Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I'm still waiting on a new model. Enough with these 998 already. Gimme a 577, 997 or a 1500
yea 997 is the only other hot USA made shoe they have. 

but if they started making the 1500 in the USA, that would be epic.  but Im sure it wont happen.

maybe NBUSA could bring back another model.  999 maybe?

yea 997 is the only other hot USA made shoe they have. 

but if they started making the 1500 in the USA, that would be epic.  but Im sure it wont happen.

maybe NBUSA could bring back another model.  999 maybe?
They have the 1300, but looking at the most recent releases, the model is becoming more and more of an afterthought unfortunately. Still my favourite NB
On the chunkier side, I actually think the 585 has a lot of potential, the Ball and Buck are really cool.

Flimby has stepped up big time with the shape and cws in the 1500 and 577 lately, 576 also improving but not quite there yet. The US definitely has the capacity to do the same on their side.

ugh perf toes is back. its a love hate, i'll be in for 1 pair, maybe 2 depnding what I come up with. Wonder what the color pallette will be.

My 577YP order from Slam Jam for the absurd price of $82 just shipped! 
nthat.gif

I had a chance to get the Hilltop Blues 998 for retail at J Crew in ATL last Friday but I passed. I'm kinda regretting getting a pair for retail now.

Stopped by the factory store today. Ended up talking to a guy for 1 hour about toe box shapes, LOL. At first I thought I was meeting @CoolDaddio  in person but it's just another dude from Connecticut who also drives up to Boston regularly to buy discount heat. 

In case you guys were interested, here's the USA made stuff that they have FSRs of:

Also, if you're a 10, 11, or 11.5 (maybe other sizes) they've got the 1300 Horweens at a FANTASTIC price. None of these are factory seconds, FYI. All leftover stock from Flagship store down the street.

This was probably the best find of the day for me:

$100 bucks. Almost pulled the trigger but ultimately passed (and glad I did). Never was a fan of the 1700 model but these were really nice, especially with the Horween. If the toe box wasn't so monstrously bulbous I would've copped in an instant. Nonetheless, it was nice seeing these in person.

And finally, the most questionable find of the day:

Stopped by the factory store today. Ended up talking to a guy for 1 hour about toe box shapes, LOL. At first I thought I was meeting @CoolDaddio  in person but it's just another dude from Connecticut who also drives up to Boston regularly to buy discount heat. 

In case you guys were interested, here's the USA made stuff that they have FSRs of:

Also, if you're a 10, 11, or 11.5 (maybe other sizes) they've got the 1300 Horweens at a FANTASTIC price. None of these are factory seconds, FYI. All leftover stock from Flagship store down the street.

$100 bucks. Almost pulled the trigger but ultimately passed (and glad I did). Never was a fan of the 1700 model but these were really nice, especially with the Horween. If the toe box wasn't so monstrously bulbous I would've copped in an instant. Nonetheless, it was nice seeing these in person.

Nice finds! And that would be a long drive from Texas for me brotha haha

Does the perf toe option come with increased quality control? That's what I want to know. Order enough pairs of made in the USA  NB1 and you will see just how bad the quality control really is. 

I chose salty for my flavor today. 

Last edited:
Does anyone know how Saucony Grids fit (particularly the kushwacker) compared to New balance 998? If I wear a 6.5 in 998s should I get a 7 in this Saucony model?

Does anyone know how Saucony Grids fit (particularly the kushwacker) compared to New balance 998? If I wear a 6.5 in 998s should I get a 7 in this Saucony model?
I don't own the kushwackers but from what other people have said, they do fit snug compared to other Saucony models and many people went up a half size in them.  I think you would be safe going up a half size from your 998's and possibly even up a full size if your 998's fit snug.

I have Kushwhackers in an 11 and all of my NB 998 are 10.5. The kushwhackers did fit a little tight, so half sizing up is recommended. 

Got excited when I saw this tonight.

But you click on the link and it brings up these navy 420s :-(

Last edited:
Does the perf toe option come with increased quality control? That's what I want to know. Order enough pairs of made is USA  NB1 and you will see just how bad the quality control really is. 

I chose salty for my flavor today. 

Going to have to wait and see, I don't see NB releasing them again if they are still having QC issues

When I was gathering these images and saw this one as a future release I was pretty certain that it was just a sample mock up of a NB1 colorway which meant they would be re-releasing the Perf toe option for Q1-17 but didn't want to say anything because I know how crazy this place gets at the mention of "perf toe" lol glad to see that it is in fact happening though cause I love my pair I made. Here's to hoping we get a new midsole option although that is prob unlikely at this point from a production standpoint I imagine since the midsole/outsole is one of the 30% not made in USA. Honestly if they would throw this on the 574 as well and let us split the mesh color like they do for the 574 I would be more than happy even without new colors. 

When I was gathering these images and saw this one as a future release I was pretty certain that it was just a sample mock up of a NB1 colorway which meant they would be re-releasing the Perf toe option for Q1-17 but didn't want to say anything because I know how crazy this place gets at the mention of "perf toe" lol glad to see that it is in fact happening though cause I love my pair I made. Here's to hoping we get a new midsole option although that is prob unlikely at this point from a production standpoint I imagine since the midsole/outsole is one of the 30% not made in USA. Honestly if they would throw this on the 574 as well and let us split the mesh color like they do for the 574 I would be more than happy even without new colors. 

good call!!!

If they give the pts option in the 574 and the 998 i habe two pairs planned for both! Clearly one at a time as to see the qc on em

Stopped by the factory store today. Ended up talking to a guy for 1 hour about toe box shapes, LOL. At first I thought I was meeting @CoolDaddio
 in person but it's just another dude from Connecticut who also drives up to Boston regularly to buy discount heat. 

Im going Sat...limited proxy available. If I hooked you up previously you got top of list rights

Back
Top Bottom