Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

998GR for $80 from RRS or 997GY for $160 from SportsZoneElite?

Any significant difference between the 997 and 998. It's essentially the abzorb vs encap correct?

Get the 998 solely because Sports Zone Elite has been known to have awful customer service and often is out of the shoes listed on the site. Save yourself the headache and a little money.

I was really excited for those 1400s, but something is a little off for me. I'm not sure if it's the red around the N, or that the suede is too light. Anyways, I'll have to reserve judgment until I can actually see them in hand.

My M997PR came in today, and I'm pretty happy with my pair. No surprise about the brown leather, as I could tell it wasn't anything that great from pre-release pics. However, I really like 997s and this colorway overall, so they are worth it to me.

Get the 998 solely because Sports Zone Elite has been known to have awful customer service and often is out of the shoes listed on the site. Save yourself the headache and a little money.

I was gonna grab it in store since they have one pretty much everywhere in the DMV.

Now how would you answer the question :lol:

I was gonna grab it in store since they have one pretty much everywhere in the DMV.

Now how would you answer the question :lol:

Ha well if you're getting them in person... Hands down the 997. I would insta cop if I could find 997GY for under retail in a size 12 right now.

I have no idea why I hesitated in buying these, but every minute I waited was a mistake. These are incredible - might be my absolute favorite pair of NBs. USA 998s are already my favorite, but the softness and quality of materials on these are just insane, and that Pebble Blue really pops.

^be careful bro, you might offend someone in here by praising the quality on those :lol:

I gotta get a pair soon

Last edited:
Can someone tell me if sportzone elite a good place to order from? And are their any discount codes?

Last edited:
Went with the 998GR instead for $80.

Fellas, the nice kicks shop has 40% off all clearance. Some nice 1500s. Might cop the burgundy ones for $60

Your question was answered a few posts prior; there is a 10% code, but I can't find it
yeah sportszone elite is cool, stopped by their shop yesterday but they didnt have the 997gy, if I find that 10% code or if anyone does, please post, I need to double up

Going rate on C-notes and Tannerys. Gonna bite the bullet and pay resale. Just want to know how much I should pay. Prices on ebay are all over the place.

For DS condition I would say Cnote $250-$300 tannery $300 - 350.

Agreed. I personally won't pay more than $270 shipped for Cnotes and $340 shipped for Tannery's. I'll end up with both someday soon, but there are plenty other pairs on my list that come first.

Walter..

Back
Top Bottom