Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

This is Aaron after seeing your post. :nthat:

6fc9499468402a41b1c21ac227a2d305.gif

At first I did it as a joke or to see if you could even make them.......now the longer I look at them the more and more I want them myself haha

Honestly there are zero hyped pairs that I'm keeping so it's pretty boring. But my criteria more than anything was the answer to the question "What do I wear the most and plan on wearing the most?"
it's not boring. i'd rather see a small collection that's functional and meaningful to you than a bunch of hyped crap that everyone thinks they're flexing with.

Speaking of geriatric shoes, here are mine for today. Got these for $18 off of Amazon because they were on sale and I also had a $100 gift card that I received for my birthday. Rocked these with some slim tapered light wash denim and a simple black tee. The 990v4 is the real deal. It's not for everyone but it's by far the most comfortable pair of NBs I own. These can be had for super cheap anywhere and everywhere (at least in this grey color way) so for anyone sitting on the fence, pull the trigger.

If you've never been on the fence and have thought they were ugly from the jump, seeing them in person will only confirm your suspicions, lol.
M990V4.jpg

Speaking of geriatric shoes, here are mine for today. Got these for $18 off of Amazon because they were on sale and I also had a $100 gift card that I received for my birthday. Rocked these with some slim tapered light wash denim and a simple black tee. The 990v4 is the real deal. It's not for everyone but it's by far the most comfortable pair of NBs I own. These can be had for super cheap anywhere and everywhere (at least in this grey color way) so for anyone sitting on the fence, pull the trigger.

If you've never been on the fence and have thought they were ugly from the jump, seeing them in person will only confirm your suspicions, lol.
M990V4.jpg
Moshe, in your opinion (asking others in the thread as well) Have you seen any other 990 colorways with significant discounts? I'm interested in the black pair but it never seems to be discounted on most boutique sites.

Last edited:
is it old timers day in here today or something?? No disrespect, but I don't know how u dudes rock these grandpa models

LOL. For me I think it was seeing Dave East rock the salmon joints. I think I easily dismissed all the newer versions of the 990 (v2, v3, certainly v4) until I saw him pull it off. Concepts' collab on the Tyrian also helped me to see the beauty of the 990v2. Then I tried on a pair of the v4 myself and found them to be ridiculously comfortable. For sure they are grandpa shoes. Even my wife looked at me puzzled and asked me why I was wearing grandpa shoes. But I love 'em.

LOL. For me I think it was seeing Dave East rock the salmon joints. I think I easily dismissed all the newer versions of the 990 (v2, v3, certainly v4) until I saw him pull it off. Concepts' collab on the Tyrian also helped me to see the beauty of the 990v2. Then I tried on a pair of the v4 myself and found them to be ridiculously comfortable. For sure they are grandpa shoes. Even my wife looked at me puzzled and asked me why I was wearing grandpa shoes. But I love 'em.
That's part of the appeal to me; Those grandpa vibes are heavy but it's the combination of the old man steez with my typical garb that makes them work (imo). If I was wearing some loose fitting jeans with a bowling shirt and beat up 993 I can see why someone would say that.

I was on the fence about the grey pair and then I was in the store the other day and I saw this older guy wearing them and I immediately thought to myself that maybe I shouldn't be wearing them LOL. I will say there is a maroon pair that has been floating around that is pretty nice and they don't look to senior citizen-ish

A quick eBay search has a seller selling DS pairs of the NC990 (various sizing) auction style ending in 3 days. Prices are low right now so I can see someone getting a pair off this seller for less than $65-70 shipped.

V4 are dope and clean as hell. hated chunky midsoles a couple of years ago, but NB1 has made me a fan of the fatter midsoles on the v3. 998 is pretty dead to me lately

Wearing the 574 Lindors today and I'm realizing these are prob the least comfortable casual shoes I've worn as far as cushioning. These are my first NB's. I have onitsuka tigers and they feel like they have more cushioning than these 574s. Next NB's I'll pick up will most likely be the fresh foams.

Back
Top Bottom