Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Quote:

where you guys seeing 175 for dcs?  i'm looking and all i see is 185+

ha that's the pair on grailed i was going to buy, they look fine to me
Yeah, still not used to this Grailed thing yet. You going in with an offer bruh?

naw this was a couple months back already... idk why he still has it.  ended up just grabbing a pair of seconds from an outlet

UnDS'd my 1300DC for #officecarpetfriday. We have wood floors but you get the idea. I was on the hunt for a while but I'm glad I finally found them for retail.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to ridicule anyone, but I came across a particularly interesting eBay listing on some 998s. 

They're asking $35 OBO. Do these things really hold that sort of value in this kind of condition? They look like they can be cleaned up some, but where's the line. Just sort of amazed me to see something like that.

Last edited:
^ some people will sell ANYTHING on ebay.  

I've actually seen quite a few sneakers on ebay like that, but $35 is kinda crazy. 

naw this was a couple months back already... idk why he still has it.  ended up just grabbing a pair of seconds from an outlet
He does still has it, for one reason or another. Heel support on left hand is scratched to bits though.

Now considering between this or the 990GRY. About sizing, I think we agree the consensus is sizing down .5 from Nike sizing for 9xx models am I right. I'm an 8.5 in UK 577's, so hoping it'd be the same case with the 9xx's.

Anyone owns both can comment on comfort for both models? Thinking of walking long distances with these and the 997 does look plusher. 9 years of technology plusher.

He does still has it, for one reason or another. Heel support on left hand is scratched to bits though.

Now considering between this or the 990GRY. About sizing, I think we agree the consensus is sizing down .5 from Nike sizing for 9xx models am I right. I'm an 8.5 in UK 577's, so hoping it'd be the same case with the 9xx's.

Anyone owns both can comment on comfort for both models? Thinking of walking long distances with these and the 997 does look plusher. 9 years of technology plusher.
hey mate, i'm a us9 in made in uk 577s, whereas in older 577 (<2010) i can normally sport a 8.5 easily. in 997 i wear us9. in 998 i prefer us8.5, because us9 tend to be a little bit too roomy for me... to sum up: take your uk 577 size in the 997 :wink: hope that helps

Last edited:

IMO the 990 is the more comfortable sneaker. Both are two of my favorite shoes in my collection tho and cant go wrong either way.

Does anybody have a pair of the 1550? They look great imo and I'm about to order a pair, just would like to hear some feedback on comfort.

^ Oh crap! Loving those. I wonder if they fit small like that 530s. Kinda want to go ahead and get a pair. Definitely feeling the look.

Some upcoming S/S '16 997s I saw on Facebook. Man, NB is not slowing down with the 997 releases, and I'm totally cool with that. The tan/beige terry with the black accents is slick 
nthat.gif

I also think the navy 997 is pretty nice, I wonder if it's a Horween release? 

Speaking of Horween, I also saw some Horween 1400s on FB a few days ago that looked fantastic. Someday I'll have the whole collection in my hands for a reasonable price!

Back
Top Bottom