***OFFICIAL NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS SEASON THREAD*** (13-4) - Patriots @ Broncos - Sun 3:05PM EST - Bra

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 8m8 minutes ago
When the Colts motioned for the fake punt, Belichick walked up behind the line of scrimmage, hands on hips, and just watched. Emotionless.

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 8m8 minutes ago
On the field, Slater began shouting orders, and Ebner and Bolden relayed calls from there. Ryan was also very composed.

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 7m7 minutes ago
Even though the Patriots had never seen that play before, they said they followed certain keys by their numbers system, who has who, etc.

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 6m6 minutes ago
So in a moment of mass hysteria, with almost no prior scouting to lean on, the Patriots knew exactly how to handle the bizarre fake punt.

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 3m3 minutes ago
I think, in totality, this shows being well-coached extends so far beyond X's and O's. Pats handled a chaotic situation to perfection.

so much :pimp: versus how the colts handled that situation :lol:

Last edited:
New England Patriots ‏@Patriots 3m3 minutes ago
Look who's back! First practice of the season for Brandon LaFell.

CR22D5-WEAALkKn.jpg

:pimp:

Stork also back at practice. and.....

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 18m18 minutes ago
Matt Slater was even running light routes during positional drills. I'm shocked. They feared the worst Sunday night.

thank god

we worked out cortland finnegan today...thoughts? :lol:

one of those guys you love to hate on the opposing team, but if playing for your team love him (if he sticks to playing football)

if he can get his mind right (which i believe BB could do) then i would love to see some physical play from the corners, think he would bring back that browner style of play

Any word on Hightower? Last I read was that he just limited in practice today.

I'm interested to see how the Jets handle the Patriots' offense this coming Sunday. The Cowboys and Colts did a decent job of containing Gronk for at least the first half of those games. If the Jets get blitz heavy, that tends to favor this offense's style of play. The Colts tried dropping their pass rushers into coverage to cover the quick in routes, but that didn't work the entire game as guys like Dola got open on the outside.

I'm also interested to see the match ups; I'm guessing Cro on Gronk.

yeah Cro's size make sense to play him on Gronk. Revis on Jules.

going to need Amendola and Lewis to EAT this game. if LaFell is back, all the better. if that dude Skrine is out for the Jets, that'll help. if he plays, going to be tough sledding.

going to need Amendola and Lewis to EAT this game. if LaFell is back, all the better. if that dude Skrine is out for the Jets, that'll help. if he plays, going to be tough sledding.

With Skrine in, those two will starve :wink: .

But really, I'm hoping because our pass rush was non existent against the Skins that we don't go too heavy on the blitz against NE. It'll lose us the game.

But really, I'm hoping because our pass rush was non existent against the Skins that we don't go too heavy on the blitz against NE. It'll lose us the game.

You have to bring the pressure to Thomas, or else he'll have all day to check down and run the ball. Jets secondary really needs to step up on Sunday. Chris Ivory is the x-factor, obviously. It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out.

What i'm most interested in is how Bowles will handle the adjustments. Which was one of the things Rex Ryan did poorly.

Chromartie can guard Gronkowski??

i'm more concerned about the jets pass rush rather than their secondary. if Brady has time, someone is going to get open. Revis is world class for sure...but the others guys will get open as long as Brady isn't getting planted within 3 seconds

Cro is going to try and get Gronk's face and jam him. that's what everyone tries to do

Last edited:
Yea this should be a huge test for the OLine after Solder went down. In good news...

@cpriceNFL: Pats are activating Brandon LaFell, per @RapSheet.

Offense should be even more dynamic with a deep threat :pimp:

2 RBs active for today...guess we're going to spread it out and chuck it today :lol:

gotta have this one today. can't drop division games at home

at least Hightower is back :lol:

Last edited:
Slater and Hightower active. Trey Flowers making his NFL debut today.

i hope Josh has something cooked up to get rid of the ball FAST...OL is going to be leaking like the Titanic :lol:

Back
Top Bottom