Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

550s are tricky, half size down they will be snug, they are narrow in the toe area. Stay tts you'll be ok in the toe area but the you'll have heal slippage

This basically summarizes the 550.

There is a hack tho if you go the TTS with heel issue, just tie your laces to the very top and secure them to mitigate heel slippage.

Alamo 998 NB1s for work today

A1D2270A-D25E-4970-974E-CED4790F7650.jpeg

This basically summarizes the 550.

There is a hack tho if you go the TTS with heel issue, just tie your laces to the very top and secure them to mitigate heel slippage.

550 are TTS but the stiffness of the upper much like Air Forces doesn't bend. So if you are someone who walks toe first, it can cause heel slip when shoe is no locked down.

I want these but..idk something doesn’t feel right about rockin the dc flag since I’m from VA lol
I totally understand and honestly, I am not sure who would want to rock them if they are not from DC or have any significant ties to the city. It is like when I see some dope CW in a pair of Pumas and then I find out that the shoe is a nod to NYC. I cannot rock them, no matter how dope they look, because I am not from there and it is just weird for me to do so. These NBs are extremely specific to DC and I am glad that only the DC area and Baltimore stores will be getting them (since the online stock will go to resellers and their bots).

I totally understand and honestly, I am not sure who would want to rock them if they are not from DC or have any significant ties to the city. It is like when I see some dope CW in a pair of Pumas and then I find out that the shoe is a nod to NYC. I cannot rock them, no matter how dope they look, because I am not from there and it is just weird for me to do so. These NBs are extremely specific to DC and I am glad that only the DC area and Baltimore stores will be getting them (since the online stock will go to resellers and their bots).
It’s a great cool way, must cop

It’s a great cool way, must cop
I am assuming you mean colorway.....and there are other 992s that are grey or close to that CW that does not have the DC flag on the back of them for you to choose from, but folks will do what they want with their money. If you are a sneaker collector that is one thing, but is just super weird to me if you are not from the DC area to be walking around in a shoe with the DC flag on them.....that is just my opinion though.

I am from MoCo but was born and raised in this region and have experienced the best that each part of the DMV has to offer. This area doesn’t get too many pairs from other companies like Nike or Adidas, so right away I knew this was a pair I wanted. In addition they are selling these shoes in DTLR stores all across DC, PG, and MoCo. They were meant for everyone in the region. Even if these are specific to DC, I will wear them with pride as a resident of the DMV region. If I am lucky to cop in store.

I am from MoCo but was born and raised in this region and have experienced the best that each part of the DMV has to offer. This area doesn’t get too many pairs from other companies like Nike or Adidas, so right away I knew this was a pair I wanted. In addition they are selling these shoes in DTLR stores all across DC, PG, and MoCo. They were meant for everyone in the region. Even if these are specific to DC, I will wear them with pride as a resident of the DMV region. If I am lucky to cop in store.
I was having a convo with a friend who lived in DC but was mainly raised in PG County and I will tell you what I told him.....you are DC. I mean, yeah technically you are from Maryland, but you are from the DC region and this area is not foreign to you, so you are representing your area with these. This sneaker is more than just a dope CW, it is a cultural nod to this area.

As for copping them, definitely call around and see which stores are doing raffles and which are doing FCFS. I have the daunting task to try and cop 2 pairs (3 if my brother says he likes them), so we shall see how that works out. Since I will have to go to more than one store on Friday, if I am only able to cop 1 pair then it will be in my size. :emoji_smile:

I was having a convo with a friend who lived in DC but was mainly raised in PG County and I will tell you what I told him.....you are DC. I mean, yeah technically you are from Maryland, but you are from the DC region and this area is not foreign to you, so you are representing your area with these. This sneaker is more than just a dope CW, it is a cultural nod to this area.

As for copping them, definitely call around and see which stores are doing raffles and which are doing FCFS. I have the daunting task to try and cop 2 pairs (3 if my brother says he likes them), so we shall see how that works out. Since I will have to go to more than one store on Friday, if I am only able to cop 1 pair then it will be in my size. :emoji_smile:
Best of luck fam. If I’m fortunate enough to cop a pair for myself then I’m considering buying a pair for a friend if the store honors it. I’m thankful they are releasing primarily in stores within the DMV, so it isn’t hard to go store hopping. Best of luck copping on Friday!

You and me both and I am a lifelong Washingtonian. 🤦🏾‍♀️ I am just not into hot dogs and chili like that, so even though I used to go to school around the corner from the U street one, I never got anything from there. Back then for me was all about chicken wings and mambo sauce. LOL

it's overpriced and not as good now like a lot of historic dc places.

these dtlr 992s might be my first nb cop. would love to represent dc over here on the west coast.

Back
Top Bottom