Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

In 2021 there's a ton of other ways to establish credit outside of a credit card.
This is true but when an important purchase comes up it'll probably be at a higher APR from the lack of established credit.

For you younger guys yea establishing credit is good. However I have had just a debit card for past 20yrs and have a credit score of 800. I'm 42 btw
Did only have a debit card have you paying higher interest rates when you did take out loans?

If my man's is debt free save for car and castle and this works for him, I see no reason to advise otherwise lol. But, going that route you gotta recognize and accept that you're putting yourself out there with scenarios like this 🤷🏿‍♂️
Yea not worried about having $200 on hold for a week. If someone is they probably should use a card if they have one.
This is true but when an important purchase comes up it'll probably be at a higher APR from the lack of established credit.

Did only have a debit card have you paying higher interest rates when you did take out loans?
I have a Credit score of 800 and get low rates. I'm on my second Home (forever home) and nothing helps your credit like paying off a home and never missing payments.

ALD remind me of this

Attachments

• 412DC54E-2A15-423A-AF8E-5EFE434157C4.jpeg
    412DC54E-2A15-423A-AF8E-5EFE434157C4.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 223
I have a Credit score of 800 and get low rates. I'm on my second Home (forever home) and nothing helps your credit like paying off a home and never missing payments.
These is facts but wouldn't you have to have a loan already in order to never miss a payment?
I've had established credit for years but have friends who never had a CC and when applying for one or even a car loans they don't get as good of rates is all.

We're getting into the weeds & all that matters is dude has the money with no debt so all gravy.

These is facts but wouldn't you have to have a loan already in order to never miss a payment?
I've had established credit for years but have friends who never had a CC and when applying for one or even a car loans they don't get as good of rates is all.

We're getting into the weeds & all that matters is dude has the money with no debt so all gravy.
Yea my first home which i had a terrible rate on due to my CC problems in my early 20s. Never missed or was late with a payment for 13 yrs. When time came for current home Credit was in great shape. To sum this whole Credit, CC, and Debit conversation up, dont fall into the credit trap by being irresponsible.

I pre-ordered the 650 but, had to sign up for the notification for the ALD 993. Assuming that means I didn't get EA for the early tiered raffle. Did anyone else have the same experience who pre-ordered 650s but didn't get an EA email for the ALD 993?

I pre-ordered the 650 but, had to sign up for the notification for the ALD 993. Assuming that means I didn't get EA for the early tiered raffle. Did anyone else have the same experience who pre-ordered 650s but didn't get an EA email for the ALD 993?
Search ald, they can sometime come through your spam/trash/promotion folder and not your main inbox. Mine came around 11am

I was thinking that as well. Is all this credit score talk supposed to impress folks in the NB thread? What does someone's credit score have to do with the sneakers?
Very insecured people me thinks.

Leave credit talk to the bank or hedge fund managers.
Y’all should go back a couple of pages to see how the topic came up, evolved, and ended.

Payment status and holds aside, you'd think ALD could still figure out a better system. The fact that their raffles are regular shopify transactions that make it look like you actually purchased a product is very misleading. I've entered what, five ALD x NB raffles? And I'm still not sure what I did every time :lol: the 1300 "preorder" especially.

Search ald, they can sometime come through your spam/trash/promotion folder and not your main inbox. Mine came around 11am
I definitely did that. Only thing I can think is that maybe I messed up by signing up for the email notification🤷🏿‍♂️. When I submitted my entry I didn't log in. When I did log in the entry was in my order history. Hopefully, maybe that means something. Either way, while I want them, I'm not too pressed about it. I just have a feeling though that the tan will hit different (and hit harder than the beef n broccoli) in hand/on foot.

I was thinking that as well. Is all this credit score talk supposed to impress folks in the NB thread? What does someone's credit score have to do with the sneakers?
It was provoked lol. One guy didn't like the raffle entry pre authorization, another guy said get over it, then everyone else (me included) jumped in and started doing their best Dave Ramsey/Suze Orman impersonation and the thread turned into creditworthiness flexing session.......I think we were a few posts sway from people posting screen shots of FICO scores and bragging about how many girls they get because they got an 800+ 🤣. Hopefully, it's all over now. Last week it was bigotry and racism. This week it's classism. I wonder what's next?😂🤣😂

LOL just saw this post. Look at you feening for the collabs. You're falling for a gimmicky/limited product that is completely unnecessary and wouldn’t sell without a big name behind it. You're going full hipster. You really are more of of a dumb/hypebeast consumer then you originally came across! Bet you're patiently waiting on a supreme collab with Nb!
Don't do this. Do. Not. Do. This. Runners gave a neutral, helpful, some would even say positive reply. Let peace abide my G. Let it abide.

Payment status and holds aside, you'd think ALD could still figure out a better system. The fact that their raffles are regular shopify transactions that make it look like you actually purchased a product is very misleading. I've entered what, five ALD x NB raffles? And I'm still not sure what I did every time :lol: the 1300 "preorder" especially.
No systemis perfect. Between ALD and Social Status/AMM they gave the best release processes. And I say that as someone who has hit struck out. Not perfect but it's far from sneakers and way better than the NB site.

LOL just saw this post. Look at you feening for the collabs. You're falling for a gimmicky/limited product that is completely unnecessary and wouldn’t sell without a big name behind it. You're going full hipster. You really are more of of a dumb/hypebeast consumer then you originally came across! Bet you're patiently waiting on a supreme collab with Nb!

the joke is that i just copied and pasted the out of pocket crap runners says to us in the thread when we talk about collabs. after the second sentence is his own words
Don’t be mad, reselling them. They even sent me 2 pairs by accident once!

Back
Top Bottom