Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

got into nb game late trying catch up .. just seen the americana 577 dope shoe .. im a sz9 wide should i go tts or .5 down thanks

Just got these from Ubiq. First pair of New Balance 996. Love em!

Gotta get those Capsules. Hopefully they'll be semi-plentiful.

I've seen a lot of places, not even just the regulars post pics on IG saying they'll have them this Saturday, so I'm sure they're going to be plentiful. I'm guessing some places may not even sell out. My local spot is getting them and I plan to cop, just hope the general release comes with the bag and extra laces

Jcrew 998 pebble blue are currently available for phone order only, taken down from website, will be back up on August 25th (monday) and full priced (160$), never went on sale when they were taken down.

[emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji] I was so scared when I saw they had taken them down, I've been putting them off far too long and thought I finally got caught [emoji]128563[/emoji]

Isn't retail on the 990 $190? I don't think the price point is too bad based off that.
You're right I didn't even consider its MSRP.

I guess im so surprised because usually every 990 I see has been drastically discounted. Most 990's never sell out quickly (if at all) at the suggested retail price, and for good reason. The shoe just simply isn't worth it: aesthetically and material wise. I really don't like the direction NB is going with USA made pricing. They're starting to take the Nike/JB "less is more" mentality.

I have been holding back on saying anything bad about New Balance.  I have been wearing their shoes since my Dad bought me a pair way way back when, and I have over a 100 pairs of New Balance runners now, but I have to say, they have gone completely off the rails in terms of their price points for some of their recent releases.  The 997 at 260.00 was ridiculous, then the 996 at 249.00 was insane, then they release this new 1300 for 249.99.  Who do they think they are trying to appeal to? I can understand costs changes, I can understand increases in material costs, but the prices they are putting up for even the recent 574 models have completely turned me off to their shoes.  I think the last pair I bought from them was the Navy 997 at 200.00 and I thought that was a little high.  Quite frankly, crossing that 200.00 threshold was a bad move. I can't justify these prices for their shoes anymore.  Especially the US made models they have been shoving at us lately.......

I think the saddest part is, however, that people are still going to pay these prices for their shoes.  And that sucks
Edit: Just saw this and couldn't agree more. I was a strong supporter of new balance for the past 4 years, but now things have just gotten out of hand. My guess is they're "testing" their target market to see how much ******%% we're willing to deal with. Even Nike/JB stretched out the cost increase of most of their "target market" shoes over several years. A price hike this steep has to mean something more than "more profit" is going on.

Last edited:
Picked up my first pair of new balances for $25 at this wierd local monthly sale thing that goes on. Pretty sure they're factory seconds but couldn't beat the price.

Last edited:
Pebble Blues are back up on J Crew...no Concrete Jungles.

^^definitely increase in quality, decrease in price

Walter..

Last edited:
still no size 8.5 up :frown: when i called few days ago they see no shipment and all the stores gone 8.5 really wanted a pair

got into nb game late trying catch up .. just seen the americana 577 dope shoe .. im a sz9 wide should i go tts or .5 down thanks
go with 9.5 possibly because of the wide aspect, these are asian made and the 9 fit like 9.5 and 9.5 like 10 etc etc.

would you guys rather see increased prices or decreased quality?
increased prices, I'll just buy less and less shoes

I have been holding back on saying anything bad about New Balance.  I have been wearing their shoes since my Dad bought me a pair way way back when, and I have over a 100 pairs of New Balance runners now, but I have to say, they have gone completely off the rails in terms of their price points for some of their recent releases.  The 997 at 260.00 was ridiculous, then the 996 at 249.00 was insane, then they release this new 1300 for 249.99.  Who do they think they are trying to appeal to? I can understand costs changes, I can understand increases in material costs, but the prices they are putting up for even the recent 574 models have completely turned me off to their shoes.  I think the last pair I bought from them was the Navy 997 at 200.00 and I thought that was a little high.  Quite frankly, crossing that 200.00 threshold was a bad move. I can't justify these prices for their shoes anymore.  Especially the US made models they have been shoving at us lately.......

I think the saddest part is, however, that people are still going to pay these prices for their shoes.  And that sucks

I agree w/ almost everything you're saying. Of all the brands, I'd say we're getting the most bang for our buck w/ NB, but I'm not interested in paying $170+ for most of the ones they're hiking the prices on.

Question: Can anyone share their experiences w/ Rev-Lite? Is it a better feel than what's an already high standard?

All jokes aside, if decreased prices meant decrease in quality, I wouldn't be a fan.

In a sense with NB, you pay for what you get. Great craftsmanship with great quality. If it comes down to price doesn't justify the product anymore I would be put off. NB = quality, keep it there.

Walter..

Last edited:
go with 9.5 possibly because of the wide aspect, these are asian made and the 9 fit like 9.5 and 9.5 like 10 etc etc.

increased prices, I'll just buy less and less shoes
so i should go with the sz9 then if it really fits like a 9.5 .. the sz9 i can get for 40bucks cheaper then a sz8.5 all dead stock just want to make sure i get the rite fit

What gets me is that the quality seems relatively static for the last 24 months that I have been buying but prices aren’t they have been gradually pushing upwards.

That said most of the NB over here other than special editions colabs and the sort never really sells out at full price £140-£165 dependant on model but once they go on sale £90 to £110, they literally fly off the shelves.

You would think that NB would look at that when making pricing decisions as I think if it established a price point between the 2 figures they would make more people happy.

That said if Nike can get £95+ for most of the truly **** Air Max 90’s they are slinging then it doesn’t really seem that bad.

Also they should really rollout the ID option in the UK…..

can anyone advise on tassie devil sizing? same as all 998s or they run bigger?

thanks
They run a bit smaller than US Made 998's being as though they are Asian made. Not sure if theres enough of a difference to warrant going half up from your regular US 998 size. Depends on your feet. 

can anyone advise on tassie devil sizing? same as all 998s or they run bigger?

thanks
run half a size big, I am a 10.5 in US made 998, the tassie (asian made) I have in size 10.
so i should go with the sz9 then if it really fits like a 9.5 .. the sz9 i can get for 40bucks cheaper then a sz8.5 all dead stock just want to make sure i get the rite fit
well I would say go with a size 9 for the 9.5 length but I am curious as what the width difference is between the size 9 and 9.5. But if you were regular width and wear a size 9, i'd say go with a 8.5 to get a 9 sizing but possibly the size 9 would have a wider width that can accomadate your feet but maybe the length (9.5) is too much

I want those 996s so bad but I got school bills to pay and what money I can scrap went to Kobe MC lows and Baes.. By the time I work and save more the Rose Golds will be out and I told myself those would be the last ones for the year.. actually summer. No year. No summer. Wait on me babies [emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]

All jokes aside, if decreased prices meant decrease in quality, I wouldn't be a fan.

In a sense with NB, you pay for what you get. Great craftsmanship with great quality. If it comes down to price doesn't justify the product anymore I would be put off. NB = quality, keep it there.

Walter..
And while I agree with the quality aspect, the price increases they have implemented do not appear to be a result of increased costs of materials or workers salaries.  If that were the case, as in the past, we would be seeing slight increases, 10-15$ for the USA made shoes.  But no, they are increasing prices drastically, and as other have mentioned, that does not indicate that the increases are a result of simple changes in cost to manufacture the shoes.  Couple with the fact that I can look at a pair of NB 1300 now compared to a pair 2 years ago and find little difference in quality of how it was put together, indicates to me that there is another element outside of just simple increases in product cost at work here.

When I saw the 997 at 260.00, I thought it was a joke, or a mistake.....but no, it's the real deal :frown:

Back
Top Bottom