Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Stray Rats x New Balance MT580
Release Date: October 2022
Stray Rats New Balance MT580 Release Date

Stray Rats New Balance MT580 Release Date

This reminds me of the early 2000s in a good way. Makes me think of all the stussy and mad hectic collabs from back then. Which is funny cuz I remember Julian from stray rats being all up in this stuff On the hypebeast forums.

Last edited:
Just a thought: I know some of the Teddy 990s have been criticised for looking like GRs, (red v3 for example) but isn’t what they technically are, and it’s just the community that hyped the releases as if they’re collabs?

He got hired by NB as MiUSA creative director or whatever so technically he’s internal to the company. On the NB Australia site at least they don’t even mention Teddy’s name in the product name or description.

Given his title, I assume he’ll have input in all non-retro MiUSA GR releases. Maybe the hype will start to simmer some more after the first round of 16.

Just a thought: I know some of the Teddy 990s have been criticised for looking like GRs, (red v3 for example) but isn’t what they technically are, and it’s just the community that hyped the releases as if they’re collabs?

He got hired by NB as MiUSA creative director or whatever so technically he’s internal to the company. On the NB Australia site at least they don’t even mention Teddy’s name in the product name or description.

Given his title, I assume he’ll have input in all non-retro MiUSA GR releases. Maybe the hype will start to simmer some more after the first round of 16.

Yes and Hiring Teddy was done as a marketing tactic to drive up hype.

The term GR seems to be misunderstood just as much as TTS.

I don't know how NB classifies their release, unlike Nike which has Hyperstrike, Quickstrike, NRG etc releases. There are different levels of GR, they don't have to be a collab or amount of pairs made. Teddy 16 collection is only available from Tier 0 retailers which in my book makes it more than your standard GR.

Last edited:
I don't know about you but I noticed that the sizes of New Balances shoes made in UK were adjusted more recently... concerning their latest models anyway... anyone else has this feeling?

The term GR seems to be misunderstood just as much as TTS.

I don't know how NB classifies their release, unlike Nike which has Hyperstrike, Quickstrike, NRG etc releases. There are different levels of GR, they don't have to be a collab or amount of pairs made. Teddy 16 collection is only available from Tier 0 retailers which in my book makes it more than your standard GR.
I know what you mean, obviously the Teddy pairs are more limited than a core lineup GR like a standard grey 990v5.

Here here in Australia at least, the TS pairs been sold at exactly the same retailers as something like the M990CP2. There’s still the question of whether they’re more limited or not. I guess someone from NB or a retailer could answer that.

These maroon joints sitting v2s and v3s. V2s is nice but I got a backlog of other kicks lol. Jordan brand need to take a breather

for me the burgundy 730 fit half a size smaller. i'll be selling my sz 11.5 as my sz 12 comes in from europe. the 40th anniversary 730 is damn nice on feet.
I recently received the 40th anni pair, super nice indeed but they definitely fit small -> take a half size up from your regular MiUSA size.

well shoot, i took sizing advice for the bodega 574s and the advice was wrong. in general when folks say true to size how do you all interpret it? i normally wear new balance and wear an 11.5. if i wear nike or adidas i go with a 12. is TTS based off of the brand you wear most?
I went tts (9.5) and they fit great but I go tts for all my shoes irregardless of brand. I only size up if I feel shoe is too snug on my feet.

I went tts (9.5) and they fit great but I go tts for all my shoes irregardless of brand. I only size up if I feel shoe is too snug on my feet.
But I think people are also wondering is how are people determining their TTS? Brannock device? Size charts online? Just how they feel upon trying on?

But I think people are also wondering is how are people determining their TTS? Brannock device? Size charts online? Just how they feel upon trying on?
this is exactly what ive been struggling with for years with advice from folks. i think ive come to the realization that folks will say TTS based off of their most worn brand, so pretty much not helpful info unless they specifically say TTS (nike) or something like that. someone else pointed that out as well. my new balance TTS (MiUSA) is 11.5 and my nike TTS is 12. try getting boot size advice for Aldens or Vibergs if you have no experience with those brands, it was a nightmare at first for me but those are dialed in for me now.

Back
Top Bottom