OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

didn't Q get injured against the sonics? i remember hearing them say some kind of injury and will not return not sure if its day to day. Q has been injuryprone his whole career and Isiah knew that when he traded for him and obviously nothing has changed. Honestly i think Jeffries has been a bum so far as aknick. This dude is like 6'10 but is verryyyyyyyy soft around the basket. His ball handling skills under pressure has been very suspect and his jumper letsnot even get into that as he is a disgrace putting up that shot with the number 20 on his back. They were saying ALL summer jeffries was working on his shotand is was vastly improved but I have yet to see that. even though Q has fallen off I'd still take him over jeffries because he is a 6'10 scrub.

^Woodside I agree with you...Jeffries has not proven anything. He played well against Seattle but what has this man done....he is a liability on the courtoffensively. I am still looking for that improved jumpshot. I dont think inserting Jeffries into the starting lineup will really change anything at all....atthis point the season is so bad I think we are just looking for anything to spark some change. However for some reason I just don't think Jeffries is thatanswer.

And GR8 Gus Johnson will most likely be doing play by play tonight as Breen will do ESPN duties.

oh word Gus is calling it ima tune in
laugh.gif
. F that id rather play chandler then jeffries lets be serious

Gus and Clyde tonight would be SOOOOOOOO $$$$$$$

Imma need a pick me up while watching this team suck$+%$. And i cant even ammuse myself by hoping that the "Fire Isiah" chants get louder because weare not at home. This game should be a sleeper. I hope Crawford continues to play well though, and we give Lee his PT which at this point is pretty much onlyto keep him happy so he will stay in NY post Isiah. I also hope that Steph plays tonight. God knows we need his distributing out there. and if we lose toChicago with all players healthy and active, i dont know how Isiah can squirm outta that one.

This is Diceloveme. I def think Q needs to be traded. He hasn't contributed anything since being on the knicks. I think he needs to slash more and give upthat dookie jump shot. Get curry out of here too he hasn't contributed anything since coming to the knicks. Lee I can understand because he is not beingutilized. This season is just a waste and needs to just hurry up and be over.

I feel you. If he has a messed up elbow I don't think he should be playing then, let somebody else get some run.

yea u right, its up to Isiah to make that decision to take him out of the lineup and start lee or balkman but we all know he wont do that.

^^^Exactly right. Yes we know he was good and he has a hurt elbow. Just because hes got a hurt elbow and is shooting is messed up yalls act like thats anexcuse to keep him around cause he can shoot if it wasnt for the injuries. Yes i know that. But injuries $%%%*% him up, and we gotta let him go. And btwJeffries demonstrating a little of that range i spoke about in the offseason. He needs to get his confidence up cause he can shoot, i saw it with my own eyeshes just got 0 offensive confidence right now. Thats also the cause of the TOs hes been getting. If he gets his confidence up i think he can be that guy he wasin Washington. and his D is great not to mention hes 6'11.

CURRY SUCKS!!! KEEP LEE IN!!! those moves he was pullin before on Noah was fiyahhh 10X better than Curry can do and offense is supposed to be Curry'sfortey. And at least guys like lee and Jeffries thhow it down. Curry is the biggest *%#+@#@ *+@+%, he is around the basket and he just throws up these soft!!%!layup#!!!*! that miss. Throw it down and if you miss take the foul you pansey. And than when he tries to dunk it he gets the #+@# stuffed out of him by smallerdudes. This guy is TRASH. Not to mention the D has looked WAYYY better without him.

And oh yeah, i honestly think we lost Stephon for the season. It's not even bout his dad any more i dont think. i mean it kind of is, but honestly. If thisguy was playing for a contender right now, you honestly think he would still be out? He just cant stand playing with these%%%*%!%@ and i dont blame him yo.

Lee HAS to get more playing time , if not let him go. He is our most valuable down low asset. It don't matter though the season is a wrap.

Originally Posted by FReSHtaDeFF03

He hasn't contributed anything since being on the knicks.
eek.gif
..I really don't agree with that...when Q is healthy...he's one of our best players IMO....

Rebounding wise, But Q isnt a strong scorer has he ever had a 25+ game consecutively as a knick or has he even led the team in an assist. I mean he is the3 on our team He not the even the 3rd option on offense. I rather play balkman at the 3 than Q right now. I'm basically just venting right now because thisteam had so much promise this yr and it was all wasted due to foolishness.

They !***#+% suck

This better be Curry and Isiah's last game with the team

I dont know but something just looked different tonight. Isiah just gave up tonight although it wasnt over, i honestlywont be suprised if he gets canned

The positive about this game is that is seems Zeke is finally losing patience with Curry. It might have taken a month or 2 after everybody else has but itfinally looks like he has. He was god awful when he played. Being wayyy soft down low, on offense and D. When on offense he chucks up misses down low and whenhe finally tries to throw it down he gets out muscled by smaller dudes and gets swatted. Negro you 285 !***#+% pounds is that a !***#+% joke? On D i obserbedhim close and he was just LOST. Pick and rolls he would just let the ick come and turn the other way when the guard came through not even trying to contestanything at all. He is just horrible.

We should have gotten Crawford and Lee more involved today. Crawford had a night 1st half offense and even played great D tonight but Isiah just seemed to giveup on his starters.

and whats this dudes beef with Lee?!!! He has been $ lately, yet he seems to have a problem. That seems to be how Isiah rewards hard work, by putting them onthe bench. Lee was tough down low on D tonight, and offensively he was knocking down mid rangers and taking Noah t school down low. If there is one thing thatIssiah is doing right now that is pissing me off the most its with Lee. The season is lost so whatever the !#!$ he wants to do with Curry whatever, cause itstoo late now. He gave Curry too many minutes when it mattered. Its a little too latte to finally stop playing Curry. I mean i like it and i will be ecstaticwhen/if curry gets traded this season. But at this point Curry has no effect on the Knicks. Cause the season is lost and as i look at it hes gonna be tradedone way or another so who really cares if its not this season we wont win at this point any way. But i really think hat he will be gone soon after the past fewgames and i sure hope we get him out ASAP. But whats going on with Lee is worse. Cause Lee is one of the few players that should have a future with NY. Andright now Isiah is jeapordizing the future of a player we need. He is making Lee want to leave. and that i cant live with cause that effects us post-Isiah.Start Lee for the rest of the year. I dont give a $!++ whether or not we have Curry.

Z Bo played nice today. Once again he showed his scoring is sick. But i was more impressed elsewhere. He played HARD tonight. he was playing not good but muchbetter D than usual. and unlike Curry and him usual he was passing out of double teams until he got frustrated in the late 4th quater. But still i liked thepassion and fire he played with tonight. He is a really tough player, and he showed me a lot tonight. He needs to keep passing out of doubles like he didthough. Cause for a player like Curry i see alot. He gets doubled all the time. Sure he can take people 1 on 1 he should hes !***#+% huge. But what drives menuts is that he keeps *****ing about not getting the ball and this and that. 1st of all shut your !***#+% mouth, play a little D and earn your touches. And 2ndof all, why should you get the ball if you will be soft, not take it strong and force up shots rather than making easy passes out of the doubble team. There isno way he can EVER be a #1 option even on offense cause teams will doubl it and he cant pass out of a double. any average center would be getting 5+ assists ifthey were getting doubled like Curry. Tonight Z Bo saw the doubles and looked out to guards for open looks, and he came away with 5 assists through 3 quatersbut rushed shots in the 4th.

But honestly i cant take it, when i hear Eddy Curry talking and *****ing to the media and $!++ like hes a !***#+% victim. 1st of all he has done nothing todeserve the ball hustle wise. 2nd of all it is WAYYY too easy for even smaller teams to make Curry non effectiv even when the Knicks are looking for him. And3rd of all, WE GAVE OUR !***#+% FUTURE FOR YOU!!! For all that we gave, this soft @%!$# should have to pay us collateral or something for how much he sucks.Joakim Noah! Tyrus Thomas (who could have very well been Brandon Roy if the Knicks had that pick) I cant stand this fat $!++ *****ing that he dont get the ballenough. The one thing im agreeing with by Isiah is his tough love on Curry but its 2 months too late at this point. But we are a better team without him. Wejust suck as a whole unit with out Marbury cause we got no skilled "orchestrator" in the words of the great Clyde Frazie.

^Yo I missed the game tonight but came home and read the AP recap and saw that Curry didn't score....I came right here and sure enough my dude the GR8 hada rant on Curry. I gotta co-sign with GR8...this man is useless. 0 Points!!!!! Curry should be booed each and every time he touches the ball tomorrow. Rightnow we can forget about trading him....his value is at all all time low. Seriously if you are another GM....why would u want Curry?? The only reason you wouldtake him now is because you may have a player who is going to work and you are looking to get value in return. I am disgusted with this Mr. Softie.....ship himoutta town!!!

^^Yeah bro, im glad you agree with me. That is why i said in my post at this point it dont even matter if we trade Curry or not cause Isiah is sitting him outand fianally disciplining this bum at least 2 months too late in the season. So it dont even matter if we trade Curry right now, cause the season is overeither way, and his value is so low. He will not be a Knick next year either way. Cause Isiah will be fired so even if he dont trade him anybody else will, andsince this season is lost it really dont even matter what we will do with him right now because at this point its not evena bout the value cause i dont evenknow what other team would even trade a scrub with a pretty big contract fo him. At least we could have sold his offensive ability if Isiah would have donethis a month ago, and gotten SOME value, and if they did it over the summer like i suggested they could have EASILY snagged Artest from Sacremento.

But like i said, if Curry does play again with the Knicks and if Isiah plays him vs the Swamprats tomorrow, the fans should Boo this guy everytime he touchesthe ball. He is the softest guy alive, he dont do $%%! to deserve the ball, he is soft when he gets it and doesnt pass out of double teams and gets owned bysmaller players, and he*#%+*!%% about not getting the ball enough. What the *$@+ are we supposed to do? This guy is absolute trash, but this season is lost soeven if we trade him we are not going to make the playoffs so whats the use? I will still be etastic if we do trade him just to get him off our handspermanantly but even if he stays he should be moved to the deep becnh because what does matter is not this season but this teams future. And what Curry andIsiah are doing right now is driving away a player that we NEED for the future of this team. And that is David Lee. We need to start him for the rest of theseason, play this season out and rebuild in the offseason.

The 4 and 5 should be Lee and Z-Bo...I don't care if they are under-sized, word to the Warriors.

Curry should come off the bench along with Q (he's hurt).

Originally Posted by THE GR8

^^Yeah bro, im glad you agree with me. That is why i said in my post at this point it dont even matter if we trade Curry or not cause Isiah is sitting him out and fianally disciplining this bum at least 2 months too late in the season. So it dont even matter if we trade Curry right now, cause the season is over either way, and his value is so low. He will not be a Knick next year either way. Cause Isiah will be fired so even if he dont trade him anybody else will, and since this season is lost it really dont even matter what we will do with him right now because at this point its not evena bout the value cause i dont even know what other team would even trade a scrub with a pretty big contract fo him. At least we could have sold his offensive ability if Isiah would have done this a month ago, and gotten SOME value, and if they did it over the summer like i suggested they could have EASILY snagged Artest from Sacremento.

But like i said, if Curry does play again with the Knicks and if Isiah plays him vs the Swamprats tomorrow, the fans should Boo this guy everytime he touches the ball. He is the softest guy alive, he dont do $%%! to deserve the ball, he is soft when he gets it and doesnt pass out of double teams and gets owned by smaller players, and he*#%+*!%% about not getting the ball enough. What the *$@+ are we supposed to do? This guy is absolute trash, but this season is lost so even if we trade him we are not going to make the playoffs so whats the use? I will still be etastic if we do trade him just to get him off our hands permanantly but even if he stays he should be moved to the deep becnh because what does matter is not this season but this teams future. And what Curry and Isiah are doing right now is driving away a player that we NEED for the future of this team. And that is David Lee. We need to start him for the rest of the season, play this season out and rebuild in the offseason.

I hear you bro and to be honest I would now trade Curry for Artest. I would do that trade in a hearbeat (no offense to Curry LOL). But Curry just doesntnot even have an ounce of fire. I cant expect him to be Patrick Ewing but at least show me the drive to win from time to time. I agree with you on Leestarting....just start the man for the rest of the season and I do no want to hear this nonsense about how he cant guard other small forwards. Hell lets seeif he can and if he can at least we all know that he will show the effort (unlike Curry). Or we should go with Mez's suggestion Lee at the 4 and Z Bo atthe 5....I mean why not?? We already dont have a shot blockring presence so we might as well go with that lineup. And that lineup has proven to beeffective.

I agree the season is lost GR8 but the big question is HOW do we rebuild??

I actually like the whole idea of having Curry come off the bench, and putting Lee at the 4 spot. It's very lucid that the Knicks are a terrible half courtoffensive team. I've thought about this for quite sometime now, but never really put it into some serious consideration. Instead of slowing the wholeoffense down, and trying to get the ball to Zbo or Curry for most of the time. We should try to use the pieces we have right now, and try to create a run andgun offense. We obviously have the arsenal and speed to fully be capable of succeeding in such an idea. If we have a line up consisting..

1. Crawford (but this will be Marbury when he decides to return)

2. F.Jones (Crawford will fill this spot when Marbury is back)

3. Q

4. Lee

5. Zbo

Now that would be our starting line up. We all know how deep this Knicks roster can get, and i truly believe he have one of the deepest rosters in the league.This would be our second line-up...

1. Jamal/Nate

2. Fred Jones/Jamal Crawford

3. Renaldo Balkman

4. Jared Jefferies

5. Eddy Curry

Now as you can see, its imperative that we get Marbury back ASAP, because we all know in order to become successful in running a run and gun team (pun notintended) it solely rests on the shoulders of the PG. So for the meantime, Jamal most be able to carry the load.

Also if you put Curry in the second line-up i believe this will allow him to get the spacing he needs in order for him to score.

The reason why I think Curry is struggling as much as he is, would be because of the presence of ZBo. His(Zbo) game consists of dribbling outside the paint soit leaves Eddy standing there doing nothing.

His(Curry) best offensive year was last year, and that was due to him getting the space and time he needed to assert his offensive game in the box.

That obviously wont happen if Zbo is already in the box doing his thing. So when Curry actually does happen to get the ball, this dude just throws up a randomshot, because he knows he wont get so many opportunities to score again. He also needs to learn to be more patient when he does get the ball.

I honestly believe if we try to have a run and gun team we might get somewhere. Its obvious that we can't win games buy just slowing the game down, andplaying a half court offense. We need to do what the Mav's and Sun's are doing. Which is just trying to out score the opponent and not look to playdefense. We tried to play defense for many years, and it has still be unsuccessful. Its better for us to use our guys who can actually play offense and try toexploit that rather then try to make them play defense when they obviously don't have the ability to.

Trading Curry right now wouldn't be such a smart idea, because we have seen what Curry can do. He can be a huge presence alone in the box, and he has shownus last year that he can. It's just the addition of Zbo thats the problem, and we still haven't figured out how to solve it.

we shuold play

Jones/Collins
Jamal/Nate
Balkman/Jeffries
Lee/ZBo
ZBo/Morris...i liked his aggression in the post and he's a big body NH...

sure lack of shot blocking but f it. for it being his first year, Zach's not doing bad in hte offense...well he is worth 18 or so of our points. Get Currythe f outta here. duke is SOFT. you cant be 6'11, 270+ laying the%*%+ up with your agility and footwork in the post. i hate that about him

Stern needs to intervene now.

Back
Top Bottom