Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Aren't they supposed to have a perforated collar? I'm going with legit. I think the toebox is just quality control. The colors itself looks good. Fakes have bad plastic pieces Afaik

Aren't they supposed to have a perforated collar? I'm going with legit. I think the toebox is just quality control. The colors itself looks good. Fakes have bad plastic pieces Afaik
yea they are supposed to be perforated but i thought the collar panel looked a little chunky as well.

Hi, I'm looking for buying a pair of 8.5 998 TNY online. Here are some pics from the guy who sells them. They are worn according to description. I have owned 2 pair of 998, but I'm still not sure if this pair is legit. From some angle, the toe looks a bit bulky. Please help me.
Even if these were legit i wouldnt buy them based on the shape and perf toe condition.

Why?

eBay takes 10% off top.

So the seller ends up getting $900 after the full price 1k sale.

I wouldn't pay anything over $350 for them, and I own them.

I had another pair invoiced for $270 but the seller flaked. Plus no way I'm paying 1k that dude is crazy.

Last edited:
I'm kinda tempted to purchase a pair of the deconstructed wings+horns in black. But im curious if they run large/how they fit with an inner bootie and if they look good in person. Kinda 50/50. But I like the deconstructed look, there super simply and minimal.
I've tried on the GR pairs of decon 580's and wore them around for a bit. Not at all impressed, the 580 already has a diff feel with it being one of the few SL-2 last models around(wide boxy heel and deep toebox) but the deconstructed just felt tight in all the wrong places and loose everywhere else. The arch was prob the deal breaker though, it just felt completely wrong to me and I have very neutral feet and no issues with any other NB model. Its hard to describe exactly what I mean since you really have to try it on to get a feel for it and some people may even like it especially those with flat archs and wide feet. Be warned though that it does run small in the in-step(top midfoot) and heel area where the bootie is I normally wear a 12 in the 580 but the deconstructed felt like an 11.5 in the back and a 13 in the toe. 

wings+horn is nice though. 
O hell ya they look great even knowing that I hated the way the model felt I almost bought the black leather ones anyway lol. Personally I wish they would have picked the deconstructed 696 or made it part of the pack. Its a bit more aesthetic and fits better for my feet at least.  

O hell ya they look great even knowing that I hated the way the model felt I almost bought the black leather ones anyway lol. Personally I wish they would have picked the deconstructed 696 or made it part of the pack. Its a bit more aesthetic and fits better for my feet at least.  
True, i personally prefer the 998s. But it's good that this shoe has 0 hype, and is available like, everywhere. 

True, i personally prefer the 998s. But it's good that this shoe has 0 hype, and is available like, everywhere. 
Well ya me too in fact its my fav NB model and I have too many pairs but its not one of the deconstructed models and I can't see W&H doing a 998 collab. 

Does anyone know where the I can get these in a 9.5.

Not sure if mentioned already but if anyone wants the wings and horn 580s, they're cheaper on SNS (as far as EU pricing is concerned).

Pretty funny since I sent him a message and said he's not listening to low balls. :smh: Oh well maybe something pops up in the future.

Still regretfully kicking myself in the *** for selling my pair in NYC, I haven't seen another pair up for sale iin 3 years. I just wish concepts would re issue c notes and tannerys.

Back
Top Bottom