OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Originally Posted by jimmy digital

Notice how it spells Bulls hit. Take away that space between bulls and hit and that's how I sum up the lottery.

And I know Ginobili isn't European, but people like to think that all International players are soft. I really just wanted to use him as an example. Either way, I want a winner, whether he's from North Carolina or Kahsakstan.

I just noticed if you do that and read the whole sentence, it makes a lot of sense
laugh.gif

I really think Augustin would fit very well in D'Antoni's offense. He can push the tempo if need be and he also has the ability to break down thedefense and get to the basket at will. His height may become a problem on the defensive end, though. It all depends on what our options are. I'd be willingto trade the pick for cap relief, honestly. But I am really high on Augustin. I think he's going to be a very good facilitator when he has the right piecesplaced around him.

And I don't see how he's such a reach at 6. He was one of the top 2 PGs all year last year. He lead the Longhorns to the elite 8.

I don't know, though. We'll see what Donnie and D'Antoni decide to do. I'm just so disappointed that we ended up even lower than we weresupposed to...and the Bulls got the number 1 pick with 17/2000 ping pong balls. Only in Knickland.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I really think Augustin would fit very well in D'Antoni's offense. He can push the tempo if need be and he also has the ability to break down the defense and get to the basket at will. His height may become a problem on the defensive end, though. It all depends on what our options are. I'd be willing to trade the pick for cap relief, honestly. But I am really high on Augustin. I think he's going to be a very good facilitator when he has the right pieces placed around him.

And I don't see how he's such a reach at 6. He was one of the top 2 PGs all year last year. He lead the Longhorns to the elite 8.

I don't know, though. We'll see what Donnie and D'Antoni decide to do. I'm just so disappointed that we ended up even lower than we were supposed to...and the Bulls got the number 1 pick with 17/2000 ping pong balls. Only in Knickland.

Only reason I say he's a reach...Is that, I wouldn't really wouldn't wanna take an undersized PG at the #6 spot. Would you have picked someonelike Jameer Nelson at the spot? Now, the issue is, if you really that he's perfect for what you wanna do, then %*@! a reach, go get your player. So, is hereally the person you want to be a cog on your new/future Knick team? If they don't find a trade partner, then things will be very interesting causey'all can go multiple directions. The 6th spot is like the worst pick y'all could have. Y'all would have had anywhere between 1-5, y'all wouldhave been good money. But at that 6th spot, y'all are REALLY depending on what moves the other teams in front of you make. Hell, y'all could still endup w/ OJ/Bayless. And after the Chicago pre-draft camp and the workouts, who really knows what's gonna happen to these players. Someone is gonna shootWAAAY up the board, happens every year...

Like I said before, All is not lost.....Just hope that Walsh/_'antoni makes a wise decision...

I think Chicago is gonna take Beasley. What more would Pooh bring to the Bulls that Captain Kirk doesn't? I know the obvious things like his quickness,playmaking ability, and strength, but with the same pieces around him, would that even matter? Beasley's the type of player, in my opinion, where itdoesn't matter who's around him. He's gonna kill no matter what. I don't even care who they pick.

No Carmelo in NYK. Don't want him. Won't work. If you have all these media issues in Denver, Colorado, how nut do you think he'll go in New YorkCity? Be real guys.

He would bring ALL OF THE ABOVE plus something Kurt definitely lacked at key times... HEART! He doesn't get rattled easily and you can't really readhis body language so you have to play him honest. It was a lot of times this season where Kurt didn't even look like he wanted to be on the floor andopponents saw that and took advantage of him. Pooh's from the crib we don't breed soft hoopers. Additionally I highly doubt that when we draft himwe'll bring him into the same situation that we were in last yr.

If they don't draft him I'ma be soooooooooooooooooooo tight, but the fact that I know for a fact he won't be going to NYC will soothe it somewhat

Originally Posted by faithlesshox

http://nycknicks105.u.yuku.com
nycknicks10
^^Argentina is so European influenced its not even funny. They have "tea time" there too.
laugh.gif
Kinda ignorant, cause a lot of countries have McDonalds, they are so US influenced its not funny?
Besids Tea isn't originally from Europe, but from China.
and on top of that even within Europe, Tea is really just a British fetish.

Besids Europe is a singular definition of the geographical entity.
Culture wize (which is to what you are refering) There is a bigger difference between Finland and Greece then there is between the US and Central america.

actually it's not ignorant at all. not too eloquently stated perhaps, but i'm argentinian and he's basically correct. the british have had ahuge influence on the culture of argentina. the difference between south american nations and central american nations is just as great as the difference younoted between certain european nations. most south american countries have "tea time" and that has everything to do with british merchants and navalofficers who established themselves throughout the country over the last two hundred years or so. who do you think brought football over to south america?rugby? polo?

aside from that, argentina (as well as southern brasil, uruguay and parts of neighboring countries have descendents of mostly direct european descent).

a funny thing said about argentinians is that they're spanish-speaking italians who live like the french and wished they were british.

anyway, we ball heavy whether it's football or basketball.

[font=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana][size=+2]New York Knicks Salaries [/size][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Key: Player Option /Team Option / Qualifying Offer / 80%Scale Offer[/font]

[table][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Player[/font][/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2007/08[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2008/09[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2009/10[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2010/11[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2011/12[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Stephon Marbury[/font][/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$20,109,375[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$21,937,500[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$0[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Zach Randolph[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$13,333,333[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$14,666,666[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$16,000,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$17,333,333[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Eddy Curry[/font][/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$8,947,543[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$9,723,983[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$10,500,423[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$11,276,863[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Quentin Richardson[/font][/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$8,105,500[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$8,825,750[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$9,352,500[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jamal Crawford[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$7,920,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$8,640,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$9,360,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$10,080,000[/font][/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Malik Rose[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$7,101,250[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$7,647,500[/font][/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jerome James[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$5,800,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$6,200,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$6,600,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jared Jeffries[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$5,632,200[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$6,049,400[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$6,466,600[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$6,883,400[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fred Jones[/font][/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$3,300,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dan Dickau[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,300,000[/font][/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nate Robinson[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$1,268,160[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,020,178[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,911,077[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Renaldo Balkman[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$1,234,800[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$1,320,960[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,036,920[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,918,906[/font][/font][/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wilson Chandler[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$1,091,640[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$1,173,480[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$1,255,440[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,130,481[/font][/font][/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$3,099,850[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]David Lee[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$990,600[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$1,788,033[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,682,049[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mardy Collins[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$932,760[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$997,800[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$1,801,029[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,701,543[/font][/font][/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Randolph Morris[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$810,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TOTALS:[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$88,877,161[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$90,991,250[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$58,279,523[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$28,240,263[/font][/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Pre-workout Mock Drafts

NBADraft.net: DeAndre Jordan
HoopsHype: OJ Mayo
Draft Express: OJ Mayo
MyNBADraft: Eric Gordon
InsideHoops: Danilo Gallinari
NBC Sports: OJ Mayo
ESPN Chad Ford: Danilo Gallinari
ESPN Doug Gottlieb: OJ Mayo

YouTubesearch for "Gallinari"

RealGM: 2008 Free Agents (doesn't include playerswith an ETO)

The Knicks have four opportunities to get rid of Randolph, Curry, or both before the famed summer of '10. Fans are already upset about the team sostruggling a couple more seasons while trying to build a team that LeBron, Wade, Bosh, or Melo would want to go to shouldn't be that bad.

They should take the Lakers plan of only signing free agents that are willing to take two year contracts (unless they can trade away Jeffries or James). Theyaren't likely to get a star with the mid-level anyway so fans shouldn't be disappointed if the Knicks don't sign a coveted mid-level players. There were fans that were mad the Lakers didn't sign Antonio Daniels or that the guys the Lakers did sign (McKie & Divac) wound up in suits on thebench, but it worked out in the long run.

The idea that Lee isn't a D'Antoni guy doesn't mean the Knicks are going to move him for nothing. There's no point trading away a guy on arookie contract unless the Knicks can package him with one one of their unattractive contracts and receive someone that fits their system in return.

The Knicks aren't winning a championship anytime soon anyway so the least you can hope for is a team that's functional and fun to watch. I believethey'll have that in at least three years regardless of whether or not they get one of the big two-three-four (Lebron & Wade, Bosh, Melo).

Edit: This article on RealGM.com has David Lee on thelist of players that do fit D'Antoni's style.

Unrelated to the article, if Marbury's going to be a locker room cancer, they should just offer to buy him out or suspend him with pay the same way Miamidid with Smush Parker.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Well....

OJ/ROSE/MAYO/BAYLESS/B-Easy are prolly gone.

DJ Augustin is good....But is he #6 pick good?

Y'all don't want Eric Gordon right???

Y'all ain't getting NONE of the premier guards.

Y'all ain't gonna REEEEEACH and get B.Rush

Y'all don't want a Euro player or Kevin Love.

Deandre Jordan is gonna take FOREVER to develop, and I assume y'all want at least some production now. Yeah, he's an athletic big man, but he ain't in the Oden/Dwight Howard mold.

So, why wouldn't you pick a big man who played in a somewhat uptempo offense.

Oh, so you want to draft on potential and get someone like Anthony Randolph or Mareesee Speights...

Who exactly do you plan to get at #6 if y'all don't trade the pick???? Oh, I guess yo want Chase Budinger or Joe Alexander huh??

I agree im not really in that much to any body available at this point in the draft unless Mayo slips which is unikely. Gordon is ok. The Italian guy isactualy pretty nice as well but i dont want a soft Euro, he is a great point forward though. Kevin Love is a no. Im not too in to guys like Ranolph or Arthur.Im actually intrigued by Westbrook though he has got alot of monta Ellis in him, he can run the 1 or the 2 and is a great defender as well. And Jordan might bereally good for us but i want someone who could contribute. I say deal the pick. Unless DJ Augustine's stock rises from workouts and ++%% to where he isreasonable with #6 i say trade. Maybe try and clear much needed cap and dump Curry in the trade. Maybe anchor it in a deal with Phoenix and get Barbosa or some++%%.

**%# why couldnt we at least get 5 so than we would maybe have a shot at OJ if Seattle would take Bayless instead of OJ, but even if Seattle takes Baylessnow the Grizzlies would take OJ at 5 because the big 5 in this draft is clearly looking like Rose, Beasley, Lopez, Mayo, and Bayless right now.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
**%# THE BULLS AND BULLS FANS GET THE **%# OUTTA HERE

I have no problem trading Marbury, Balkman and 08 number 1 for Melo and their pick. Then trading Lee, Randolph and 09 number 1 for Brandan WRight, AlHarrington and Marco Bellinelli. Then trade Curry, Crawford and Mardy Collins for Jason Kidd.

Why can't real life be like NBA Live.

There's no point in thinking about packaging the pick when the workout season isn't even done.

Supposedly Kevin Love has already lost 13 pounds. You never know who'll drop their way or work their way into that 6th slot.

Even if it isn't a sure thing available after the workouts, the Knicks would be crazy to trade the pick away without getting rid of one of their badcontracts.

Supposedly Kevin Love has already lost 13 pounds. You never know who'll drop their way or work their way into that 6th slot.

He has actually lost close to 20 lbs. He went from 270 when he started workouts....now he is down to 252.

No one saw anything close to what the kid can do...he was so limited by UCLA.

Originally Posted by bballah3

He has actually lost close to 20 lbs. He went from 270 when he started workouts....now he is down to 252.

No one saw anything close to what the kid can do...he was so limited by UCLA.

I watched Kevin a lot last year and he was impressive in the college game, but what is he capable of that UCLA limited?

Ultrasur1 wrote:
Originally Posted by faithlesshox

nycknicks10
^^Argentina is so European influenced its not even funny. They have "tea time" there too.
laugh.gif
Kinda ignorant, cause a lot of countries have McDonalds, they are so US influenced its not funny?
Besids Tea isn't originally from Europe, but from China.
and on top of that even within Europe, Tea is really just a British fetish.

Besids Europe is a singular definition of the geographical entity.
Culture wize (which is to what you are refering) There is a bigger difference between Finland and Greece then there is between the US and Central america.

actually it's not ignorant at all. not too eloquently stated perhaps, but i'm argentinian and he's basically correct. the british have had a huge influence on the culture of argentina. the difference between south american nations and central american nations is just as great as the difference you noted between certain european nations. most south american countries have "tea time" and that has everything to do with british merchants and naval officers who established themselves throughout the country over the last two hundred years or so. who do you think brought football over to south america? rugby? polo?

aside from that, argentina (as well as southern brasil, uruguay and parts of neighboring countries have descendents of mostly direct european descent).

a funny thing said about argentinians is that they're spanish-speaking italians who live like the french and wished they were british.
anyway, we ball heavy whether it's football or basketball.
I'll admit I don't know as much as I should to be able to debate that,
my point however was mainly focused on the wrongness of generalizing Europe as one culture and one people by nycknicks10.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

**%# why couldnt we at least get 5 so than we would maybe have a shot at OJ if Seattle would take Bayless instead of OJ, but even if Seattle takes Bayless now the Grizzlies would take OJ at 5 because the big 5 in this draft is clearly looking like Rose, Beasley, Lopez, Mayo, and Bayless right now.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Life Is Cruel That Way...

Michael-Jordan---Bulls-Win-2nd-Championship-Limited-Edition-Photograph-C12330104.jpeg

Originally Posted by teddy jam

16ab8mq.gif

and so it begins
laugh.gif
he was thinking i knew i shouldnt have chasedthe money i wish i could have seen his face when the bulls got the 1st pick
roll.gif
dude had to be
sick.gif
mad.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by THE GR8

**%# why couldnt we at least get 5 so than we would maybe have a shot at OJ if Seattle would take Bayless instead of OJ, but even if Seattle takes Bayless now the Grizzlies would take OJ at 5 because the big 5 in this draft is clearly looking like Rose, Beasley, Lopez, Mayo, and Bayless right now.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Life Is Cruel That Way...

Michael-Jordan---Bulls-Win-2nd-Championship-Limited-Edition-Photograph-C12330104.jpeg

tired.gif

I'm sorry, I thought I got it out of my system last night, but

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I was angry last year when Knicks fans were laughing at the Celts during the lottery. Now I can see why it's so funny.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom