OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

"
Ellis, 22, also might look to explore other options when the July free-agency period begins. A league source told Newsday that the athletic combo guard, whohas flourished in Don Nelson's fast-break system, definitely has eyes for Mike D'Antoni's up-tempo style."
what about montae??

^^Monta's nice but hes kinda like Crawford, hes an undersized 2. And we wont have enough $ to pay for him in FA. I would rather trade for someone thatflourishes in up tempo and can play the point like Barbosa or TJ. Or maybe just draft Mayo or possibly Augustine if his stock increases to run the point.

I still say if Mayo is gone before we pick.. trade down n see if u can get augustine and another player

anybody here still down to going to the NBA Draft?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

i see the 1st 6 picks playing out like this

Bulls -- Derrick Rose
Heat -- Michael Beasley *
Wolves-- Brooke Lopez
Sonics -- Jerryd Bayless
Grizzlies-- Deandre Jordan
Knicks -- OJ Mayo
That's my pipe dream too except I have the Grizzlies taking the European.

I'm down to go to the draft for the first few picks lol.

Baron Davis isn't coming to New York and Walsh isn't going to go after him. Its pointless to even think about Baron, what's he going to do give us5 or 7 more wins and ruin our lottery chances?

[h1]Ewing unlikely to be on Knicks' coachingstaff[/h1]Alan Hahn May 21, 2008
[h4]Article tools[/h4]

SECAUCUS, N.J. - Mike D'Antoni is still deciding on his coaching staff, but one name that will not be among his choices is Knicks great Patrick Ewing. D'Antoni said Ewing would be a "great name" to consider for his staff, but it is unlikely that Ewing would have an interest.

A person with knowledge of the situation said that Ewing is upset that team president Donnie Walsh did not reach out to him for an interview for the head-coaching position before D'Antoni was hired. Ewing is an assistant on Stan Van Gundy's staff with the Orlando Magic.

D'Antoni yesterday admitted he was merely expressing an opinion about Ewing's credentials as a coach when he said he would consider the Hall of Fame center for his staff. Ewing, who has four seasons of experience as an NBA assistant, has aspirations to be a head coach.

"I don't even know the situation or anything," D'Antoni said. "I've got like 200 people that I need to go through, so the process is long and we're just trying to get the best. [Ewing's] a great coach and he's done a great job, but we're just trying to get the best for what works for us."

It is expected that D'Antoni's brother, Dan, and former Long Island Lutheran standout Phil Weber will join D'Antoni from Phoenix. Longtime Knicks assistant Herb Williams is expected to be retained. D'Antoni likely will have just one more assistant on the bench.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Baron Davis isn't coming to New York and Walsh isn't going to go after him. Its pointless to even think about Baron, what's he going to do give us 5 or 7 more wins and ruin our lottery chances?

It's not all about tanking just to get a great pick, it's about putting pieces in place for the future, possibly for when Lebron comes.

i came in here figuring you guys would be talking about baron.

randolph will not be included in the trade because well, mullin/nelson wouldn't want him or his contract. if a trade were to happen, which i don'tthink it will, i think mullin would be looking at Lee and the 6th pick (or a future first).

^^yeah but you would need Z Bo to even the cap (B Diddy makes 18 mil) and Lee makes less than 2 mil and the pick is 0 on the cap, so that trade wouldnt workout.

And if you wanted Steph's expiring contract + those 2 that would be a ******ed trade for our side, so you guys would really have to take Z Bo unless youwould rather like a Curry/Q Rich combo or Jerome James in there somewhere...

Either way you would have to take on a bad contract, because we need to hold on to Steph and basically the rest of our team is bad contracts (except fot theguys that dont get paid like Lee and Nate but that doesnt make enough $ to cover B diddy's $18 mil)

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Baron Davis isn't coming to New York and Walsh isn't going to go after him. Its pointless to even think about Baron, what's he going to do give us 5 or 7 more wins and ruin our lottery chances?

It's not all about tanking just to get a great pick, it's about putting pieces in place for the future, possibly for when Lebron comes.

And Baron's a good piece for the Knicks future? He's turning 29 and has played only 1 full season in the past 6 years. Add to the fact that he isonly getting older and is ready to win now, not 3 years down the line when Lebron enters free agency. You get pieces for the future through draft picks, freeagency and trades for young players who aren't making max money. Haven't you learned from the past 5 seasons that bringing in an overpaid, close to theend of his prime superstar, doesn't lead to success with the current group of players in New York. Baron's a very talented player but he isn'tgetting younger, and is very injury prone. You could want to go out and waste 17 million a year on a guy who is goign to play 50-65 games a year and give youan extra 7-10 wins. I rather save the money, get somebody who isn't injury prone and could play for the next 10 years. Whether its through tanking anddeveloping a good, young nucleus, or through free agency and trades. But before that the Knicks need pieces to trade and players with expiring contracts tomake a run at free agents.

We have Malik's expiring...which I think is worth $7 million or so.

I'd hate to trade any expiring contracts for Baron, though. Hell, I wouldn't even trade for Baron unless we're giving up a worse contract.Hopefully Donnie feels the same way.

^^yeah but you would need Z Bo to even the cap (B Diddy makes 18 mil) and Lee makes less than 2 mil and the pick is 0 on the cap, so that trade wouldnt work out.

And if you wanted Steph's expiring contract + those 2 that would be a ******ed trade for our side, so you guys would really have to take Z Bo unless you would rather like a Curry/Q Rich combo or Jerome James in there somewhere...

Either way you would have to take on a bad contract, because we need to hold on to Steph and basically the rest of our team is bad contracts (except fot the guys that dont get paid like Lee and Nate but that doesnt make enough $ to cover B diddy's $18 mil)
the warriors don't have to do anything. why would take back a bad contract for no good reason? you can't just expect the warriors tosay, "screw it, we'll give em baron and just take back a god awful contract for no particular reason." the players (in this case, baron) mightwant to play somewhere, but that doesn't mean the team will trade him to that desired destination if it means acquiring a whole bunch of suckage in return.

if we were to trade baron, i would expect mullin to want marbury's expiring contract in return.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

^^yeah but you would need Z Bo to even the cap (B Diddy makes 18 mil) and Lee makes less than 2 mil and the pick is 0 on the cap, so that trade wouldnt work out.

And if you wanted Steph's expiring contract + those 2 that would be a ******ed trade for our side, so you guys would really have to take Z Bo unless you would rather like a Curry/Q Rich combo or Jerome James in there somewhere...

Either way you would have to take on a bad contract, because we need to hold on to Steph and basically the rest of our team is bad contracts (except fot the guys that dont get paid like Lee and Nate but that doesnt make enough $ to cover B diddy's $18 mil)
the warriors don't have to do anything. why would take back a bad contract for no good reason? you can't just expect the warriors to say, "screw it, we'll give em baron and just take back a god awful contract for no particular reason." the players (in this case, baron) might want to play somewhere, but that doesn't mean the team will trade him to that desired destination if it means acquiring a whole bunch of suckage in return.

if we were to trade baron, i would expect mullin to want marbury's expiring contract in return.

come one dude...research your own team....your cap room is looking like the knicks! you have over 47 on your payroll and thats ONLY 7 contractedplayers....unless the warriors move bdiddy, monta is gonna follow the money, same with biedrins who im sure could fetch the MLE somewhere

^but i believe we can offer monta & beans the most amount of money than any other team. we can match monta's offers cuz i think we own his birdrights,or whatever you wanna call it, without it affecting the cap.

but what does that have to do with baron? all i said was mullin isn't going to ship off baron for trash. and if we were to get marbury's contract inreturn, i would naturally assume that we'd buy him out.

the warriors don't have to do anything. why would take back a bad contract for no good reason? you can't just expect the warriors to say, "screw it, we'll give em baron and just take back a god awful contract for no particular reason." the players (in this case, baron) might want to play somewhere, but that doesn't mean the team will trade him to that desired destination if it means acquiring a whole bunch of suckage in return.

i never said u would have to trade %*#$. I said if yall traded Baron to the Knicks you would have tpo take on a bad contract because all of the Knicks bigcontracts are big contracts, and we wouldnt trade yall Marburys because we need to clear cap and his is expiring, especially in a deal where we would trade Leeand #6 as well.

This is probably why a deal wont work out beteween us, but im saying if one did work it would be inevitable you would have to take bad contracts if yallwanted Lee and #6.

if we were to get Baron, which im not for BTW. The warriors would have to tak eeither Marburys, Zbo, or Currys contract. Just to even it out. And are youserious.....a future firs round for Baron???
laugh.gif

^but i believe we can offer monta & beans the most amount of money than any other team. we can match monta's offers cuz i think we own his birdrights, or whatever you wanna call it, without it affecting the cap.

but what does that have to do with baron? all i said was mullin isn't going to ship off baron for trash. and if we were to get marbury's contract in return, i would naturally assume that we'd buy him out.
I was just saying baron doesn't seem like one of your priorities...nor should he be..and with this being the last year of his contract and thewarriors not looking like they won't be able to afford him or much of anyone else with what little room they have, it might be a good idea to trade hisexpiring contract for some bodies...I don't expect anything to happen between us tho

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

if we were to get Baron, which im not for BTW. The warriors would have to tak eeither Marburys, Zbo, or Currys contract. Just to even it out. And are you serious.....a future firs round for Baron???
laugh.gif

no chance in hell we give Steph's expiring contract, Lee, and our 1st rounder for Baron +%@#@.

i hate how people use Steph;s contract like it is a liabilty and it needs to be traded. %@%@ that, keep it for one more year and POOF we get $22 mil off ourcap.

its the stupid media that has hated on Steph since he got here, there ******ed and they play off Marbury like he is a cancer with a big contract and needsto be out. They are too stupid to realize though that we need his $22 mil off so we could be good for the future. The media is ******ed and always hates onstuff like that and say we need to do this to become better, but in reality if we trade Steph's deal we re %#%+#+.

Back
Top Bottom