OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

Walsh needs to go after Conley hard. Screw it, we need a point guard and hopefully Memphis is intent on moving OJ to the point or something.

memphis wanted no part of moving conley for beasley...why would they take that deal?

I figured it was time to get back to typical Knicks fan and make request for impossible trades.

ahh touche...in that case...i hope walsh calls up danny ferry and offers him zbo for lebron straight up

^ The only way would be if Nash accepted some mid-level 2-3 year deal. He'll be 35/6 by the time he would opt out. I think he would choose either to try tofinish out his career playing in NY and being part of a turn-around, or tries to go to a contender and get that ring.

I don't necessarily think it is that likely he plays for the Knicks, I'm no idiot, but I do think it is a possibility. He definitely likes NY and liveshere in the off-season.

the saddest part about all this is that the Nets look like a more attractive team for lebron at this point.... We havent done @$%# but get this sorry Europlayer.... he is gonna be a bust and i really hate the knicks right now.... we never make and drastic moves

Wrong...under previous management we made TOO MANY drastic moves. That's what got us into this mess. Getting Marbury, Curry, ZBO, those were all drasticmoves. You want more of that %#!+@@@ $%%*%!#!?

No more drastic moves for a while, just unload the bad contracts we brought in through drastic moves.

I'm going to play ball, but I wanna address that Lebron to Nets/Knicks later haha.

knicks_bag-734666.jpg

found this interesting when i read a draft coverage article on realgm.com
For the first time in life, I miss Isiah Thomas. There is no way Isiah would have selected Gallinari with Jerryd Bayless still on the board. The fans seem defeated and emotionally deflated. Who can blame them? They now have Quentin Richardson, Renaldo Balkman, Jared Jeffries, Wilson Chandler,and Danilo Gallinari on the depth chart at small forward...makes sense.

that is actaully true. Isiah hates foreigners and would have made a much better pick at #6. i mean no a great one the safe bet would be EricGordon cause hes obsssed with Hooiers (hense Jeffries for $30 mil
sick.gif
) butright now i would take Gordon with even the slightest possibility he can become a point but if not than still a talented 2 who can shoot, is athletic, andpowerful over another 3 and one that doesnt defend.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by nightruans

the saddest part about all this is that the Nets look like a more attractive team for lebron at this point.... We havent done @$%# but get this sorry Euro player.... he is gonna be a bust and i really hate the knicks right now.... we never make and drastic moves

What do you expect about the rebuilding process? The off season just started, if the current roster is the same by the time the season starts, then Walshshould be fired. And I don't understand how you are going to call this kid a bust when you haven't even seen him play.

Every analyst I have seen/read today has bashed this pick thouroughly.....i'm really trying to find a way to rationalize taking Gallinari and thinkingoptimistically but there really is no upside.

Walsh has already gotten on the bad side of The Gardan fans....Honestly our hopes for the future lie on the back of Stephon Marbury.....Y'all can drink allthe Donnie juice y'all want...this kid is going to be a non-factor for some time...point blank. And we have no trading power or respectability around theL....unless Steph and Mal help create some type of respectability next season...its a wrap.

Stop dreaming and thinking that some team is going to come along and magically take our scraps, when we have no leverage or buzz around our payers.

We needed a PG...no matter how you cut it..... we need guard leadership, fan excitement, team chemistry....we just threw a foreign project to the basketballwolves. Walsh failed us already.

Unless D'anonti finds a way to make the core players on this team competitive..which might be impossbile....we are the new LA Clippers.

I can't say that you're wrong.

I just want all these current guys out of here.

Difference is with us and the Clippers....we'll actually spend money....so if we clear cap space, we can do something....but nothing is changing quickly.

the saddest part about all this is that the Nets look like a more attractive team for lebron at this point.... We havent done @$%# but get this sorry Euro player.... he is gonna be a bust and i really hate the knicks right now.... we never make and drastic moves

And I don't understand how you are going to call this kid a bust when you haven't even seen him play.

ive seen some plenty of film on this guy and we dont have the time to wait for him to "develop".... i see him developing into a bust and thats myopinion ill watch the games and pray to god im wrong but the constant let downs this team has caused has made me a pessimist i am today

And I don't understand how you are going to call this kid a bust when you haven't even seen him play.

ive seen some plenty of film on this guy and we dont have the time to wait for him to "develop".... i see him developing into a bust and thats my opinion ill watch the games and pray to god im wrong but the constant let downs this team has caused has made me a pessimist i am today

Time to develop, the whole plan was for us to suck and clear cap for the next 3 years. If anything, you should be mad the Knicks took him overBayless(which I am btw) And you could take my word on it this kid will be a fine player. Not the star that some may think but a fine player that will be solid.Was it the right pick? Hell no Bayless should have been taken, but its a better pick than the in between Gordon and Brook Lopez imo.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Nepotism I tell you.

So if Walsh and D'Antoni pick Gallinari it's nepotism, but its ok for Isaiah to choose Gordon potentially or sign Jared "superbum"Jeffries to an outrageous contract? I don't really wanna start with this, but it is starting to smell a little fishy, and we all know why...

I'm getting tired of some of the dumb stuff being said in this thread. If you don't want another 3 cause were "set" at the forward position Ialmost sort of get it...(OH WERD! Q is washed up, can't shoot anymore, and always injured. He does at least play some D. Chandler, who a lot of ya'llare D Riding would not even make a 10 man rotation on a single team that made the playoffs last season. Dude play ok in garbage minutes down the stretch for atrash squad. He couldn't even get burn for the KNICKS in the first 3/4 of the season.... Show me 1 team he would have been in the rotation on that made theplayoffs please. Jeffries, no comment needed. Balkman is a nice 11th man on the roster who hustles I'll give him that.)

But seriously this kid has the potential to be a very good 3 and/or 4 in this offense and no one we have at that position is the long term solution. Theydecided when the players they evaluated highly (both have a great track record of evaluating talent) were gone, Mayo + Westbrook, they went with a guy whocould potentially be a star. I trust Walsh and D'Antoni's judgement of players WAAAY more than anybody here on NT.

And all you saying we should draft defense studs (none of whom were on the board when we drafted who would fit). When has D'Antoni been a defensive mindedcoach? NEVER. I know we all like defensive tough teams here in NY, I do too. But this is the coach we have now. This is the system we are trying to run. Draftthe players that will work with it. You can't give an offensive run and gun coach a bunch of scrappy hustlers and expect it to work out. They are doingwhat they need to do given the CURRENT, REAL roster and coaching staff. Yea you guys like Action Jackson...well he's not the coach, deal with it and moveon. Stop throwing out what if scenarios. Like if we had a different coach, a different roster, and different management we could do all these awesomethings.....O RLY? We don't though.

Gat Damn, I feel like some of you just are frustrated and have stopped using logic.

So why not give Chandler time? he too has the potential to be a very good 3

We're not gona be in the playoffs...so he can be in our rotation. Now...we take this kid and our first round pick from last year who showed promise is leftwhere?

From what I see, the only thing the Rooster does better is shoot and finding ways to score.

if his name was Wilcente Chandleis and was in the draft this year he would be a lottery pick

And I was excited to draft him last year, and myself and a few others in this same thread were calling for him to get minutes back in december and january.

His play late in the year didn't make me jump on a bandwagon....it just further confirmed my beliefs on his ability.

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Nepotism I tell you.

So if Walsh and D'Antoni pick Gallinari it's nepotism, but its ok for Isaiah to choose Gordon potentially or sign Jared "superbum" Jeffries to an outrageous contract? I don't really wanna start with this, but it is starting to smell a little fishy, and we all know why...

I'm getting tired of some of the dumb stuff being said in this thread. If you don't want another 3 cause were "set" at the forward position I almost sort of get it...(OH WERD! Q is washed up, can't shoot anymore, and always injured. He does at least play some D. Chandler, who a lot of ya'll are D Riding would not even make a 10 man rotation on a single team that made the playoffs last season. Dude play ok in garbage minutes down the stretch for a trash squad. He couldn't even get burn for the KNICKS in the first 3/4 of the season.... Show me 1 team he would have been in the rotation on that made the playoffs please. Jeffries, no comment needed. Balkman is a nice 11th man on the roster who hustles I'll give him that.)

But seriously this kid has the potential to be a very good 3 and/or 4 in this offense and no one we have at that position is the long term solution. They decided when the players they evaluated highly (both have a great track record of evaluating talent) were gone, Mayo + Westbrook, they went with a guy who could potentially be a star. I trust Walsh and D'Antoni's judgement of players WAAAY more than anybody here on NT.

And all you saying we should draft defense studs (none of whom were on the board when we drafted who would fit). When has D'Antoni been a defensive minded coach? NEVER. I know we all like defensive tough teams here in NY, I do too. But this is the coach we have now. This is the system we are trying to run. Draft the players that will work with it. You can't give an offensive run and gun coach a bunch of scrappy hustlers and expect it to work out. They are doing what they need to do given the CURRENT, REAL roster and coaching staff. Yea you guys like Action Jackson...well he's not the coach, deal with it and move on. Stop throwing out what if scenarios. Like if we had a different coach, a different roster, and different management we could do all these awesome things.....O RLY? We don't though.

Gat Damn, I feel like some of you just are frustrated and have stopped using logic.

Did Zeke only see video footage of those players and play with their fathers on his one of his old Chicago teams?....There is obviously some nepotismbehind this pick...you would have to be super naieve or ******ed no to see it.

You say stop throwing out what if situations...and your whole post is a what if...this kid can be an abosolute bum...then what?

Come on haze, none of these kids have proved they can succeed in the NBA so theres no way you can argue Bayless would be guaranteed to succeed and Gallinariwouldn't. I'm saying that I trust the minds behind this pick, and will give it as much of a chance as if we had drafted Augustin or Bayless or anyoneelse. Of course ALL the rookies can be absolute busts.

There may be some nepotism, but I'm saying ALL coaches and organizations try to surround themselves with players and programs they are familiar with. Thisis no different, except the relationship was closer. And truthfully that has no bearing on whether or not is was a good/bad pick.

So if Walsh and D'Antoni did not feel there was a PG in this draft still on the board that would lead the franchise to a better future, then who would youhave preferred them to pick? Randolph... If anything he looks like he will be the biggest bust of the early picks to me. But who would you suggest once theyfelt their pg was off the board?

I just want to chime in and say even though were in the same conference and division, im rooting that you guys turn around quickly. I think that Rooster is thewrong pick, and agree with what is said up above with Zeke. Dude was a dumb ##! coach, we already know that. But drafting, he wasnt to terrible at that.

Then again, I dont know remotely close to what you guys do. Thats just my opinion.

Best of luck in the offseason guys. Ill be secretly rooting for you guys to work your way up from last year
wink.gif

what is donnie doing right now?
Donnie: eh screw it this franchise cant get any worse lets take chances and hope for the best

Really.

Y'all need to chill. None of us have seen him play 10 minutes of basketball. We weren't there when players were getting worked out. And we can'tsee into the future.

Just chill. We have a LONG way to go. None of us have any experience as coachs or GMs, so all we can do is put faith in the guys we have. Isiah is gone, givethis new regime some time before we start calling for their heads. It just seems like y'all were just waiting for something to even seem like a bad move.

Lets just relax and realize that this is step one in years of rebuilding. The offseason just started. Lets just relax and let the guy step onto the floor atMadison Square Garden before we crucify him.

All we know about him is that he's Italian, and what scouts have said about him.

dude was a wack pick i still say %+%% him. He aint gonna be %$@#, and he doesnt play no D. The pick was based because D'Antoni and his pops @*!+#+ back inItaly. No other team would make that @%!%$$$ pick. We should have drafted a PG or traded the pick to shed cap room. There were 1000 different options asmentioned before the draft but Walsh took the ****tiest one by far even in he wasnt able to trade up.

Back
Top Bottom