OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

petermans: I hope you're smoking whatever magnus is, cuz that is not even close to the best talent in the league on paper.

Dammit my fellow Knicks fans have lost it! We need some wins STAT!

you guys know the italian is probably playing pf right not sf, which i kno he will get bodied on the block
*cries if true*

esp if he's due for a growth spurt. with no quickness he cant guard a 3...and with no weight he'll get bodied by 4s.

a sick part of me wants to see him get burned by better players...just to know i was right....

not to mention he MIGHT cut into LEe/Chandlers minutes...and with Lee they gotta see how he fits in the grand schem of thin...

f Mike. dude is the most *****ist coach...got shook of the Spurs so he comes to NY with this soft !#+ game..

at thid piint, i give a +%+* about being entertained. that's why i watch the Hornets...i want wins...this %%* is VERY terrible for a big market such asourselves

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

you serious? this w/o the riff raff

-Stephon-strong PG who can get to the rim at will and draw fouls. scoring threat when in the lane. MYRIAD ways of getting to the basket injury prone cancer in the locker room...but he is the best point guard in the league according to one source
-Jamal-streaky SG who can run point. ESP with Eddy made helped make Eddy a near 20 ppg threat career 40% shooter who averages as many TOs as rebounds and can't play a lick of D...and hes our best shooter
-Q-decent defender, spot up shooter, who can post up when healthy....but never is
-Zach-20/10 threat night in/out, one dimensional but he cn score...needs to touch the ball 30+ times a game and has never heard of passing or defense
-Eddy Curry-legit 6'11 player who can score near the rim WHEN he gets the ball but cannot rebound or block a shot to save his life

-Balkman-energy guy, decent defender
-Lee- GREAT glue guy, energy player, will hustle for points/boards
-Chandler-up coming player who will start at the 3
-Nate-main spark off the bench, only player who seems to go for the jugular
-Jared...provides length in the frontcourt NH...but contributes nothing else and according to one source can guard every position on the court

if you dont think we have the best talent ON PAPER, you're wylin. i hate to sound like those damn commericials with ppl scrambling for words to describe their favorite players on MSG...but thi team shoulda been in the POs since Thomasstarted coacheing

it's prolly the weed talkin, but that's how i feel. i
m gonna laugh at myself when i reread this later....

if you think that we int up there, you're wylin

edited your post for truth...you're right what are we thinking...this is clearly one of the most talented teams in the NBA
eyes.gif

its sad when our best player crawford would be a bench player on any good team

you guys know the italian is probably playing pf right not sf, which i kno he will get bodied on the block
*cries if true*

esp if he's due for a growth spurt. with no quickness he cant guard a 3...and with no weight he'll get bodied by 4s.

a sick part of me wants to see him get burned by better players...just to know i was right....

not to mention he MIGHT cut into LEe/Chandlers minutes...and with Lee they gotta see how he fits in the grand schem of thin...

f Mike. dude is the most *****ist coach...got shook of the Spurs so he comes to NY with this soft !#+ game..

at thid piint, i give a +%+* about being entertained. that's why i watch the Hornets...i want wins...this %%* is VERY terrible for a big market such as ourselves

they listed him at 6'8 yesterday then in the interviews dantoni and donnie say he is 6'10 currently and doctors say he is still growing so 7 feetis probably his max. i dont know maybe given time he hits the weight room bulk up and he is versatile as is so you never know. of course im thinking positivenow because we cant do @!@% about it

i guess i just won't be satisfied until we get rid of Curry, Randolph, Marbury, and Jeffries. As long as these players are on the team I refuse to thinkpositively about anything concerning this team.

The riff raff is the ENTIRE ROSTER outside of Lee though man. That lineup you compiled, w/o the riff raff, is just 1 player.

It's sad but true.

i can't be too mad, because this team is obviously living for the future

they locked down d'antoni for four years

they're not gonna trade steph

and they will trade zach before the end of this summer, because his contract is unnecessarily bloated and he is a detriment to the team

i hope the don't trade curry, because we've all seen that he is capable of being an effective center

whether or not he flourishes in this system this year is irrelevant, i just want him to get in shape within d'antoni's style of play

and they will trade zach before the end of this summer, because his contract is unnecessarily bloated and he is a detriment to the team
out of curiousity...i've changed my stance on Curry...i'd rather have him than Z...maybe because i hear of workouts etc...

BUT

i dont see no one dumb enough to take Z's contract with his rep as a black hole. i hear NOTHING about him working out etc

I can't stay mad at this, I just have to hope for the best, and trust that Walsh has a plan. That we'll at some point get our point guard, and that theItalian will develop who knows he could be the next great thing. It'll take a couple years to be able to assess this draft so I'm going to just have tohope for the best.

Now it's time to shed contracts and try to rebuild.

Originally Posted by NYK orange and blue

but i find it pretty bad that Donnie Walsh is willing to trade David Lee before all the bums with no heart on this team
mad.gif

i think its more the fact that the only person any other team wants is david lee..he's our only bargaining chip....if trading lee is the only way toget rid of someone with a contract like zbo's then i'll pack his bags for him

out of curiousity...i've changed my stance on Curry...i'd rather have him than Z...maybe because i hear of workouts etc...

BUT

i dont see no one dumb enough to take Z's contract with his rep as a black hole. i hear NOTHING about him working out etc

u already know zbo burning that uptown piff during the summer he dont workout
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NYK orange and blue

but i find it pretty bad that Donnie Walsh is willing to trade David Lee before all the bums with no heart on this team
mad.gif
It's not that he's willing to part with Lee more than the others, but Lee's value is very, very high, and he is tradeable to ANY team.

Only a handful of teams would be able to take on ZBo's contract (and IMO, he might fare better in another city). I'd much rather keep Curry overRandolph simply because Curry is less expensive. Who knows, maybe both will stay on our roster; if LeBron does leave Cleveland, ZBo and Curry would be greatsign-and-trade chips. If LeBron does not want to stay in Cleveland, then the Cavs need to get SOMETHING in return.

Our priority was at the PG position. The front office saw nothing that they liked. I don't like it, but I really think D'Antoni/Walsh is going afterNash after the upcoming season ends.

Nash has BEEN old.

But D'Antoni loves this guy, and seeing how Nash doesn't have much of a future in Phoenix and has the option to end his contract after this season,D'Antoni is probably looking to add him. Nash is durable and is one of the few pure PGs left (11+ apg last season); he could still play at an above-averagelevel for at least 3 more season. Also, Nash at the point would be a big draw for LeBron or any other big-name free agent.

Bayless was the pick. He was the best player on the board, and we take another forward.

OUR FIRST ROUND PICK LAST YEAR PLAYS THE SAME SPOT.

Just don't get it.

As far as the current team, it sucks.

Nash would be alright if the Knicks were trying to win RIGHT NOW, but that clearly isn't the case.

I don't want to see anyone above the age of 30 on this team for the next few years.

Back
Top Bottom