Official NFL Free Agency Thread....vol. 12:01

Originally Posted by Copp 2 Of Em

I'm hearing Vilma for a 3rd rounder?
I have heard that rumor the most.

I have also heard Big Fatty to NYJ, Robertson to DEN and Foxworth and a 2nd to DET on top of that.

O MY GOD. The Raiders signed Tommy Kelly to a 7 yr 50 million dollar deal
eek.gif

Albert Haynesworth is LOVIN IT!

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

O MY GOD. The Raiders signed Tommy Kelly to a 7 yr 50 million dollar deal
eek.gif

Albert Haynesworth is LOVIN IT!

WOW. News to me. Although, Tommy Kelly has shown he can be very productive when healthy. Plus he's young and my take is that he will be put at DT.Especially if we re-sign Clemons and we already have Burgess at DE as well. Tommy Kelly and Turdell Sands and Gerard Warren at DT. Interesting, I'm notsure how this affects us in the draft. Do we still take Dorsey or Ellis if available or hope Chris Long falls to us or possibly Jake Long or reach on VernonGholston. I think that officially takes us out of the running for Dorsey and Ellis. I wouldnt be surprised to see us take Gholston. Very Interesting...

and yeah, I guess Al has a secret vendetta against the Titans. Although, the Bucs may end up doing us the same way.

Oh and Gunna, you can't have Gibril Wilson. My Raiders need to fill SS ASAP. I would like to see us make a run at either Bernard Berrian or Bryant Johnsonand Gibril Wilson.

Bears | Berrian turns down $25 million offer
Thu, 28 Feb 2008 05:50:22 -0800

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports Chicago Bears WR Bernard Berrian, who is soon-to-be an unrestricted free agent, was offered a five-year deal fromthe Bears worth $25 million. The deal included $8 million in the form of a signing bonus. Berrian, however, turned the proposal down and will test thefree-agent water.

KFFL - Hot off the Wire - NFL Breaking News, Notes and Fantasy Football Information

This dude wants waaaay too much money. Forget that. I say my Raiders should target Bryant Johnson and DJ Hackett. A helluva lot cheaper especially consideringthe boatload of money we just gave Tommy Kelly.

I just seen on ESPN bottom line that tommy kelly got a 7 year 50 million dollar deal and almost fell out of my chair laughing

Albert Haynesworth is going to BREAK THE BANK

You have to ask yourself, is Tommy Kelly better or going to be better than Sedrick Ellis or Glen Dorsey.

thanks for making this thread, it's a lot more specific than the other one.
i'm hyped about this potential vilma/rogers trade rumor...shaun rogers and gholston would be a good look in NY.
laugh.gif
@ Tommy Kelly, he got the defensive tackle market going nuts now.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

You have to ask yourself, is Tommy Kelly better or going to be better than Sedrick Ellis or Glen Dorsey.

But neither one of those guys are going to help by themselves against the run. Dorsey and Ellis are 1 gap Defensive Tackles. We need someone to take up spaceand fill 2 gaps. Not to mention, Dorsey has struggled with his healthy recently, namely his fibia and his back and back problems don't heal quickly. AndEllis may be too small to be a true NT.

I don't see us taking a DT in the first round because none of those guys are two gap defenders. We already have Gerard Warren (good when healthy), TerdellSands (ehh, good when motivated), and now Tommy Kelly. If we want a two gap defender, I could see us taking Okam/Moore with our 4th round pick.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Nowitness or other Cowboys fans...

Have you found that some of your fans have become so attached to Barber that they think he's just flat out a better player than DMac?

Straight up, w/o picks involved?

Because one's I know have that stuck in their head
laugh.gif
allen, you are right that many of us have become attached to Barber...
In fact, the guy is my favorite player in the entire NFL...

but I have to disagree with what you think towards DMAC...
the guy hasn't taken a snap in the NFL and you are already saying he is better than an NFL Pro bowler???

come on man, Barber deserves all the love....
guy fights on every play

guys a mofoin BEAST

Not exactly saying that...

but, how many years of him being the guy can he take?? I wouldn't think too many.

And I'm not saying I expect it, but yeah...I could see DMac comin in and having that type of impact from Day 1

I think if the Cowboys somehow land McFadden, they will have one of the better 1-2 combo's in the entire NFL. D-Mac is a LEGIT homerun threat everytime hetouches the ball. IMO, his skill-set is much greater than MB3. They both bring different things to the table, but McFadden has the potential to be a top 5 RBin the NFL. He is about as complete a package of a RB that has come in the NFL in a long time. I love Barber's game, but I just don't see his bodykeeping up after another 2-3 years. The way he runs the ball is too punishing, and with all the additional contact he enjoys/takes, it will take a toll on thenumber of years he plays in the L. Defenses would straight up fear having to face D-Mac after getting worn down by Barber on previous carries. As a NFC Eastrival, I hope that this move doesn't happen. The Cowboys offense was sick enough as it was. This would be another weapon in their potent attack.

so ur okay with the ******** picking someone who didnt kill in Conference USA and didnt dominate his own position and has flip flopped between RB and WR for 3 yrs? U would be okay with taking him in round 1?
this dude is Lorenzo Booker with a lil more Speed.

U cant take "situational" players in Round 1.
Hell no if the ******** took him Id flip the #%$+ out. They got way to many needs to fill. But if all the top CB's are off the board and saythe Giants only had Brandon Jacobs then maybe I could stomach it.

But this is all moot he aint going in round one unless some one is trying to lose their job.

The other rumor is the Cowboys make a serious play for Burner Turner, and pair him with Barber, negating the need for a RB through the draft all together...That's another move I'd be really happy wi

Originally Posted by allen3xis

"Word around the league" is that the Jets have already negotiated a deal for free agent Alan Faneca that would guarantee him about $20 million."

I knew he was going to be expensive, but I think he's worth it. Faneca is what, 31? And a 7 time Pro-Bowler? The Jets have the money to spend, and itshould start with signing Faneca.

Barber got the highest tender

IRVING, Texas - With free agency officially beginning at 11:01 p.m. (CST) Thursday night, the Cowboys have already met anotherdeadline.

The club has sent one-year tender offers to three restricted free agents, including running back Marion Barber, who received the highesttender available.

The Cowboys beat the NFL's 3 p.m. deadline to send out restricted offers and tendered Barber with a one-year contract of $2.562 million. He is free tonegotiate with other clubs and can sign an offer sheet. The Cowboys would then have seven days to match the deal and if they chose to pass, they would receivea first- and third-round draft pick in return.

The club also gave defensive end Chris Canty a tender of $2.017 million. The Cowboys would get a first-round draft pick if he signs withanother team and they chose not to match.

The Cowboys gave the original draft tender to guard Joe Berger, worth $927,000. But they chose not to tender running back TysonThompson, which likely ends his three-year stint with the club.

In other news, the Cowboys have officially signed linebacker Zach Thomas to a four-year deal worth nearly $19 million. However, it willlikely end up as the one-year deal that was reported over the weekend. Thomas can easily void the deal down to just one year. With a $1 million base and a $1million signing bonus, Thomas will now count $1.25 on this year's salary cap. If the contract is voided down to one season, Thomas will also likely earnanother $1 million in incentives.

Thomas missed most of the 2007 season after suffering a concussion against the Cowboys back in Week 2. Ironically, the player Thomas collided with on theplay he was injured was fullback Oliver Hoyte, who was released by the Cowboys on Thursday.

Hoyte was also injured in that game, sustaining a neck injury that sidelined him for the next six weeks. Hoyte spent the last two years as the Cowboys'starting fullback after making the team as a rookie free-agent linebacker in 2006. The Cowboys switched him to fullback early in his rookie season.

The Cowboys could sign Thomas before the start of free agency because he was released from his original team. Teams can start negotiating with allunrestricted and restricted free agents once the free-agent signing period begins Thursday night.

And when that happens, left tackle Flozell Adams will officially hit the open market unless the Cowboys can work out a new deal beforethen. The club has continued talks with Adams' agent Jordan Woy on Thursday. Team owner Jerry Jones has stated this week the Cowboys are interested inre-signing Adams, who turns 33 in May.

Adams is one of five unrestricted free agents who can test the waters, along with running back Julius Jones, cornerbacks NateJones and Jacques Reeves and safety Keith Davis.

Who in the hell is Tommy Kelly and what has he done to getting that kind of money?

I dont want Keith Davis to leave but i know he wants to be a starting safety. I dont know how to take the Barber offer, is that a good sign or a bad sign. Iwould also like to keep flozell also.

Fellow Eagles Fans what do you guys think?? Does dude have anything left??
Rams released WR Isaac Bruce.

The Rams asked Bruce to take a pay cut and he refused. The Rams have got themselves into awful cap condition with poor free agent signings the past few seasons, and now have to cut their most tenured player. Bruce has plenty left to in the tank, and will instantly be on San Francisco's radar. If the Rams are smart, they'll make him another contract offer. Feb. 28 - 4:50 pm et
Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch

The Rams asked Bruce to take a pay cut and he refused. The Rams have got themselves into awful cap condition with poor free agent signings the past few seasons, and now have to cut their most tenured player. Bruce has plenty left to in the tank, and will instantly be on San Francisco's radar. If the Rams are smart, they'll make him another contract offer. Feb. 28 - 4:50 pm et

smh.gif
the 2nd yr in a Row they did Rev. dirty, If I was him, I'd Jet too.

Dude playin Good ball.

Originally Posted by coming of age 32

Fellow Eagles Fans what do you guys think?? Does dude have anything left??

Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch
Come to the Niners Rev...
happy.gif
You can reunite with Mr. Martz
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom