Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Has anyone ever travelled abroad for an extended period of time and taken a decent amount of sneakers with them? I'm studying abroad this spring and want to know if there is an affordable or practical way of bringing say maybe 10 or so pairs. If not, I'm thinking about un-DSing some 998s and seeing how beat up they'll get traveling around Europe for a semester. Thoughts?

Has anyone ever travelled abroad for an extended period of time and taken a decent amount of sneakers with them? I'm studying abroad this spring and want to know if there is an affordable or practical way of bringing say maybe 10 or so pairs. If not, I'm thinking about un-DSing some 998s and seeing how beat up they'll get traveling around Europe for a semester. Thoughts?
I would bring beaters, I brought a pair of Air Max 95's and a pair of 998's to Italy for 4-months both did not return with me. 95's the air bubble popped and the 998s the plastic on the heel started cracking. 

Last edited:
The toebox 
I think they're both 997.5's and I agree. Nothing special.

I'm looking forward to the 997.5 coming back. I can't stand the heel on the 997 midsole.......yes, I'm probably one of the very few that isn't a fan of the 997.
I think most people like the 997 silhouette, but comfort wise the 998 takes the cake. After I got my first and only 998, the CELs, they instantly became one of my favorites and became my beaters. I rarely wear any of my 997s now cause the midsole is so damn stiff, ABZORB is money. On the other hand, the 997 has the XAR-1000 on the heel of the outsole which has not worn away. I land heavily on my heels and the arches on my feet are like non-existant. 997.5s have some wonky colorways, I thought 2 were released last year? Or possibly there were some leaked pics? Hopefully some simple colorways are released in the future.

I love the look of the 997 but I really hate wearing mine. They just feel so weird with the brick like midsole. Not to mention I feel like I'm wearing a wedge because of the shape.

But they do look damn good.

I would bring beaters, I brought a pair of Air Max 95's and a pair of 998's to Italy for 4-months both did not return with me. 95's the air bubble popped and the 998s the plastic on the heel started cracking. 
That's what Im thinking, maybe two 998s or so that I can mess up and then something nice for every once in a while. 

My Horween and Herringbone came in. Pretty happy with how they turned out.

That horween tongue!

And if only they had perf suede with horween details. That would be amazing..

so are those what the concepts releasing or is it a custom?

i don't know if it's just the lighting but that horween color on nb1 is not what i was expecting

Took these out to the 212 today. In love. Paid 270 including tax and shipping. But the 240 retail is so worth it. Quality is cocoa butter bananarama erroneous (word to mrcrispycoyle.)

I love the look of the 997 but I really hate wearing mine. They just feel so weird with the brick like midsole. Not to mention I feel like I'm wearing a wedge because of the shape.

But they do look damn good.
I have 1 pair of 997's, the Maroon Heritages, and they are some of the most comfortable shoes i have. They are in my everyday rotation, and so are getting pretty broken in, and they are very comfortable. I have a very high arch, and a slightly more narrow than average foot, so maybe that has something to do with why some shoes feel different to other people. Don't get me wrong, my 998's are extremely comfortable as well, but the 997's almost fit like a sock/shoe. 

That horween tongue!

And if only they had perf suede with horween details. That would be amazing..
Or even horween with the mesh...i just hate that you only get the 3 Herringbone Twill options...so limited and i am not a big fan of the Herrinbone anyways. 

These are sweet! That blue really pops. Which color is that bright blue, Aruba?  I just got notification last night that my NB1's have shipped. Tracking says I'll get them Thursday by the end of the day. I am so excited, this is my first NB1.
Yeah, that's aruba. I was going for a Stash Air Max 95 feel.

Back
Top Bottom