizing, i find them to to fit a little longer than my normal fit.  half size down from your nike sizing should be fine. @buckeye84  
Thanks bro, 

I'm gonna size down per your advise as well as try to pre order via online chat. 

Appreciate the help! 

Just a heads up, chat with JC online, they said I needed to call a personal stylist.  Preordered a pair and she said price was $175?  Thought they were gonna be $160 like the rest online but oh well.  Looking forward to getting them.  Now if only I could find a pair of the Infernos in a 7.5!

Last edited:
Alright guys I know you hate the sizing questions, however this is very important. I know 1500's fit .5 big and most say you should go down .5 a size. However I wear a 10.5 and was wondering if a true 10.5 in 1500's would be TOO big? As in they will be sliding off my heel/feet? Thanks and I appreciate it.

Last edited:
What J Crew are you guys calling? I'm on the phone with their customer service and they guy's telling me they've been instructed not to do preorders.

Scratch that, got thru. If you have trouble ask for a personal stylist, was quick and painless.
how is paying 190 for a 998 painless?

Obviously I meant the process of procuring a pair. Dudes were camping out just the other day, I'd say a 3 minute phone call is pretty painless in comparison.

Mine were $184 shipped, but I'm used to paying around that for 998s. My only other pairs are the C Notes and Tannerys.

Last edited:
 I finally got my first pair of NBs(jcrew m996JC1) in hand and I was very impressed with the quality of materials and especially the comfort. sold all my Js awhile ago so ive been needing a new go to shoe and i think pandora's box has been opened. 
sick.gif

Well I think folks are confusing this thread a bit. They come from Jordan Brand and want a "cheap" alternative. That's not the case while we all do try to get these on sale, use coupons etc. The draw of NB is the quality and the classic runner styling. I do agree though that price is creeping up.

Paid $187 after taxes for the Independence Day. Thanks for posting they were allowing pre orders. I had to wait a hot minute to get the Infernos.

I finally got my first pair of NBs(jcrew m996JC1) in hand and I was very impressed with the quality of materials and especially the comfort. sold all my Js awhile ago so ive been needing a new go to shoe and i think pandora's box has been opened. :x

Lol I too sold a lot of my Jordans , now I rock nbs and air maxes .

^^^thats usually the case with 998s although I tried on the grey/orange/blue ones a couple months back and half size down felt crazy tight. Could have just been that colorway, they seem to run it on repeat.

Back
Top Bottom