Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

The Death Valley jcrew look pretty good but why didnt they use a brown/tan color for the plastic eyelet and ankle piece? Why grey?

Both J. Crew pairs are solid! I'm planning a trip to Death Valley later this year so I may need to pick those up! :nerd:

I still highly doubt that 250 pair rumor for the 991.5. If that number were true, hypebeasts and re-sellers would have bought up all of the stock already just because they were ultra limited. Plus, there are people outside of this thread still into NB. There are multiple people saying they copped on their IG posts. There's still a number of good sizes left, so I don't think that numbers accurate. I do think they were more limited than their usual releases, but not 250.

The 250 production run isn't a rumor. Deon Point said it in an IG comment (hence why they did an online-only release). Employees at Concepts and NB have also both told me that the 250 number is accurate. I suppose they could be lying though I'm not sure why they would do that.

It isn't unprecedented either... Flimby did a highly limited run of the London Cab 1500 and 991s so the 250 number doesn't surprise me.

Also, no matter how limited these are (even with the Concepts collab tag slapped on it) these were destined to sit- NB resell has been dead for a while. The Kennedys were an exception for the few weeks that people were wondering whether the shoe would get a wide release or not. Now you can find pairs for under retail, lol.

The 250 production run isn't a rumor. Deon Point said it in an IG comment (hence why they did an online-only release). Employees at Concepts and NB have also both told me that the 250 number is accurate. I suppose they could be lying though I'm not sure why they would do that.

It isn't unprecedented either... Flimby did a highly limited run of the London Cab 1500 and 991s so the 250 number doesn't surprise me.

Also, no matter how limited these are (even with the Concepts collab tag slapped on it) these were destined to sit- NB resell has been dead for a while. The Kennedys were an exception for the few weeks that people were wondering whether the shoe would get a wide release or not. Now you can find pairs for under retail, lol.

The Kennedys were a typical hype stunt; pretend they’re a complexcon exclusive (the only reason we knew they weren’t was because you had found out that there was going to be a wider release) which drove resellers nuts. Their online release went well but they didn’t sell out instantly, they lasted a few hours which is like weeks in hypebeast time.

What I’m trying to say is that I agree with you Moshe lol but the Kennedy release was a fluke.

I checked the stock in my size like 10 minutes after they dropped and there were 5 pairs left. 30 minutes after they released, there were 3 pairs left in my size. If they made 20 pairs per size, then that would be around 240ish pairs total I believe. Seems reasonable.

NB1 998 Mesh "Pinot Noir" today with Public Space hoody.

2018-01-19_16.18.06.jpg

2018-01-19_17.30.58.jpg

The Death Valley jcrew look pretty good but why didnt they use a brown/tan color for the plastic eyelet and ankle piece? Why grey?

when i frst saw the post here i thought damn those are fire, but then i looked for 10 more seconds and thought exactly this... it's like a jcrew nb1 where they couldn't choose the color they wanted.

J Crews look like 997 butterscotch and 998BD with a twist.

depending on unfiltered pics, might have to settle for these since i'll never get a 998bd at this point

Sit or not - take it for what you will with CNCPTs antics.

upload_2018-1-20_11-28-23.png

Feeeeeeling that Jcrew collab. Still newish to NBs. Will those sit long enough for a discount? haha
Depends really. I was waiting for nighthawks to go on sale and they sold out eventually. The key to getting jcrew NB on sale is to use the random discount code they offer on all jcrew in-line items right when they issue it. Sometimes it works on NB, which are supposed to be excluded. They generally correct the exclusion a few hours after. They won’t sell out right away, though.

Cncpts and NB employees have lied about releases before. After all they are trying to remote their product. In fact concepts usually pretends like all their releases are super limited, has been a marketing technique they are known for.

I don't think it is unrealistic for them to have 250 pairs for the public and have them sit. Didn't really seem like people were into them. I saw some guy on IG who got a seeded pair criticizing about how they were bulky and had a short tongue.

when i frst saw the post here i thought damn those are fire, but then i looked for 10 more seconds and thought exactly this... it's like a jcrew nb1 where they couldn't choose the color they wanted.
Yeah man it's just kind of disappointing

Back
Top Bottom