Official New York Yankees Offseason Thread

ANDREW EUGENE PETTITTE.

venom, I'm sure the Yanks will retire the numbers of the "Core Four" once that time comes.  No lie, I might shed some Suzyn tears when Jeter and Rivera retire.

Supposedly, Steiner Sports is already peddling Pettitte memorabilia. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

29bjyau.jpg

DeadSet (aka Troy BRO'Leary), I know it should say "retired pitcher."
laugh.gif

ANDREW EUGENE PETTITTE.

venom, I'm sure the Yanks will retire the numbers of the "Core Four" once that time comes.  No lie, I might shed some Suzyn tears when Jeter and Rivera retire.

Supposedly, Steiner Sports is already peddling Pettitte memorabilia. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

29bjyau.jpg

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

Originally Posted by SCuse7

12 million wasn't enough? I love the guy, but thats pretty +$@%!%@ greedy
Relax, don't believe everything you read, especially a post on NT with no article attached. I highly doubt $12 mill wasn't enough..if an offer was even made. 
It won't set in till the press conference tomorrow morning but I'm really going to miss Andy. Core four is now core three 
frown.gif

Trust me bro, I don't just post !**@ just to make my post count go up
laugh.gif
I always have an article, it's been in the rumor section of MLB for the last couple days thought I've been posting those regularly in the MLB offseason thread or thought I posted it in here.  Here's an NYT article.
The Yankees’ frustrating off-season took another discouraging turn with the news Thursday that Andy Pettitte would retire. Pettitte called Hal Steinbrenner, the team’s managing general partner, to tell him his plans. The Yankees confirmed in a news release that Pettitte would make a formal announcement on Friday at 10:30 a.m. at Yankee Stadium.

The Yankees had hoped that Pettitte, 38, would continue pitching, and they were prepared to pay him $12 million or more to come back. But after missing two months last summer with a groin injury, Pettitte has decided to end his 16-year career.

After failing to sign the free-agent Cliff Lee, the Yankees badly wanted Pettitte back to solidify a rotation that is shaky beyond C. C. Sabathia, Phil Hughes and the erratic A. J. Burnett. Pettitte was an All-Star last season, when he was 11-3 with a 3.28 earned run average, and like Mike Mussina in 2008, he retires near the top of his game.

Pettitte is married with four children and lives in Deer Park, Tex. But he often said his family enjoyed spending summers in Westchester County, and Manager Joe Girardi recently said that Pettitte had been throwing this off-season.

But General Manager Brian Cashman has been doubtful all along. Cashman said Pettitte had told him not to count on him for 2011, and he proceeded under that assumption.

“At this stage, he’s decided not to pitch,

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

Originally Posted by SCuse7

12 million wasn't enough? I love the guy, but thats pretty +$@%!%@ greedy
Relax, don't believe everything you read, especially a post on NT with no article attached. I highly doubt $12 mill wasn't enough..if an offer was even made. 
It won't set in till the press conference tomorrow morning but I'm really going to miss Andy. Core four is now core three 
frown.gif

Trust me bro, I don't just post !**@ just to make my post count go up
laugh.gif
I always have an article, it's been in the rumor section of MLB for the last couple days thought I've been posting those regularly in the MLB offseason thread or thought I posted it in here.  Here's an NYT article.
The Yankees’ frustrating off-season took another discouraging turn with the news Thursday that Andy Pettitte would retire. Pettitte called Hal Steinbrenner, the team’s managing general partner, to tell him his plans. The Yankees confirmed in a news release that Pettitte would make a formal announcement on Friday at 10:30 a.m. at Yankee Stadium.

The Yankees had hoped that Pettitte, 38, would continue pitching, and they were prepared to pay him $12 million or more to come back. But after missing two months last summer with a groin injury, Pettitte has decided to end his 16-year career.

After failing to sign the free-agent Cliff Lee, the Yankees badly wanted Pettitte back to solidify a rotation that is shaky beyond C. C. Sabathia, Phil Hughes and the erratic A. J. Burnett. Pettitte was an All-Star last season, when he was 11-3 with a 3.28 earned run average, and like Mike Mussina in 2008, he retires near the top of his game.

Pettitte is married with four children and lives in Deer Park, Tex. But he often said his family enjoyed spending summers in Westchester County, and Manager Joe Girardi recently said that Pettitte had been throwing this off-season.

But General Manager Brian Cashman has been doubtful all along. Cashman said Pettitte had told him not to count on him for 2011, and he proceeded under that assumption.

“At this stage, he’s decided not to pitch,

when rivera retires i'm locking myself in the room, no lights, tv off, phones off, all that.

when rivera retires i'm locking myself in the room, no lights, tv off, phones off, all that.

frown.gif

but the day when Jeter and Rivera retire, that would feel so surreal

it seem like it was only yesterday that they won their first championship together when I was in junior high school

frown.gif

but the day when Jeter and Rivera retire, that would feel so surreal

it seem like it was only yesterday that they won their first championship together when I was in junior high school

was just gonna come in ask if that decision is based on the money offered, or a legit desire to retire. if he turned down 12 million, well damn.

was just gonna come in ask if that decision is based on the money offered, or a legit desire to retire. if he turned down 12 million, well damn.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

what time is the news conference to announce his retirement
Slated for 10:30 EST this morning. So, any minute now.

-Andy said his body is ready to pitch, but his heart isn't looking to anymore.
-Andy also said that he knows he would need to do more than just pitch every fifth day for this team, and can't commit to that.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

what time is the news conference to announce his retirement
Slated for 10:30 EST this morning. So, any minute now.

-Andy said his body is ready to pitch, but his heart isn't looking to anymore.
-Andy also said that he knows he would need to do more than just pitch every fifth day for this team, and can't commit to that.

if ppl think this wont make us aggressive by the trade deadline, u are sadly mistaken

especially if by the deadline we are something like 7 games out of 1st

if ppl think this wont make us aggressive by the trade deadline, u are sadly mistaken

especially if by the deadline we are something like 7 games out of 1st

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by briannnnn

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

now if only CC would retire
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

He has the option to opt out after this season for a longer deal
laugh.gif

BTW, I don't know if Andy really did decline the $12 million I just know it was out there as an offer.

Back
Top Bottom