Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Seen a dude rocking them in person yesterday. Joints is clean af
Just left DTLR and saw them in person.....took alot for me to pass on them. Very clean. Having the Baklava I'm passing on the Lapis becauseni think I want the black v6 more 🤷🏿‍♂️. Just don't want to jump the gun and miss copping on discount.

ALD pair to join a fav :pimp:

52812565412_6a59175029_c.jpg

Why you no like Ron Ron?
I don't like the word "kith" as a brand or company name. I think it just sounds wack. I don't like how he or media outlets have sold his background as "humble beginnings" (to quote high snobiety). I think kith's clothing is wack, dating back to those sweatshirt cuff mercer pants. I dislike the filters that he and his company have used to distort the actual appearance of their products - I've been duped before when purchasing. I didn't like when I asked for a pair of shoes at kith and was told they were sold out, only to see a couple guys in suits go to the register, ask for the same shoes, and got them handed to em in a bag (first drop of acronym prestos). I didn't like how he turned the 2016 linen af1 retro into his own exclusive drop. I think he's narcissistic and despite our shared passion for sneakers and design, he's just a nepo kid who used his privileged upbringing to sell a romanticized, inauthentic version of NYC to the world.

edit: lol the more I think of it, the more I think of things that suck about him and kith. Kithstrikes (taking GRs/retros and making them intentionally exclusive), rope laces, the slogan "just us"...to be continued

Last edited:
I don't like the word "kith" as a brand or company name. I think it just sounds wack. I don't like how he or media outlets have sold his background as "humble beginnings" (to quote high snobiety). I think kith's clothing is wack, dating back to those sweatshirt cuff mercer pants. I dislike the filters that he and his company have used to distort the actual appearance of their products - I've been duped before when purchasing. I didn't like when I asked for a pair of shoes at kith and was told they were sold out, only to see a couple guys in suits go to the register, ask for the same shoes, and got them handed to em in a bag (first drop of acronym prestos). I didn't like how he turned the 2016 linen af1 retro into his own exclusive drop. I think he's narcissistic and despite our shared passion for sneakers and design, he's just a nepo kid who used his privileged upbringing to sell a romanticized, inauthentic version of NYC to the world.

edit: lol the more I think of it, the more I think of things that suck about him and kith. Kithstrikes (taking GRs/retros and making them intentionally exclusive), rope laces, the slogan "just us"...to be continued

Well damn! :lol: I can see why you dislike him. Thanks for the reply.

Finally got shipping email for the baklava's and now fedex is showing they're delayed due to weather for the past 2 days.

Getting this pair is like a month long break up. I want them and then I don't if they're gonna be this much of a problem. but deep down i hope they arrive this week.

So you're saying, Ronnie came up in an affluent Jewish background. He used those connections & David Z to break his foot in the door? So you're saying Aaron is the sneaker version of Drake, basically. :lol: I still respect Aaron's color-blocking (colorist). "City Never Sleep" is a masterpiece imo. I can see though why vinnuendo vinnuendo ain't rocking with Kith. You could tell once he got that collab with LeBron (Fieg's farts smell like perfume) as Stephen A. Smith would say..

2984867-3bc2bdc0e3edf2f0109ffc82b373fc19.png

Last edited:
I'm sure ronnie and I could have a great time talkin sneakers and New York over some overpriced kith treats. I like a lot of his shoes and have copped a few of em over the years. And I definitely dislike kith as a whole more than fieg as a person since I don't know him personally, but since the brand is an extension of himself, I'm forced to dislike him too :lol:

Also, I tried making the Frank Lloyd Wright joints a bit more normal (edit on the left). FLW was quite the narcissist himself but I like his creations a lot more. Been to the Guggenheim a few times, visited Fallingwater, and have gotten to see a house he designed in Staten Island (from the outside - it's a private residence).

1681350979078.png

I wish there was a New Balance 998's workshop like Shoe Surgeon School does for Jordan 1's. I would love to handcraft my own pair and learn how to make them. Mane.... I would buy the equipment and start making my own custom handcrafted 998's on some VijzBespokes AM1 ish' :pimp:

Does anybody have the two 998s beside each other without the filters? Is the toe guard the only difference between the two; one being orange and one being red?

IMG_6674.gif

Just messing, fair play for having genuine reasons for not liking a brand

I'm sure ronnie and I could have a great time talkin sneakers and New York over some overpriced kith treats. I like a lot of his shoes and have copped a few of em over the years. And I definitely dislike kith as a whole more than fieg as a person since I don't know him personally, but since the brand is an extension of himself, I'm forced to dislike him too :lol:

Also, I tried making the Frank Lloyd Wright joints a bit more normal (edit on the left). FLW was quite the narcissist himself but I like his creations a lot more. Been to the Guggenheim a few times, visited Fallingwater, and have gotten to see a house he designed in Staten Island (from the outside - it's a private residence).

1681350979078.png
The warm temp in the photo really enhances the shoes.

Back
Top Bottom