Official Next-Gen Gaming Thread: Xbox 720 DEVELOPMENT KITS LEAKED !

^ impressive compared against the wii. not sure how much i'll like that controller though.

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

^ impressive compared against the wii. not sure how much i'll like that controller though.

you can use older controllers with the system, plus the cool thing is that you can transfer the game from the tv to the portable controller, you know just incase you got kids etc... and you want to watch tv they can still play the game uninterrupted.

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

ps4-game-console-design.jpg

nerd.gif

That rendering looks like the damn scale in the bathroom

So when DX 11 games start come out the 720 will eventually produce better looking titles ? It's crazy how a card released 3 years prior has better performance than the newer one.

Those cards DO NOT DO NOT have better performance. Comparative to the new cards nowadays such as the 7970 the cards are VERY LOW END. Those cards are used because their decent and cheap to produce. The games played on them will be optimized completely for that system and card. Developers will code completely based around that card not optimize the games for the card series like on PC.

Corny acting but...

Touch screen hover drones and picking a spot to regroup? 

I think im going to like this next gen
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Those cards DO NOT DO NOT have better performance. Comparative to the new cards nowadays such as the 7970 the cards are VERY LOW END. Those cards are used because their decent and cheap to produce. The games played on them will be optimized completely for that system and card. Developers will code completely based around that card not optimize the games for the card series like on PC.

I feel you. The PS3 and 360's GPU's are terrible compared to the mid to high end cards of today but still we see games like Uncharted 3 and GOW 3 that blow us away 6 to 7 years after the system being on the market. I'm starting to warm up to this next generation mainly because full 1080p 60pfs will make a huge difference.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

So when DX 11 games start come out the 720 will eventually produce better looking titles ?
nope, all DX11 adds is tessellation and i doubt any new system will use tessellation
2414527.jpg

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Correct, but we sometimes do develop over the system specs and scale down. That can lead to trouble: a la Halo 2.

Originally Posted by sole vintage

So when DX 11 games start come out the 720 will eventually produce better looking titles ?
nope, all DX11 adds is tessellation and i doubt any new system will use tessellation

The 720 will do tessellation and AA

[h2][/h2]
[h2]TimeSplitters 4 in development for next Xbox and PlayStation.[/h2]

Microsoft is gearing up to announce the successor to the Xbox 360 at E3 2012, and Crytek is already developing a new TimeSplitters game for the next generation of consoles, VideoGamer.com can reveal.

Specifications for the new machine have not been finalised, but Crytek is using Microsoft's DirectX 11 as the current basis for next-generation development. Tessellation, multithreaded rendering, and compute shaders are the three headlining features for DirectX 11.

The Crysis 2 developer says that Microsoft will announce the existence of a new Xbox within the next 12 months, hinting that an E3 2012 reveal is likely. Crytek believes that Microsoft will announce and launch its new machine ahead of rival Sony, though the developer is also investing resources into next-generation PlayStation development.

The information was detailed to VideoGamer.com by a high-ranking industry source at Crytek, who stated that TimeSplitters 4 is currently being demonstrated internally, is being built with CryEngine 3, and was being shown privately in video form at E3 2011.

Crytek UK, who produced the other three games in the series as Free Radical, is still handling the development.

Both Microsoft and Crytek declined to comment.

The source reports that the graphics on TimeSplitters 4 are noticeably improved over current generation technology, with the DX11 tessellation effects allegedly having a huge impact on the visuals. Crytek believes that the game - and CryEngine 3 itself - will be seen as the cornerstone of next-generation development.

Crytek has invested heavily in DirectX 11 development primarily to focus on the new consoles, with the upcoming DX11 patch for the PC version of Crysis 2 being used internally as a benchmark of anticipated hardware trends.

As for the game itself, the new TimeSplitters is reported to focus on the series' branching paths and exploratory nature, with sandbox-style gameplay elements a big priority. The current goal is for levels to feature multiple routes that lead to the same overall conclusion.

Speculation about TimeSplitters 4 has been running since 2007. Since its initial announcement the game was even pegged to be a Wii-exclusive before languishing in development hell and being put on hiatus in 2009.

360 already has tessellation built into the xenos but from what ive read, its  a PITA to use

itll exist in all the new systems but will be up to the developer to make use of, it just wont be something thats automatically implemented for all games

Can't wait for the Xbox 1080.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

They really need to stop making these dumb chronological names for their systems.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

360 already has tessellation built into the xenos but from what ive read, its  a PITA to use

itll exist in all the new systems but will be up to the developer to make use of, it just wont be something thats automatically implemented for all games
true but they promised 1080p and 60fps for this gen and almost no game can do both at the sometime, unless if its an XBLA or PSN title. i see it has if they couldn't deliver with the whole 60fps promise tessellation should be

the last thing they should aim for

true but they promised 1080p and 60fps for this gen and almost no game can do both at the sometime, unless if its an XBLA or PSN title. i see it has if they couldn't deliver with the whole 60fps promise tessellation should be

Hey, if one title delivered it then it's working as intended! Ok?

laugh.gif

but it seems like youre only aware of tessellation as its used on pc today which is as a "lazy" detail enhancer as seen in the unigine photos above

tessellation has much broader uses which are yet to be expored in terms of design, for instance im sure youve see that samaritan demo - the part where the guys face changes to a robot is tesselation

do you guys really like that outdated ergonomics of the PS controller. it was cool when dual analog layout came out for ps1. but its motha-fing 2012. the positioning of the analog sticks dating back to xbox 1 was huge in performance. esp with the s-controller (smaller version). i hate using dual analog on ps3 because it is so inferior to layout of the 360.

if new PS stil has same layout. that is FTL.

Originally Posted by EuGeNiLe GTS

do you guys really like that outdated ergonomics of the PS controller. it was cool when dual analog layout came out for ps1. but its motha-fing 2012. the positioning of the analog sticks dating back to xbox 1 was huge in performance. esp with the s-controller (smaller version). i hate using dual analog on ps3 because it is so inferior to layout of the 360.

I have a 360 and a PS3, and imo the PS3 controller is much more comfortable to use due to its light weight. Even if a game has better graphics on the 360, I'll buy the PS3 version just because I don't like the 360 controller and also because I don't want to keep buying battery packs. You probably have larger hands so the 360 controller is better for you

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by EuGeNiLe GTS

I have a 360 and a PS3, and imo the PS3 controller is much more comfortable to use due to its light weight. Even if a game has better graphics on the 360, I'll buy the PS3 version just because I don't like the 360 controller and also because I don't want to keep buying battery packs. You probably have larger hands so the 360 controller is better for you
I have the exact opposite experience as you do. I used to prefer the ps2 to the xbox controller simply because there was an R2 and L2. When the 360 controller came out I was so amped.

Also, I use to be a control pad>>>>Joystiq guy. After the 360 came out I switched that up as well. I hope they come out with a bigger ps3 controller.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Report: No Used Games on Next Xbox[/h1][h2]A bold move...but is Microsoft willing to compromise its consumer base?[/h2][h2] January 25, 2012[/h2]

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1217257p1.html#

by Mitch Dyer

Rumor has it the next-generation Xbox may limit exactly what kind of games you're allowed to play. According to sources speaking to Kotaku, the Xbox 360's successor will have some kind of anti-used-game enforcement. There's no explanation of what that means, but speculation surrounding the issue says the console could outright reject used-games altogether.

la-noire-20110621092430533_1327535482.jpg

LA Noire used an online pass this generation. Would you buy an Xbox 3 if you couldn't play its sequel used?

Online passes are a recent staple in staving off used sales. Limiting what used buyers can access is a protective measure for publishers, much to the chagrin of parts of the gaming community. Chris Kohler of Wired argues that the death of used games is inevitable, and passes are the first step toward something exactly like a native anti-used game something integrated into consoles. He notes, of course, that digital is the future of buying games, but in the meantime we may be looking at "an interim period in which the disc as a delivery method is still around but...becomes more like a PC game, which are sold with one-time-use keys that grant one owner a license to play the game on his machine."

For all we know, if this is legitimate, such a theoretical link between a Gamertag and new game would simply negate the need for online pass redemption codes in every game. This alleged feature comes alongside talks that the Xbox 3 will also turn to blu-ray for its primary format.

Until Microsoft officially unveils details about its much-rumored new device, we're relying on speculation with strong rhetoric to figure out the future of gaming. Would a console permanently banning of used-games be a deal-breaker for you?

via Kotaku.

indifferent.gif

no used games?? so you can't even let a friend borrow a game. wow. plus i dont know how it would be possible unless theres some type of write to disc feature or registering disc that would require connection to the internet.

PS definitely needs an update of the controller. I also buy games for xbox instead of ps3 because of the controller. the triggers on the ps3 controller are the worst.

Back
Top Bottom