OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Originally Posted by NYK orange and blue

Isiah Thomas gave new Knick President Donnie Walsh a positive scouting report on Danilo Gallinari, whom the team made the sixth pick in the 2008 draft Thursday night.

After being dismissed from his role as Knicks' president and head coach, Isiah Thomas embarked on a European scouting trip and watched Gallinari play for Armani Jeans of Milan.

"He told me, 'This kid won't back down,'" Walsh said.

grin.gif
grin.gif

Issiah really isn't a bad evaluator of talent. I am starting to get my hopes up a little for the Gallinari kid. He isn't going to be an all-starbut I think he will be a valuable shooter and a nice piece for the future to add around LeBron.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

ya'll on that sherm if you think we're getting Bron.

dont let the optimism gas you.

Word ....don't see any reason the Bron would come to the Knicks over the Nets at this point. Not one.

some of you are lacking major foresight being that upset about walsh wanting to trade lee. he's due for an extension at the end of this season that wecan't afford. so do we trade lee now and get something for him, let him walk and get nothing, or sign him to a long term deal that all but eliminates ourchances of getting anyone of the FAs that will be available in 2010? i think the answer is obvious

Screw LeBron. Even if we're guaranteed to not get him, does that mean we completely ditch trying to get under that cap?

We're rebuilding from the ground up. The best thing we can do now is stockpile picks and get under the cap.

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

some of you are lacking major foresight being that upset about walsh wanting to trade lee. he's due for an extension at the end of this season that we can't afford. so do we trade lee now and get something for him, let him walk and get nothing, or sign him to a long term deal that all but eliminates our chances of getting anyone of the FAs that will be available in 2010? i think the answer is obvious

im not against trading Lee. I love him but i agree we cant afford him. But i dont like Felton hes an average PG and hes not the kind of guy to build a teamaround. Lee is a great role player and his value is sky high. since we didnt draft a PG i would rather a tank job and look for that franchise guy in the draftnext year. If we do trade Lee i woan a guy who can play some D and someone who is tough and somebody better than Felton.

yea you know walsh has a plan a, b, c , d all the way to z if lebron doesn't come to NY...there are plenty of other players that will be FAs that year thatwould make us instant contenders....chris paul anybody?

^^i agree with that though. Its really not ALL aboiut Lebron. Obviously Lebron can be the best thing that can hapen. But if we get under cap there are goodthings guarenteed. Maybe not Lebron but something definitley good, but i still want Bron the most. But CP3 is retiring in New Orleans.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

some of you are lacking major foresight being that upset about walsh wanting to trade lee. he's due for an extension at the end of this season that we can't afford. so do we trade lee now and get something for him, let him walk and get nothing, or sign him to a long term deal that all but eliminates our chances of getting anyone of the FAs that will be available in 2010? i think the answer is obvious

im not against trading Lee. I love him but i agree we cant afford him. But i dont like Felton hes an average PG and hes not the kind of guy to build a team around. Lee is a great role player and his value is sky high. since we didnt draft a PG i would rather a tank job and look for that franchise guy in the draft next year. If we do trade Lee i woan a guy who can play some D and someone who is tough and somebody better than Felton.

Nash wasn't a 2 time MVP or a franchise poitn guard before he entered D'antoni's system. Not saying Felton is better than Nash or the nextSteve Nash but Felton is the perfect fit for D'antoni's system. And if he is to enter it he will put up 18 and 9, 17 and 10. You have to look pastDavid Lee, he isn't the future of the Knicks and will never be more than a role player on a solid team. I love Lee, but for the long haul I rather movehim, get Felton and replace David with a post player who doesn't score just on put backs. Guys like David Lee are easy to get, point guards like Felton,who would excel in this system aren't. If the Knicks could get Felton he will flourish and be an all star after 1 year of 37 minutes a game.

^exactly...nash wasnt much more than an average pg either before he went to phoenix...for their career's felton and nash have very similar stats

^^
ohwell.gif
still not feeling it. I dont know maybe case i hate UNC and i hatedhim there... i dont know we'll see
roll.gif

but i would still rather keep Stephon for one more year and adress PG in the draft next year and trade Lee for a nice post defender whose athletic which isanother need for D'Antonis system (the athletic big man part not necessary defense but as i said i want players who could defend). I also see Jamal outsoon. But that is why i thought we should have traded into the 2nd round DeAdre Jordan would have been a $ pick with his upside to get that late. When theKnicks just got the 6th pick many people were saying we should take him and if we couda got him that late and developed him a little he would have been asteal.

i think jamal is the least likely knick to go...he clearly has no problem shooting it whenever he feels like it and i doubt d'antoni would tell him not to

yea felton would be great to have,

but since this is a rebuilding team, i would question the reasoning in bringing another starting pg in with steph still here

that's just throwing away 20 mill dollars, and trading away a fan favorite

as much as we wanna win immediately, all knick fans know that that just isn't plausible

so i say let steph play, he's gonna have a contract year anyway, either give him a reasonable deal next year, or let him walk, and draft the greatestplayer ever, ricard rubio.

as of right now, if the deal doesn't involve trading away one of these stupid contracts, it's not really worth it

top priority should be to get rid of zach.

^^i agree wth most of that. No need bringing in any one new. Let Marbury finish up his contract and start his last year and work on the PG position next summereither in the draft if we have a high enough pick (which we should) or in a trade than. But for now lets just rest a little keep rebuilding and let Starburyrun the show one more year.

Back
Top Bottom