Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I stepped away from the 998 nb1 and made these instead last night. My first nb1, pretty excited. 
Dope! 
pimp.gif

Concept should have used these NB1 for the pack they dropped last week.

Had to take a break from the PURE COMEDY that is the True Blue AJ3 thread to post my latest pickup today. Those boys are b**ching up a storm about paying $220 for Nike Air while I grabbed these for $168 shipped from StockX. Color me happy!

I can only Imagine the sentiment in that thread. Time to get some popcorn out and read the last 10 pages. I haven't brought a pair of Jordan's since those cheap Nike Jordan OG 1 Lows starting coming out. TBH I dont ever think I'll buy another pair of Jordan's for the forseeable future. The last ones that were intriguing were the Satin 1's Bred's. 

NB is where it is at! 
pimp.gif

Had to take a break from the PURE COMEDY that is the True Blue AJ3 thread to post my latest pickup today. Those boys are b**ching up a storm about paying $220 for Nike Air while I grabbed these for $168 shipped from StockX. Color me happy!
Haha. You used your $25 coupon, eh? I actually grabbed the same shoe and size for $180 and used my StockX coupon on the Hanon Solstices 
laugh.gif
.  I think they were $250 shipped after coupon redemption.

Haha. You used your $25 coupon, eh? I actually grabbed the same shoe and size for $180 and used my StockX coupon on the Hanon Solstices :lol: .  I think they were $250 shipped after coupon redemption.
Haha, yes I did. I've sold a few times on StockX but this was my first time buying. That $25 off the $180 I offered for these was too nice, especially for a shoe that sold out at $220 on release day...

I can only Imagine the sentiment in that thread. Time to get some popcorn out and read the last 10 pages. I haven't brought a pair of Jordan's since those cheap Nike Jordan OG 1 Lows starting coming out. TBH I dont ever think I'll buy another pair of Jordan's for the forseeable future. The last ones that were intriguing were the Satin 1's Bred's. 

NB is where it is at! 
pimp.gif

That thread has reached epic status - I've never seen any thread that has been as deserving of the Michael Jackson popcorn gif than that one.  People trying to give lectures about supply and demand, principles of pricing, debates over the accuracy of human memory... I'm surprised there haven't been any posts about elasticity of supply and demand, Keynesian economics, and Modern Portfolio Theory! 
roll.gif

That thread has reached epic status - I've never seen any thread that has been as deserving of the Michael Jackson popcorn gif than that one.  People trying to give lectures about supply and demand, principles of pricing, debates over the accuracy of human memory... I'm surprised there haven't been any posts about elasticity of supply and demand, Keynesian economics, and Modern Portfolio Theory!  :rofl:  

This was my favorite excerpt from the TB3 thread last night.. :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
This was my favorite excerpt from the TB3 thread last night.. :lol: :smh:

I totally read that! That thread is absurd! It is so obvious to me why that shoes isn't doing well. I'm not going to detail that far, but I read like 5 pages and was going from laughing, to "What?!" and back to laughing. I feel like people still don't believe there are other companies outside of Jordan/Nike that make great looking shoes that are high quality and at a better price. Its like people don't get it........oh and Repped

Whats acceptable when it comes to quality control in NB's, specifically the NB1 shoes?

All of my custom NB1 998's have bubble/ wrinkles in the toe area. They drive me nuts!

I see others with 998's that dont have this issue. This particular pair is the least wrinkled pair I have.

Last edited:

Whats acceptable when it comes to quality control in NB's, specifically the NB1 shoes?

All of my custom NB1 998's have bubble/ wrinkles in the toe area. They drive me nuts!

I see others with 998's that dont have this issue. This particular pair is the least wrinkled pair I have.
 ​
You could try reshaping the toebox and see if that get rid of those bubbles..​
 ​

Last edited:

Thanks for the advice, although I'm not sure that would help and I dont want to make matters worse.

If NB would address this issue and have better QC standards this would be my all time favorite shoe.
 ​
No worries homie! 
nthat.gif
 ​
The 998's are without a doubt my 2nd favorite sneaker model after the Nike Air 180's & then Asics Gel Lyte III are in close third.​

Last edited:
I saw a pair at the mall on Sunday and the "leather" felt just as plastic as the older non-remastered 3's with the jumpman on back.  No way I'm spending $240 (after tax) on that!  Half that, maybe.

I was part of a customer feedback focus group at a local sneaker shop with Nike higher ups. It was cool seeing fall 2017 product that I will never buy.

They rewarded me with free sneakers of my choice and said no to Yeezys so I asked for the TB3s which they happily sent me.

The quality control is so laughable that I may just off them for retail in order to buy more NBs. Seriously, discovering made in USA and UK NBs has significantly altered my standards for what a sneaker ought to look like. I can't believe dudes are so willing to drop $200+ on fugazi quality shoes.

I was part of a customer feedback focus group at a local sneaker shop with Nike higher ups. It was cool seeing fall 2017 product that I will never buy.

They rewarded me with free sneakers of my choice and said no to Yeezys so I asked for the TB3s which they happily sent me.

The quality control is so laughable that I may just off them for retail in order to buy more NBs. Seriously, discovering made in USA and UK NBs has significantly altered my standards for what a sneaker ought to look like. I can't believe dudes are so willing to drop $200+ on fugazi quality shoes.
 ​
I would've ask the big wigs at Nike for some Nike Air 180's 
nerd.gif
 ​
 ​
 ​
unds today
Video review & more details: http://www.allaboutanthony.com/new-balance-997-explore-by-sea-sneaker-review/
Dope! 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
anyone with toebox wrinkles recently succeeded in getting new balance to take it back and remake it?

Back
Top Bottom