Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Apologies if this has been asked. Never had a 990V2 before, how do these fit as compared to say 997 or 998? TTS 9.5 here in those. 

990v2 is narrow in the toe like a 997. 990v2 and 585 are USA NB's best current shapes, in my opinion

...got my "tyrian" purple pair yesterday and they''re nice in person. haven't taken any pics yet and it's lousy cloudy and dark today so dunno if i can get a nice pic today. good luck to everyone going for a pair, and if you're not into em, there will be more from cncpts later on, to look forward to.

Last edited:
Tassies at the office for today.

Damn......just damn. Them things so pretty lol. I remember seeing them on like sneakernews talking about they were about to come out, and they were awesome. I was into other stuff, so I kinda forgot about them and recently did a little research to find them and now I realize I'll never own a pair haha.

Will same size as 997 work?

I worried about them being too long if I go TTS
Sizing's kinda weird. I went my 998 size (half down TTS) and length-wise they fit perfect, but they are a little narrow in the toebox.

I have to wear thin socks if not they would pinch my toes.

If it were 0.25 sizes up it would've been better, or maybe go my 997 size (TTS) with thick socks.

Sizing's kinda weird. I went my 998 size (half down TTS) and length-wise they fit perfect, but they are a little narrow in the toebox.

I have to wear thin socks if not they would pinch my toes.

If it were 0.25 sizes up it would've been better, or maybe go my 997 size (TTS) with thick socks.
Ahh ok thanks for the info. I normally size down for 997 so I might just go with the same size.

Also are do cncpts have a leather liner? I haven't been able to tell in the pics.

must have been a large run of 998WD(horweens) hit the outlet. they are all over ebay atm. copped a pair for $105 shipped. been wanting them for awhile but never found the right price until now. anyone still looking for the may want to search ebay. 
I'll give props to those who put em up for open auction. The wannabe resellers are the lowest of the low.

Hmmmm [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Got to Concepts today at 9AM. Second in line. There ended up being about 7 of us and only 5 of us actually bought the shoe. We all got the standard special snail-patterned box it comes with plus the special wooden box. As a bonus they also gave us all free Concepts-branded Champion hoodies as well to match the shoe. Even got to meet the legend @southboston78.

I know dudes are on the fence about the shoe because of the model's dad-shoe status but in person the shoe is beautiful and they did a fantastic job with it. @newbalance365  was right on about the shape, too- super sleek and sharp! 

I know the hype has died down considerably on NB collabs but I'm totally okay with that. Dudes who plan on copping today- you will not be disappointed!

Last edited:

Got to Concepts today at 9AM. Second in line. There ended up being about 7 of us and only 5 of us actually bought the shoe. We all got the standard special snail-patterned box it comes with plus the special wooden box. As a bonus they also gave us all free Concepts-branded Champion hoodies as well to match the shoe. Even got to meet the legend @southboston78.

I know dudes are on the fence about the shoe because of the model's dad-shoe status but in person the shoe is beautiful and they did a fantastic job with it. @newbalance365  was right on about the shape, too- super sleek and sharp! 

I know the hype has died down considerably on NB collabs but I'm totally okay with that. Dudes who plan on copping today- you will not be disappointed!
No hype on a shoe is great news :smile: . I doubt these will be hard to get, so i'll be online for em.  unlike most, i'm a fan of the 990v2.  Just missing a couple of the CWs.

Would love to see pics of the wooden box whenever you have a chance.

Back
Top Bottom