OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

But lets be honest...Devin Harris/Marcus Williams, Vince Carter, LeBron James and an overload of talented and athletic young forwards and big men...playing in Brooklyn, for a brand new Jay-Z lead team....every game televised on the channel right after the home of a constantly dissapointing Knicks franchise...y'all aren't going to find y'all selves watching and *gasp*rooting for the Nets?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

99ih5h.jpg

But lets be honest...Devin Harris/Marcus Williams, Vince Carter, LeBron James and an overload of talented and athletic young forwards and big men...playing in Brooklyn, for a brand new Jay-Z lead team....every game televised on the channel right after the home of a constantly dissapointing Knicks franchise...y'all aren't going to find y'all selves watching and *gasp*rooting for the Nets?
2eygewj.gif

Originally Posted by youngjordan23

Are ya'll really telling me that chris duhon is better than a healthy steph.
We need a pass-first point guard that does not need to score the ball every time down the court.

One-on-one, Stephon Marbury is one of the hardest players to guard. But he is clearly incapable of playing team basketball.

i agree with the scout/GM/whoever it was who said that he never understood ho a guy could get 20/8...and still be a loser till he saw Steph...

i do admire the community work he does....but he's getting paid to play...dude is a friggin loser....what a waste of talent....

Serious waste of talent. It's sad, 'cause he's one of the most talented ballplayers out there. If only he knew how to put it together and play teambasketball.

Duhon >>> Steph.

Duhon plays D. I can appreciate anyone who does that at his position.

I can only hope we don't overpay him like we do everyone.
Has it really come to this? Posting old pics of Ewing with the flat top and begging for Chris Duhon to be signed?
laugh.gif

Damn....well now that you put it that way...

Originally Posted by youngjordan23

Are ya'll really telling me that chris duhon is better than a healthy steph.

No one is saying that in terms of skills. Although, there was a quote recently where one of the Knicks players (I assume a vet) said, I'm paraphrasingby the way, "It's the same thing every year with Steph, in the off-season he's working out, running up and down hills, conditioning but when hecomes to practice, he can barely finish the drills."

That's just a bad vibe for the team.

I do have a question though -- Why is there talk of waiving/releasing Marbury when this is the last year of his contract? Why not just ride it out and gethim off the books, wouldn't we have to pay some sort of cap fee if we do waive him?

why isnt d'antoni giving nate a chance to run point? last year in the summerleague he didnt do too bad.

The Knicks are expected to offer Chris Duhon a two-year deal worth roughly half of the mid-level exception, totaling around $6 million, according to NBAsources. A playmaker who has struggled with his shooting going all the way back to his days at Duke, Duhon averaged 5.8 points on 39% last season for theBulls. NY Daily News

Yeah, Donnie knows what he's doing.

Isiah would have offered Duhon $36 million/6 years.
laugh.gif

Seems he really has 2010 in mind. Good to know.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Yeah, Donnie knows what he's doing.

Isiah would have offered Duhon $36 million/6 years.
laugh.gif

Seems he really has 2010 in mind. Good to know.

Duhon truly is a pass-first PG. Definitely an asset.

^ Good job on the Strahan retirement bit you did a few weeks back

But back to reality:

Tough son of a gun.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Originally Posted by allen3xis

There is NOTHING like playoff basketball in the Garden...and overall, a good Knicks team.

NY has turned into a baseball town now...but the Knicks at the top of their game surpasses everything.
the celebration is probably going to be in Brooklyn for a certain prodigy led Nets team.
Say he does go there...honestly, how many fans do you guys think jump ship?

IMO, a non LeBron team can't and won't succeed in Brooklyn.

If the Knicks were to get him the Brooklyn Nets will go down as a huge failure for years upon years.

Yeah without Bron or Dwade...the Nets are going to have a rough time growing thei fanbase...but they seem to be guanranteed to get one of the two with the way that their management has set up the team so far....they are going to compete next season...but still have a losing record...get another lottery pick and make the most of it like the always seem to do. They can cut salary even further offer Bron or Wade the max and sign another complementary player to a team that already has a stockpile of young talent....plus their tickets sales have spiked with the addition on Yi and its only going to get better when they get come to BK.

Rod Thorn has been making Knicks managemnt look like amateurs since 2000 and I have a feeling that trend is not going to stop anytime soon....I used to check for the Nets Finals team when they ran the Princton offense beautifully and had Kidd, K-Mart, Kittles, Lucious Harris and such...but Im always a Knicks fan before anything else. Its embedded in my heart
tired.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I've always rooted for the nets except for when they played a Mcgrady team or the Knicks. But when they Swept us in the playoffs in 04 and then letKMART go i was
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom