Official NFL Offseason Thread

Chads contract is nice, he is going to get his money regardless. i want him to get traded but i hope he doesnt sit out though.

Maybe because you are a WR.......just line up at a TE spot at times
I hear you because he is as skilled as half the WRs in the NFL but He helped pave the way for a 1300 yard rusher this yr. that says alot for thestrides he made to try and become a complete tight end

NFL May Change Tune With Radio for Defense

By Mark Maske
Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, February 9, 2008; Page E01
The NFL's reaction to the spying scandal involving the New England Patriots will include a renewed push this offseason to persuade owners to approve a proposal that would allow one defensive player per team to be connected to a coach on the sideline during games via a wireless communication device, officials said.

The rule would put offenses and defenses on an even footing because each quarterback already is outfitted with a helmet receiver connecting him to a coach during games. It would eliminate the need for coaches to signal in defensive plays from the sideline and, thus, eliminate the possibility of those signals being stolen by an opponent.

The proposal would have to be approved by 24 of the 32 owners to be enacted next season, and likely will be recommended by the NFL's competition committee and put to a vote at the annual league meeting that begins March 30 in Palm Beach, Fla.

"It's safe to say you will see some sort of proposal, yes," said Atlanta Falcons President Rich McKay, the co-chairman of the competition committee.

The proposal fell two votes shy of being ratified by the owners last March, and McKay said he's optimistic that it will be approved this time.

"I hope so," McKay said by telephone from Atlanta. "I would hope we would get it without just that [the spying scandal] being the impetus. We tried in the past to get it passed, and we got close. We were two or three votes away the last couple years. I hope now it gets passed."

The owner of one NFL team said this week he expects the proposal to be supported by the league office and passed by the owners in the aftermath of the Spygate scandal, in which the Patriots were punished for illegally videotaping the play signals of New York Jets coaches in the opening game of the just-completed season.

"That should push this [approval of the proposal] over the top," said the owner, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the controversial nature of the topic and the recent congressional interest in it. "If there are no defensive signals, there's nothing to steal and nothing to videotape. I'm sure the league will want this and that should get it done."

Under the proposal, one defensive player would have a radio receiver in his helmet to hear a coach's play calls. One objection raised by some teams to the proposal in the past is that the rule might be difficult for game officials to administer.

Unlike the quarterback, who generally plays the entire game, most defensive players leave the field regularly as part of a team's substitution pattern. The question has been whether more than one defensive player should have a helmet with a radio. If only one player's helmet has one, opponents to the proposal have wondered, what happens when he's not in the game? And if more than one defensive player's helmet has a radio, will officials be expected to monitor that only one of those players is in the game at a time?

The proposal received 22 approval votes last spring, two short of being ratified. The year before that, it received 18 votes.

"This last time, I think some of the offensive coaches didn't think it was necessary," McKay said. "They did not feel the playing field needed to be leveled. The time before that, I think it had to do with people wanting to see how it would be administered and having concerns about whether it would work with only one defensive player being designated."

McKay said the members of the competition committee might tweak the proposal to address teams' concerns before it's presented to the owners in Palm Beach.

"We'll have to see if the proposal changes at all," McKay said. "We have to study it and talk about it first. We'll look at the surveys we get every year from the teams."

In September, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell fined the Patriots $250,000 and their coach, Bill Belichick, $500,000. Goodell also stripped a first-round draft pick in the spring from the team. The Spygate scandal received renewed attention last week when Sen. Arlen Specter (R-Pa.) criticized the league's investigation and questioned Goodell's decision to have the six videotapes that were turned over to the league by the Patriots destroyed. Plans are being made for Goodell to meet with Specter next week.

League officials also are arranging to interview former Patriots video assistant Matt Walsh after the Boston Herald reported last weekend that the Patriots videotaped a St. Louis Rams walk-through before the teams met in the Super Bowl at the conclusion of the 2001 season. The Patriots have denied the allegation and Goodell has said there's no evidence to support it.

Whatever the Patriots did or didn't do in the past, part of the league's aim is to make it more difficult to gain an improper competitive edge in the future. But McKay said the competition committee wanted to see this proposal ratified long before spying became such an issue.

"Our feeling was, it wasn't so much concern over signs being stolen," McKay said. "It was not so much driven by that. It was just making things go smoother. It was kind of silly for people to be holding up signs and things like that. In some people's minds, it might be about sign-stealing. But in our minds, it's not. It's not driven by all of this that has happened. We've been going down this path a long time before all of this happened."

Originally Posted by thetruth03

are the niners looking to spend anymore money this offseason?

Oh yeah, still have a little over $30 mil to spend this offseason. Have to resign Marques Douglas, but other than that, should be straight.

Big names they're going to target (from what I've heard) are Jared Allen, Lance Briggs and Bernard Berrian.

Bernard Berrian.
If I was a 9er fan I'd be
tech_frustrated.jpg

so picking up bum #** Darrel Jackson wasnt enough, they wanna go after another 2nd rate WR.
smh.gif

Better off just drafting a WR than signing Berrian.

^ Trust me Gunna, u think I want any part of James Hardy, Darrell Jackson or Bernard Berrian? Good lord
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

The worst part is, this years free agent WR class is so thin, I can almost guarantee the 49ers will pick Berrians lame-duck self up.
Berrian
Bryant Johnson
Andre Davis
Jerry Porter
Devery Fumble Fingers Henderson
Keary Colbert
Ernest Wilford
... the list goes on and on.

Make a move for Ocho-Cinco, Larry Fitz or somethin. Mike Martz is gonna lose his mind, and Gore is gonna be TIRED by the end of next season.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

^U just choose to interpret it that way. he didnt pull a Sprewell, he said he wants to be made happy. If you feel you are the best at what you do, dont u think u should be paid as tho u are? and that relates to any job, industry or sport.

capt.d4ce161a30ee4f7aa5db291c60fc4fa6.pro_bowl_football_hips132.jpg

wat a piimp...

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

^ Trust me Gunna, u think I want any part of James Hardy, Darrell Jackson or Bernard Berrian? Good lord
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

The worst part is, this years free agent WR class is so thin, I can almost guarantee the 49ers will pick Berrians lame-duck self up.
Berrian
Bryant Johnson
Andre Davis
Jerry Porter
Keary Colbert
Ernest Wilford

Make a move for Ocho-Cinco, Larry Fitz or somethin. Mike Martz is gonna lose his mind, and Gore is gonna be TIRED by the end of next season.

you guys can always make a move for "Marques Colston"

IF the Niners were smart they would try and get some of the Martz plaers that are still withthe lions. S. McDonald, M. Furrey or even T. Walters. I would givethe niners McDonald for a 5th rounder. He wes the go to guy last year in our offense and seems to be the perfect fit.

Ex-Seattle QB Zorn hired as head coach for ********

Associated Press

Updated: February 9, 2008, 10:58 PM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

Jim Zorn Hired as ******** Head Coach

WASHINGTON -- The Washington ******** hired Jim Zorn as their coach Saturday night, a surprise ending to a month-long search for a replacement for Joe Gibbs.

The former Seattle Seahawks quarterback was promoted to head coach Saturday night two weeks after being hired as the offensive coordinator, bringing an end to a secretive process that tried fans' patience and produced a new coaching favorite every week.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Zorn's new contract is for five years and approximately $15 million. Zorn will be introduced at a news conference at noon Sunday.

"I've always dreamed of being a head coach with a franchise rich in tradition like the ********," Zorn said in a statement released by the team. "As a player who had to fight ******** teams at RFK as well as at our home field, I know about the history of this franchise as well as the passion of its fans. I won't let you down."

Zorn was the Seahawks' quarterbacks coach for the last seven years, helping develop Matt Hasselbeck into a Pro Bowl player, but he had never been a coordinator for an NFL team until the ******** came calling. Now he's making the jump to head coach.

"We're proud that our search was diligent, thorough, and resulted in today's announcement," owner Dan Snyder said. "Jim's track record and reputation as a player, great teacher, and as a coach makes us confident that they will translate to success for the ********."

Hashmarks: Tough Transition

Jim Zorn was known in Seattle as a hands-on, effective offensive coordinator who gets along well with his players. But is he ready to take on the responsibility of a head coach? Mike Sando

Zorn becomes the sixth coach under Snyder, who bought the team in 1999, and he ends a string of high-profile coaching hires by an owner who had developed a reputation for hiring top names at a top price. Snyder's last three coaches were Marty Schottenheimer, Steve Spurrier and Gibbs. None had a cumulative winning record, although Gibbs took the ******** to the playoffs in two of his four seasons before his resignation Jan. 8.

Zorn's hiring came after Snyder held marathon sessions with a variety of candidates. Two prominent names, Jim Mora and Steve Spagnuolo, withdrew from consideration to remain with their own teams. Jim Fassel had multiple interviews, but fans were seething when word got out that the former New York Giants coach was a possible finalist.

Others who didn't fit the bill for a variety of reasons included Steve Mariucci, Ron Meeks, Pete Carroll and Jim Schwartz. ******** assistant Gregg Williams had the support of many players, but he had been unsuccessful in his previous stint as a head coach in Buffalo and was fired after meeting four times with Snyder about the job.

Meanwhile, during several of the interviews, candidates mentioned Zorn as a favorable possibility as an offensive coordinator to replace Al Saunders, whose offense had been a disappointment for the last two years.

In the statement released by the team, Snyder -- who has been widely criticized during the coaching search -- went into detail to explain how Zorn ended up with the top job.

"We knew of Jim's stellar offensive reputation, so we hired him as coordinator, but we also suspected he would be a strong candidate for head coach," Snyder said. "After our first six-hour interview with him, I told Joe [Gibbs], 'This guy would make a terrific head coach.' But we stayed true to our commitment to interview every candidate."

Cutting Their Teeth In D.C.

After a month-long search to replace coach Joe Gibbs, the ******** hired Seattle quarterbacks' coach Jim Zorn. Zorn is also the fifth Washington coach since 1970 to lead the ******** with no prior NFL head coaching experience.
******** Hiring Head Coaches With No Prior Head Coach Experience, Since 1970 Coach (1st season) W-L record in 1st season Number of winning seasons
Jim Zorn (2008) ? ?
Steve Spurrier (2002) 7-9 0
Norv Turner (1994) 3-13 3
Richie Petitbon (1993) 4-12 0
Joe Gibbs (1981) 8-8 13

The ******** had to wait until the Super Bowl was played to interview their final candidate, Giants defensive coordinator Spagnuolo. After Spagnuolo announced Thursday that he'd rather stay with the Giants -- who gave him a new three-year, $6 million contract -- Snyder said he invited Zorn to lunch.

"I told him we were considering him as the next head coach, and asked if he wanted to move forward. Without hesitation he said 'absolutely,' and that's all I needed to hear," Snyder said. "We spent two days taking Jim through the same interview process as every other candidate. Those sessions only confirmed my earlier comment to Joe: Jim Zorn will be a terrific head coach."

In his new role, Zorn will have plenty of guidance. Snyder kept most of Gibbs' staff intact, including veteran assistants Joe Bugel and Greg Blache. Blache was promoted to take charge of the defense after Williams was fired.

"Those guys have been around," Gibbs said from the garage area at Daytona International Speedway, where his team was preparing to compete in Saturday night's Budweiser Shootout exhibition race. "So what they did is continuity-wise, they kept the coaching staff and the support group and the training group and everybody, so he's in a real solid [situation]."

Zorn takes over a team that went 9-7, snatching the NFC's final wild card berth on the last weekend of the regular season, before losing to Seattle in the first round of the playoffs. The team is also well above the salary cap, although it has already started to address that problem by opening contract renegotiations with some of its highest-paid players.

The offense will undergo an overhaul under Zorn, who is expected to install a version of the West Coast attack. He will also have to sell himself to players who have expressed disappointment that the job didn't go to Williams, who has been hired as defensive coordinator of the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Zorn is a longtime local favorite in Seattle. He was the franchise's original starting quarterback in 1976, played nine seasons with the team and is in the Seahawks' Ring of Honor. He returned as an offensive assistant from 1997-98 and again as quarterbacks coach in 2001.

He also coached in college for nine years as a quarterbacks coach or offensive coordinator at Boise State, Utah State and Minnesota. In between his coaching stints in Seattle, he spent two years coaching quarterbacks with the Detroit Lions.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

[h2]Dolphins Release Nine Players[/h2]February 11, 2008

The Miami Dolphins today terminated the contracts of wide receiver Marty Booker, quarterback Trent Green, tackle L.J. Shelton and defensive tackle KeithTraylor, the team announced. In addition, the team waived tackle Anthony Alabi, defensive tackle Anthony Bryant, tackle Marion Dukes, defensive tackle MarquayLove and tackle Joe Toledo.

"This is never easy, especially since all of these players worked hard during their tenure here," Dolphins General Manager Jeff Ireland said."In particular, in the case of each of the veterans, it's especially difficult to release players who have been productive and valued members of theorganization. However, we feel these decisions are in the best interest of the team.

"I want to thank all of them for their contributions to the Dolphins and wish them good luck."

not really a surprise that Trent Green was getting the boot. over pay for a mediocre QB and thats what you got. mark my words, they will start saying Dolphinsafe Tuna in the next few months with all the restructuring going on. No one is safe except for the horrible choice of T. Ginn as their 1st rounder and thelast draft class.

[h1]Panthers release injury-prone linebacker Morgan, guard Wahle[/h1]
Associated Press

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Carolina Panthers released injury-prone linebacker Dan Morgan and guard Mike Wahle on Monday in the first of many expected changes during the offseason.

[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]

Morgan was Carolina's first-round pick in 2001, but played in only 59 of 112 games with the Panthers because of numerous injuries, including at least five concussions. He missed the final 13 games last season with a partially torn right Achilles' tendon.
Wahle started all 16 games last season at left guard. He turns 30 next month and the Panthers clear salary cap space with his release.

Dan Morgan never fulfilled to be a top LB in the NFL due to several injuries Dude should call it quits.

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

[h1]Panthers release injury-prone linebacker Morgan, guard Wahle[/h1]
Associated Press

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Carolina Panthers released injury-prone linebacker Dan Morgan and guard Mike Wahle on Monday in the first of many expected changes during the offseason.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Morgan was Carolina's first-round pick in 2001, but played in only 59 of 112 games with the Panthers because of numerous injuries, including at least five concussions. He missed the final 13 games last season with a partially torn right Achilles' tendon.
Wahle started all 16 games last season at left guard. He turns 30 next month and the Panthers clear salary cap space with his release.

Dan Morgan never fulfilled to be a top LB in the NFL due to several injuries Dude should call it quits.

I miss Wahle.

Look at how foul the NFL is.
This Dude Dan Morgan came back all those times from Concussions to help out the wack %+@ panthers out of LB their dire needs and these cats cut him soon as hehas one healthy season so he cant file an injury grievance.

smh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Look at how foul the NFL is.
This Dude Dan Morgan came back all those times from Concussions to help out the wack %+@ panthers out of LB their dire needs and these cats cut him soon as he has one healthy season so he cant file an injury grievance.

smh.gif
Don't even get me started on the NFL and how they treat injured/retired players... billion dollar industry that keeps getting bigger and bigger,and these dudes from the 50's-now who wern't gettin paid like these modern day athletes can't even walk, got bad backs, concussions, it's sad.

It ain't like Morgan was out there doin crazy %%%# in his free time, dude got 5 concussions playin hard during the games. If he did some stupid shh on theweekend and got jackd up, that's one thing.

Im gonna stop.

Originally Posted by IM LIKE PELE

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Berrian
Bryant Johnson
Andre Davis
Jerry Porter
Keary Colbert
Ernest Wilford

you guys can always make a move for "Marques Colston"

Jerry Porter = money if you get him out of oakland

I'm not the biggest Berrian fan like the rest of you but unless the 49ers are working on a deal to bring one of the rumored disgruntled receivers then heis pretty much the only way to improve the offense, and is a great fit for the Mike Martz style. If the 49ers don't get Berrian, they will be stuck with 2slower WR's in Darrel Jackson and Arnaz Battle who can't get vertical and don't really fit with what Martz likes to do on offense. I'm hopingthe Patriots can't retain Stallworth and he becomes available and the 49ers sign both him and Berrian. A WR corps of Stallworth, Berrian, and Ashley Leliecan be very effective in a Mike Martz offense and throw in Vernon Davis at TE and this passing game will be respectable again.

HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

key points:

-Trying to bring in Chad Johnson
-Want to add Lance Briggs
-F the Salary cap
laugh.gif

-Rock Cartwright won't be back
-Trent Dilfer might be our #3 QB....
-Brunell is gone
-Laron Landry (in their words) is on the verge of stardom
-Ladell Betts is the backup....but will be the #1 kick returner next year....

********' Offseason: Now It's On
Adding Elite Receiver Is Team's Top Priority

By Jason La Canfora
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, February 12, 2008; Page E01

Now that the Washington ******** have hired Jim Zorn as head coach, the team's focus turns to free agency, a period in which owner Daniel Snyder traditionally has dominated headlines with high-priced acquisitions. With executive vice president of football operations Vinny Cerrato making personnel decisions with Snyder in place of Joe Gibbs, the ******** may be preparing for a return to the busy offseasons of the past.

This Story
******** NOTEBOOK: Players Just Pleased to Have Coach
Talking Points -- Feb. 11
Snyder and Cerrato are working to renegotiate a dozen or so contracts, with the team roughly $16 million over the salary cap. It's an annual ritual -- converting base salaries to bonuses for cap savings -- and undoubtedly the ******** will be left with room under the salary cap to add players.

Numerous league sources, including some with direct knowledge of conversations between Snyder, Cerrato and recent head coaching candidates, have affirmed that the ******** have interest in trading for Cincinnati wide receiver Chad Johnson, with two league sources saying Johnson is eager to land a hefty new contract from Washington.

Acquiring an elite receiver is Snyder's top priority, league sources said. The Bengals have said they have no intention of trading Johnson, but his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, is working quietly to broker a deal, the sources said.

The ******** also are expected to again pursue Chicago linebacker Lance Briggs, another Rosenhaus client they attempted to trade for last offseason.

Most of the needs on defense -- particularly on the line -- will likely be addressed in the draft, which is what newly promoted defensive coordinator Greg Blache is pushing for, team sources said. Blache has also contacted several veterans -- cornerback Shawn Springs and tackle Cornelius Griffin among them, according to team sources -- to inform them they remain in his plans.

Some change is inevitable, though. Interviews with candidates for the ********' head coaching job, as well as with team and league sources, give a sense of the ********' preliminary plans.

Quarterbacks

Snyder and Cerrato are intent on seeing Jason Campbell prosper, and the pressure is on Zorn to produce with him in the near term. Campbell will be working under a seventh offensive system in eight years dating from college and some wonder how much patience the ********' front office will have with him as he learns another system.

"It's a two-to-three year process," said one veteran coach who, like Zorn, is a disciple of Seattle Coach Mike Holmgren. "I'll be very interested to see what kind of rope that kid gets."

The ******** have made no attempt to re-sign quarterback Todd Collins; doing so had been considered a high priority under Gibbs and Al Saunders, the former associate head coach-offense.

At least three other teams have interest in Collins, but the ******** have exclusive rights to re-sign him until he hits the market at the start of free agency on March 1. Several general managers said that bringing Collins back could jeopardize Campbell's development.

Veteran Mark Brunell, a Gibbs favorite, is a free agent who is unlikely to be re-signed, team sources said, with Zorn perhaps pursuing a veteran third-stringer, such as Trent Dilfer, who knows his offense.

This Story
Wide Receivers

Johnson is a game-breaker who is strong and, at 6 feet 1, has the kind of size the ********' wide receivers lack. But his quick tongue and clashes with coaches have caused turmoil with Cincinnati. If he is traded, two general managers estimated it would take a low first-round and a third-round pick, or perhaps two second-round picks, to land him.

New England is likely to put a franchise tag on Randy Moss, retaining his rights, while less-stellar wide receivers such as Jerry Porter (Oakland) and Javon Walker (Denver) could be possibilities. Johnson, however, would be Snyder's ideal acquisition, according to multiple sources.

"He made it very clear that was his top choice," one coaching candidate said.

Brandon Lloyd is almost certain to be released, according to sources who have talked to Snyder and Cerrato. Veteran Keenan McCardell is also unlikely to be back. James Thrash, a special teams standout for Gibbs, might not return, and concerns over chronic knee problems could mean that reserve Reche Caldwell also will not be re-signed.

Veterans Santana Moss and Antwaan Randle El need to overcome injuries that plagued them last season. Team sources said Snyder is considering expanding his training rehab staff to help limit and cope with the number of hamstring issues, which were prevalent on the team in 2007.

Running Backs/Tight Ends

Snyder and Cerrato raved about Clinton Portis during interviews with head coaching prospects, sources said. Another renegotiation of his contract is likely. While Gibbs sometimes referred to Portis and Ladell Betts as "interchangeable," sources said that Snyder and Cerrato spoke of Betts solely as a backup. Team sources said they expect Betts to resume kick returning duties in 2008. Free agent Rock Cartwright is expected to depart.

Fullback Mike Sellers and tight end Chris Cooley will have significant roles in the West Coast offense under Zorn. Backup Todd Yoder has earned the respect of coaches in two seasons in Washington and depth could come from Tyler Ecker, team sources said. He was injured during the first weekend of training camp last season and placed on injured reserve. Ecker "completely reshaped his body" during rehabilitation, a team source said.

Offensive Line

Several coaching candidates were troubled by the repeated injuries to starting right tackle Jon Jansen, who broke his leg in the first week of last season. However, the ******** gave Jansen a contract extension a year ago and Snyder told coaches it's not feasible to release him because of the salary cap ramifications.

There are injury concerns with veteran guards Pete Kendall (arthritic knees) and Randy Thomas (who suffered another season-ending injury last year). League sources said a priority is acquiring, perhaps through the draft, a young center-guard to stabilize the interior of the line.

Veteran Mike Pucillo filled the role the past two seasons but has a serious back condition, sources said, making it less likely he will be re-signed.

Team sources said they expect Lorenzo Alexander -- who shined on the offensive and defensive lines last season -- to join the offense full time. One coach said he believes Alexander is nimble and athletic enough to become the team's best pulling lineman.

This Story
Offensive line coach Joe Bugel has expressed some concern about Alexander's modest wingspan, team sources said, but he showed considerable promise last season and could help solidify the line.

With rookie Stephon Heyer showing promise as well last season, injury-prone backup tackle Todd Wade could be jettisoned.

Defensive Line

This is the primary area of concern on the defense, with Blache, a longtime line coach, adamant about adding depth. He aims to retain Griffin and veteran end Phillip Daniels, who team sources said may play more at tackle and is willing to rework his contract. But Blache's first priority it to groom a quicker, faster and more versatile tackle (referred to as a 'three' technique). Blache is also looking for a pass-rushing end who can line up opposite Andre Carter.

Younger players Anthony Montgomery and Kedric Golston developed in 2007, but age is a concern at some spots on the line. Blache will be pushing second-year speed rusher Chris Wilson to become a more well-rounded lineman, team sources said.

Linebackers

Former Pro Bowl linebacker Marcus Washington has been injured often the past three years; third-year linebacker Rocky McIntosh is coming off reconstructive knee surgery and, though making progress, remains a question mark. McIntosh also has a potential degenerative condition in both knees.

Briggs, a player Chicago is not interested in retaining, according to league sources, is a talented outside linebacker who can also rush the passer. He could start at his McIntosh's weak-side spot with McIntosh focused on special teams while he works his way back. Backup Randall Godfrey is mulling over retirement again, team sources said, and also considering joining his mentor, Gregg Williams, in Jacksonville.

Defensive Backs

Cornerback Carlos Rogers is coming off major knee surgery and will have to feel his way through the first half of the season. Rogers was not progressing well in his rehabilitation until very recently, making the addition of a young cornerback another priority. Leigh Torrence and John Eubanks would be pushed if a new cornerback joins the roster. Blache has told others he believes it is imperative that Springs is re-signed. Starting cornerback Fred Smoot also returns after a strong finish last season.

Young safeties LaRon Landry and Reed Doughty played well in the aftermath of Sean Taylor's death. Landry is bordering on stardom and several NFL executives praised Doughty's development. Veteran safety Pierson Prioleau, a free agent and another of Williams's proteges, could decide to join the ********' former assistant head coach-defense in Jacksonville.

Specialists

Punter Derrick Frost had a strong first half, then tapered off and team sources said they expect special teams coach Danny Smith to bring at least one veteran into training camp for competition. Place kicker Shaun Suisham is also still developing and missed a critical field goal in the playoff loss to Seattle, but has strong support and is seen as someone who could provide stability at a position of great turnover in recent years.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/11/AR2008021102433.html

Back
Top Bottom