OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

smh, season was over since last season.

we need someone who knows what they are doing with this team....

no reason why the we should have lost to the sonics. smh

IF the Knicks are to rebuild, keep the nucleus of Zach Randolph and Jamaal Crawford, get rid of the horrendous contracts, get some young talent. Stephon,Curry, Q-Rich, Malik Rose, Jerome James, all need to be gotten rid of some how.

I don't want Jamal anymore

I believe he is the player in the league with the most seasons played without a playoff appearance...not saying its his fault, be hasn't helped

he scores, that's it.

All I want to keep

Lee
Balkman
Chandler

That is it.

Yes i agree that the Artest ship has sailed for now... at least until he offseason if we were smart, but at this point if he has never been a Knick in thesemany oppurtunities i think fate is just keeping us aprt.

And yes maybe it will take the draft + maybe going after a dude like Okafor in a sign and trade or sumthing

But i dont think a Curry and a young guy like Collins for Theo Ratliff is so far out of the question. First of all Kevin McHale is the dumbest GM in the L.He's even orse than Isiah as a GM, but as a coach (although McHale doesnt coach) Isiah is THE worst in the league. I mean that trade for KG was trash. itwas solely because McHale and Ainge are still bois and McHale wants to see the Cs thrive again. I heard he had at least 4 offers better than that (one beingfrom the Knicks) and that offer the Warriors offered that i know of of Biedrins, Ellis, Harrington, and #18 DESTROYS that Cs offer. So McHale is a moron firstof all. 2nd of all, despite how he sucks, Curry is still young and could potentially be a good inside presence for another team due to his size and post skilsand his potential if he would work a little. He could potentially pair nicely with a young PF in Al Jefferson, and curry could be an offensiv, young center toplay down low with Jefferson. cause just like Randolph maybe curry just needs a player that contradics his style, and Jefferson is a good defensive andathletic rebounding big. Although the Wolves are completely based around Jefferson now so Curry would have to take a back seat to him. But a young offensivecenter that can pair with jefferson down low may be attractive to McHale on a rebuilding team. They are clearly rebuilding so a veteran like Theo is not neededby them whatsoever. Also if we throw some more young talent in there like Mardy collins that can make it too good for a guy like McHale to give up. They aremissing a nice young point (Telfair is trash) and while he is not that complete yet, Collins is a very young 6'6 PG who played tremendously late least yearand led the league in minutes played in April. He can defend ncely, run the point nicely, and usues his side to rebound, etc. The Wolves could definitley makeuse to Curry and Collins

On the other side. Curry is COMPLETELY useless for us. He puts 0 effort, and we are 150% better without him on the floor. And while collins is a solid youngplayer and he showed it last year, with our deep rotation of young guys and guards he really doesnt work in that well with us as he would in a rebuilding teamwith a lack of PG help and that would develop him to be a good PG in this league which he can potentially be. Also this would be a great trade for us. CauseTheo is a veteran which we need more of and most importantly a terrific shot blocker which god knows we need. he would be perfect contradicting Randolph'soffense. But even more importantly, this would save us around 10 million dollars in cap room because he has an expiring contract so in the offseason if wechoose to resign him (and if we make this trade i suggest we should) for maybe 1 or 2 million dollars pr yr, from his $11 mill contract this year.

I know the Artest deal is probable a HUGE reach, i think this one can work out. And dont give me that if any of these deals can be done they would have. Causethey wouldnt have. The reason no deals have been done, is cause Thomas has a huge ego and will not admit it was a mistake trading our entire future for aworthless fat *!!! with heart problems in curry. He has not been looking to trade Curry in any deals. And he also never pursues Ron Artest high enough. We hada golden oppurtiunity when he said he wanted to go to NY from Indiana but he wouldnt let guys like Channing Frye or Curry go. WOW, that one worked out well.Dont make it look like Zeke is smarter than he is. These arent situations like if it was this easy to do these trades they would be dont than they would. Causethey wouldnt just like they havent cause Isiah is a *$##@!% moron with an ego too large to admit a mistake.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
wow its def a wrap for us.

If we lose tomorrow to the bulls I would say that I will be highly disgusted and irritated. I also wish Isiah would would wipe that stupid look off his facethat he has after every game, it just irritates me even more.

from ny post
laugh.gif

Malik Rose is on the record as wanting out. Quentin Richardson, David Lee and Eddy Curry also are begging to be gone.

The good news is, Nate Robinson, I'm informed, has spewed, too, a desire to distance himself from the insane asylum run by Nurse Ratched, er, Thomas. Who wouldn't want such an inventive maker of plays? No matter how well he's covered, IncrimiNate is always able to find himself open for a shot.

How depressing have the Knicks become? The other night a player told me Curry was moaning on the bench, "Get me out of here. Please get me out of here."

^Curry should be playing better and not talking about "get me outt here". SMH....this team and organization is a disgrace....I am sorry but there isno reason this team should have lost as many games as they have. I seriously question whether anyone on this team REALLY wants to win.

eek.gif
, this team has no desire to win what so ever......shh.. like that you gotta put on the coach...get Isiah outta here...ASAP.....

Originally Posted by FReSHtaDeFF03

eek.gif
, this team has no desire to win what so ever......shh.. like that you gotta put on the coach...get Isiah outta here...ASAP.....

I agree with you Fresh. My thing is how can these guys not want to play for Isiah when he brought them all here?! You would think they would want to winfor the man.

Originally Posted by Woodside718

Malik Rose is on the record as wanting out. Quentin Richardson, David Lee and Eddy Curry also are begging to be gone.

The good news is, Nate Robinson, I'm informed, has spewed, too, a desire to distance himself from the insane asylum run by Nurse Ratched, er, Thomas. Who wouldn't want such an inventive maker of plays? No matter how well he's covered, IncrimiNate is always able to find himself open for a shot.

How depressing have the Knicks become? The other night a player told me Curry was moaning on the bench, "Get me out of here. Please get me out of here."

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
The man asked for it, get him what he wants Isiah!!!

Thats just hate on Nate right there, Nate is fine and we should hold onto him

As for Lee, i know it sucks and i know that you should be out there but you need to hold on for the good of the team. Mad props to this guy for not making apublic scene out of anything even though of the way he is treated, but just hold on buddy. Just wait a little, a season at most until Isiah s gone, and youwill get the PT you deserve.

As for Q Rich +%*+ him. I know we always give him props about how he makes us for Curry's lack of rebounding with his boards, and he plays nice D. Butwe got Balkman and Jeffries on the bench and they are taller and more athletic and can do that even better than he could. And what Balkman and Jeffries knowthat Q doesnt seem to understand, is that they cant shoot for %$#+!! I cant stand when Q chucks up these 3 balls when a simple extra pass to a wide openCrawford who can shoot would be an easy 3. Get him out of here i dont give a %$#+ about him either, especially if he dont want to win.

SMH at this team, it seems like we have 5 guys at most that actually want to win.

^Son I dont know if I agree with you on Q. We all know Q can shoot he is just going through a rough stretch and he is a better all around player than Balkmanor Jeffries. Richardson is actually one of the Knicks I see that gets angry and fired up which is good to see and even when he is not shooting well hecontributes in other areas. If anyone shows some disgust or passion about losing on this team its Q-Rich along with Lee.

^^^you make good points. I just feel that shooting wise Q is washed up, but i still agree he is leagues ahead of Jeffries and Balkman offensively. But i stillfeel we should start Jeffries at the 3. First of all he did it before with the Wizards and he did it with great success, and its not like hes old i think hecan still be that versatile lock down defender he once was when he started. I still dont completely blame him for being an NY bust so far, cause i was veryhappy about getting him originally and felt he can help this team play D. I think that injury in the preseason of last year hurt him alot because he wasrusshed back into a brand new team mid season. I feel he is mmore in the flow now, and if he starts he has more upside than Q. Because while Q is still adecent scorer, he cant shoot anymore. He hasent since he was a Knick. He showed flashes last year after an AWFUL first season and at times he was even our bestplayer. But i really think he got too hurt to shoot like he used to, and even be explosive like he was with LAC on offense. Yes, on defense he plays with greatpassion and picks up slack on the boards which is what we DESPERATELY need. But i also think that a guy like Jeffries brings more upside in that category.First of all at 6'11 he is extremely versatile and a great athlete. He played very good D last night vs Seattle and showed that we can throw him on theseguards in the league but also put the lock on some big men. Because at 6'11 he can not only make up for rebounding slacking by Curry like Q Rich does aswell but also outr immense softness on the interior defense. Also he knows his offensive limitations, and can get others more involved. I think that Q would bebetter suited backing up Crawford at the 2.

On another note, if Clyde aint commentating again tonight and we got like Breen/Kenny this games not worth watching.

Back
Top Bottom