Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

The yurts feel so good in hand - its sort of a heavy shoe. It's very chunky. I can't wait to wear mine.
yeah, the box was huge. like Yeezy 500 high big. Very dope in hand and on feet. IMO. looking at my collection to see what doesn't get much wear if any at all so i can sell it and grab the grey pair too. Tha'ts it though. I only like the grey and green. The others look cool but, aren't really my vibe.

Yurts came in last night. I know many don't like these but for those that do...these are dope. I heard alot about going a half size down.... I'm not so sure about that. I go a half size down in 990v3 and 992. I can go half size down in most other NBs but mostly go tts if not half size up to rock with thicker socks. As someone who's feet are somewhat on the wider side, tts works for me and I breally don't see where half sizing down would work for anyone unless they have a really narrow foot.

20211105_112222.jpg
20211105_112255.jpg

Yurts came in last night. I know many don't like these but for those that do...these are dope. I heard alot about going a half size down.... I'm not so sure about that. I go a half size down in 990v3 and 992. I can go half size down in most other NBs but mostly go tts if not half size up to rock with thicker socks. As someone who's feet are somewhat on the wider side, tts works for me and I breally don't see where half sizing down would work for anyone unless they have a really narrow foot.

20211105_112222.jpg
20211105_112255.jpg

I went TTS and they fit perfect. Chunky shoe like most have mentioned but super dope to me. Prefer this colorway over grey for this model.

TTS seems to be the best bet although i would personally advise to half size down, even though my feet are somewhat on the wider side. Materials are noticeably better but, mostly in hand or from close distances compared to non ALD 550's. My local footlocker had pairs of the regular 550 so I would check around and see if you can try them on before copping. Its a dope shoe that you can easily match up, a subtle flex if you're into that, and pretty comforable in my opinion. If air force 1's, superstars, stan smiths, and reebok classics are the category these fall in then i say these are the most comfortable for sure.

i appreciate the feedback but TTS is subjective, if someone only wears nikes then TTS is not the same for New Balance. in sneakers i wear a range of 11 -13 depending on the brand. im curious if these fit like most new balance, i wear an 11.5 in all my new balance except 12 in foams so going down half a size i dont think would work. if comparing to nike then i think half size down would work. i really doubt these are an 11 for me. i did see these have ortholite insert which i know are comfy insoles.

i appreciate the feedback but TTS is subjective, if someone only wears nikes then TTS is not the same for New Balance. in sneakers i wear a range of 11 -13 depending on the brand. im curious if these fit like most new balance, i wear an 11.5 in all my new balance except 12 in foams so going down half a size i dont think would work. if comparing to nike then i think half size down would work. i really doubt these are an 11 for me. i did see these have ortholite insert which i know are comfy insoles.
Very true. Sizing is inherently subjective for sure. But when I say TTS for this particular model im saying it's the safest bet based on everything I've seen and heard. I'm the type to look at up to 10 videos or more and scowl NikeTalk and reddit for sizing advice and chopping it up with dudes at my local stores. With most cops being resell with no return or refund these days, a guy can't risk getting the size wrong. The general consensus for the 550s have been TTS. But it could definitely not be the case for you. If a local soot has them check them out. I was at the mall earlier and saw them at at least one store.

These are fire. one of the best GR sneakers released this year IMO. the colors, materials and that gradient sole....chef's kiss. But, just another reminder of something I want but can't have. 992s look great on everyone's feet but, my own. I've tried half size up, half size down, and tts and they look weird on foot to me every time. Maybe not weird but, def not as dope as everyone else's on foot pics look.

Very true. Sizing is inherently subjective for sure. But when I say TTS for this particular model im saying it's the safest bet based on everything I've seen and heard. I'm the type to look at up to 10 videos or more and scowl NikeTalk and reddit for sizing advice and chopping it up with dudes at my local stores. With most cops being resell with no return or refund these days, a guy can't risk getting the size wrong. The general consensus for the 550s have been TTS. But it could definitely not be the case for you. If a local soot has them check them out. I was at the mall earlier and saw them at at least one store.

ive got a feeling the 11.5 will workout for me like most of my New Balance. I appreciate the input

Back
Top Bottom