***OFFICIAL NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS SEASON THREAD*** (13-4) - Patriots @ Broncos - Sun 3:05PM EST - Bra

I've been going back and forth on this game and it's driving me crazy.

-KC's defense is legit and can get pressure on Brady.
-Or was KC's defense a product of their schedule?
-And can KC score enough points?
-Are we under estimating NE's defense?
-Or are we under estimating KC's offense? :nerd:
-Will NE's offense be what they were during the 2015 10-0 season or are they the 2-4 team we've seen?
-Was BB holding back during the 2-4 run due to injuries and will we see the offense open up more?
-Will NE's offensive line protect Brady?
-Or will NE's quick passing game be there to hide the offensive line's deficiencies?
-Jules byke :pimp:
-But is Jules really byke? :frown:
-Is Gronk going to be Gronk or is he still bothered by that knee?

Last edited:
I've been going back and forth on this game and it's driving me crazy.

-KC's defense is legit and can get pressure on Brady.
-Or was KC's defense a product of their schedule?
-And can KC score enough points?
-Are we under estimating NE's defense?
-Or are we under estimating KC's offense? :nerd:
-Will NE's offense be what they were during the 2015 10-0 season or are they the 2-4 team we've seen?
-Was BB holding back during the 2-4 run due to injuries and will we see the offense open up more?
-Will NE's offensive line protect Brady?
-Or will NE's quick passing game be there to hide the offensive line's deficiencies?
-Jules byke :pimp:
-But is Jules really byke? :frown:
-Is Gronk going to be Gronk or is he still bothered by that knee?

all good questions or thoughts, my man.

KC's defense gets TONS of pressure WITHOUT blitzing. that's scary. if the offensive line has their heads up their *** and if Jules struggles with that foot, we're in trouble. going to be tough sledding. Gronk i fully believe will be fine. I think we were holding him back in those last two games against the Jets and Phins. He has a tough matchup but he SHOULD be able to get open. But please please please stop the sideline lobs/fades to Gronk. Only in the endzone :lol:

Our defense pretty much needs to load up against the run and focus on keeping Alex from taking off. I think they can cover Kelce well enough with a combo of guys. He'll get his catches and targets, but let's just tackle his *** ASAP. Can't let him channel his inner baby Gronk on us.

any word on Maclin? :nerd:

Last edited:
KC getting pressure without blitzing is what alarmed me the most, since they drop 7 into coverage and they're very talented at all 3 levels. I'm guessing they'll try to take Gronk out and make the WRs and RBs beat them.

I read that Maclin was going to play somewhere on Reddit, but idk how accurate that was. I feel like he's going to be out there at the very least as a decoy just to have him occupy a defender.

Last edited:
Maclin's def playing. He missed the last 2 days of practice but they're saying he isn't limping, doesn't have a brace or even have tape on his ankle so he'll be out there.

yeah i was going to say, why is there no news on maclin?!? tons of news on AB and Ben. nothing of Mac tho

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 7m7 minutes ago
Gronk (knee) is absent from practice for the second time in three days. Tre' Jackson, Jonathan Freeny also absent today.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

better just be precautionary rest

Gronk missing practice and in the hospital getting injections :frown:

Jones gone off that synthetic weed.

BB with a black eye.

Maclin practicing.

The sky is falling.

GG Chiefs :smh:

Yikes @ Gronk missing practics for that.

Even if they win on Saturday...can they really stretch out their current situation all the way to winning a Superbowl? From the way it looks right now, the odds ain't looking too good folks.

I'm the last one to give up on any teams though. Never that.

I still feel like they have a good shot to at least make the big game if the doomsday type **** stops. But it's a familiar story we've seen before from '08 to '13.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm definitely not giving up on the team, but these injuries have been ridiculous :smh:

To echo what you said, Gronk shouldn't even have been playing those last games. I'm hoping that it's just maintenance and management, but I feel like Gronk's knee is a legitimate issue.

Didn't know Gronk's knee was this much of an issue 
mean.gif
 . next 48 hours are gonna be stressful leading up the game

I think we have a good shot of beating the Chiefs despite the issues on the front, if the line can hold up and our pass rush can get to Smith, we should be fine

For my own sanity I'm gonna assume Gronk just got some cortisone shots or something. 

Andy Reid is saying Maclin and Houston will be "game time decisions", I think they both play

Smokescreen? :nerd:

Only way to explain Gronk being put on the injury report and guys like Jules who have missed a bunch of games are back to normal right? :lol:

Last edited:
it's a little puzzling. there WAS one play from the last game where Gronk got tackled and it looked like he staying on the turf longer than normal. just lying on his back. but he did get up and appear normal. and he ended up playing all but 5 offensive snaps if i remember what i read earlier correctly. so who knows. definitely has me a little anxious though :lol:

Could be Jedi Mind Tricks. But I would have assumed BB would want Gronk practicing and not at the hospital. It's been a weird week leading up to this game.

i was really hoping that bye week would be helpful for the team in terms of health. im just glad to be watching playoffs football again.

Antonio Brown is out against the Broncos. So if we can just get past the Chiefs, it looks like we'll get a rematch in Denver, and potentially a final matchup between Brady and Manning.

Anyone throwing out any predictions or is it too close to call :nerd:

Despite everything, I'm thinking Pats pull out a win in a close game 23-21.

Back
Top Bottom