Official NFL Offseason Thread

Titans' White played 2007 with torn meniscus
By Terry McCormick, May 13, 2008 1:40 pm
Updated: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 1:40 pm

LenDale White says his surgically repaired left knee feels fine as he took part in organized team activities on Tuesday after revealing he played all of 2007 with a torn meniscus.

White, who had arthroscopic surgery in January, had been limited to individual work in last week's open workout.

White suffered the injury in preseason last August.

"This happened last year in preseason. I tore my meniscus," White said. "I played on it all season. Contrary to what people believe, I am a soldier. I played on it all year and I didn't complain, not once. I waited until the season was over to get it fixed and now I'm feeling good."

White played in all 16 games last season and the Titans AFC Divisional playoff loss at San Diego, rushing for 1,110 yards in the regular season. Despite posting a breakthrough season, White said the injury bothered him plenty at times last year.

"It affected me a lot, because it took me a long time to get warmed up. It was catching a lot and it hurt on certain days," White said. "When we played San Diego, it was hurting bad. I came in and tried to put Ben Gay on it and Flexall 454, and I tried to get it warmed up as best I could. But now, I'm back and it's 100 percent and it feels good."
Hit the link for more of the story (http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=60177)
Thats good business Carmelo....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

You can find this article at:
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=411542 http://www.sportingnews.com/
10-pack: The worst moves (and non-moves) of the NFL offseason
May 13, 2008

Mike Florio

With the offseason moving past the halfway point, it makes sense to take this opportunity to take a look at 10 of the moves (or non-moves) that stand out as the least prudent of the year to date. (Translation: I couldn't think of anything better to write about.)

1. Who is the Bears' quarterback?

Chicago Bears G.M. Jerry Angelo reminds us of the guy at the end of Animal House who was saying, "All is well," while all heck was breaking loose at the parade that Bluto and company crashed.

On offense, the Bears are a mess, specifically at the quarterback position, where they are sticking with Rex Grossman and Kyle Orton.

Um. Why? Grossman and Orton have been awful. And yet the Bears didn't sign an established player at the position and didn't draft a rookie to groom for the job once Grossman and Orton are gone (i.e. next year).

It makes no sense, and it speaks to a level of arrogance on Angelo's part that reminds us of the cake with the nasty message that was the Delta boys' float in that ill-fated parade.
[table][tr][td]SN's NFL offseason coverage[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Brown: Let's put Spygate to rest[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Goodell meets with Walsh[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Breakout players: AFC | NFC[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Florio: 10-pack: bad offseason moves[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Five non-first-round rookies to know[/td] [/tr][/table]2. McNair waited too long to quit.
It came as a surprise to many when Baltimore Ravens quarterback Steve McNair announced his retirement in the days leading up to the draft. And presuming the announcement also came as news to the Ravens, it would have been much nicer if McNair had made his intentions known weeks earlier. That would have allowed the Ravens to explore options on the free-agent market, such as Todd Collins, the ********' backup who played well down the stretch and who could have been a potential bridge at the position while a draft pick got ready to play.

As it played out, the Ravens were forced to target a quarterback in Round 1. They reportedly wanted to trade up for a crack at Matt Ryan; instead they traded down and then up (taking a bath on the points chart in the process) to get Delaware's Joe Flacco.

In the end, all will be forgotten if Flacco flourishes in his first season or two. But if Flacco flounders initially, Ravens fans can thank McNair for not retiring early enough.

3. The Cowboys get fleeced.

Because news of the trade between the Dallas Cowboys and Miami Dolphins came on the eve of the draft, it made the deal a bit less noticeable -- but no less remarkable.

The Cowboys sent linebacker Akin Ayodele and tight end Anthony Fasano to the Dolphins for a fourth-round draft pick. Total. Seriously.

Ayodele signed with the Cowboys as a free agent in 2006, and Fasano was a second-round pick that same year. Although Ayodele would have been bumped to the bench by free-agent pickup Zach Thomas, it's highly risky, at best, for Dallas to count on the veteran linebacker with the history of head trauma to stay on the field. Meanwhile, after dealing away Fasano, the Cowboys had to burn a second-round pick on a new tight end (Texas A&M's Martellus Bennett) to work behind Jason Witten.

4. The Jags roll the dice with Harvey.

When the Minnesota Vikings gave up a first-round pick and two third-rounders (and swapped sixth-rounders with KC) to get one of the best defensive players in the game from the Chiefs, the media went loco talking about the risk the Vikes had taken.

When the Jaguars gave up a first-round pick, two third-round picks and a fourth-round pick to get an unproven rookie who plays the same position, the reaction wasn't nearly as extreme.

Although Derrick Harvey might eventually be as good as Jared Allen, the Vikings definitely got the player who already has reached that level. If the Vikings are right about Allen having exorcised his off-field demons, the Jags are the ones who took the real risk.

5. The Eagles should have shopped Sheppard sooner.

When rumors initially swirled regarding the possibility the Philadelphia Eagles would trade cornerback Lito Sheppard, the team vehemently denied them. But as soon as cornerback Asante Samuel was on the roster, Sheppard was on the block.

By then it was too late, though. With Samuel on board, the Eagles lost any leverage they would have had if they had tried to shop Sheppard before the start of free agency.

The Eagles' apparent goal was to use the presence of Sheppard to keep other potential suitors for Sheppard from thinking Philly would make a run at the former Patriot. It worked; Samuel was holding up a green jersey before the dinner bell rang on the first day of the annual shopping spree.

However, it was well known in league circles that the Eagles were targeting Samuel, and few believed denials regarding Sheppard's status. The Eagles should have worked out a deal with one of the other teams targeting Sheppard and pulled the trigger at the same time they signed Samuel.

6. The Rams should have taken Dorsey.

Once the Miami Dolphins reached terms on a contract with offensive tackle Jake Long at the top of the draft, the St. Louis Rams had a decision to make. And it was widely believed the coaching staff and scouting department had LSU defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey ranked significantly higher than Virginia defensive end Chris Long.

But on the Thursday before the draft, the gap suddenly narrowed, and Long eventually ended up being the name on the card the Rams submitted.

The rumors/reports are that Rams team president John Shaw decided Long would be the pick, regardless of the supposed wishes of the coaches or the scouts. If that's the case, it's a potential no-win situation for the Rams, especially with Dorsey landing in the same state, as a member of the Chiefs.

Unless Long clearly emerges as the better player, the decision not to draft Dorsey will constantly nag members of the organization -- and be a constant source of frustration for those who lobbied for the man who was rated as the better player.

7. The Falcons should have taken Dorsey.

So when the Dolphins and the Rams passed on the guy whom many teams had rated as the top player in the draft pool, the Falcons fumbled a prime opportunity to shore up a so-so defense.

And they can thank Michael Vick for it.

The Falcons believed they desperately needed a quarterback who would make the locals forget about Mr. Vick, and likewise fill the spot at the top of the depth chart that otherwise might have been unsettled if and when Vick is authorized to return to the NFL.

So Atlanta took a huge risk by selecting Matt Ryan. As history tells us, the odds of success when taking a quarterback that high are the equivalent of flipping a coin.

Everything might work out for the Falcons. But the chances of that happening would have been better if they had taken Dorsey at No. 3 and a quarterback in Round 2.

8. The Raiders should have spent less money.

The Oakland Raiders have been as aggressive as any franchise ever has been in trying to improve its team. The thinking is that owner Al Davis recognizes he doesn't have many football seasons left at the helm of the organization, and he's doing everything he can to get the team back to the Super Bowl -- as soon as possible.

Still, by overpaying guys like Tommy Kelly (Who? Exactly.) and Javon Walker, the team's sudden sense of urgency could cause real cap problems in the not-too-distant future. It's already been reported that the draft-weekend trade of cornerback Fabian Washington triggered a cap hit that forced the release of running back Dominic Rhodes.

Rhodes could be the first of many recognizable names who will be run out of town as the team tries its best to fit all of its high-priced players under the annual spending limit per team. Although the process of cutting players who formed the nucleus of a bad team might not be a bad thing, it's better to rely on mediocre veterans than street free agents who are earning the rookie minimum.

9. The Steelers should have franchised Faneca.

Let's get this one straight: The contracts of Pittsburgh Steelers offensive linemen Alan Faneca and Max Starks expired after the 2007 season. The Steelers could have used the franchise tag (which provides two first-round draft picks as compensation if the player signs with a new team) or the transition tag (which costs less but carries with it no compensation) on one of them.

So they chose to use the transition tag on Starks. Once he signed his tender, Starks was guaranteed to receive nearly $7 million in salary for 2008. Not bad for a guy who was on the bench at the start of 2007.

For only $500,000 more, the Steelers could have kept Alan Faneca, a perennial Pro Bowl left guard, for one more year. Sure, Faneca didn't want to remain in Pittsburgh. But he didn't want to remain in Pittsburgh last year, either. He eventually removed the stick from his rear end and had another solid season.

For a one-year haul of $7.5 million, Faneca likely would have done the same thing in 2008.

Now the Steelers are without Faneca, they got no compensation when he signed with another AFC team (the Jets) and they are paying almost $7 million to a guy who doesn't deserve it.

10. Chad should have kept his mouth shut.

The mouth that roared for much of the offseason has fallen eerily silent since the Washington ******** selected two wide receivers on the first day of the draft. So with the 'Skins out of the Chad Johnson business and with the Cincinnati Bengals not budging on their refusal to trade him, Johnson presumably is hoping everyone will forget about everything he said from January through April regarding his desire to get out of Cincinnati.

Why else would Johnson no longer be whining for a trade? The reality is, he knows he has no leverage, and that his only option is to make good on a promise not to play again for the Bengals. And pay back $5 million in signing bonus money.

If Johnson had merely put a sock in the place where he hangs that golden grill on game days, he wouldn't be in a position to look so silly when he shows up for training camp and acts like he didn't act like a complete fool.

Mike Florio writes and edits ProFootballTalk.com and is a regular contributor to Sporting News.

[table][tr][td]1:29 p.m.[/td] [td]Xavier Lee signs contract

Former Florida State quarterback Xavier Lee signed a 1-year contact with the Baltimore Ravens today. Lee, who left FSU after his junior year, was signed to play tight end where he was impressive after a recent tryout.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Fun Fact: X man left FSU becuase our OC said he needed to switch to TE and he didn't wanna do it.

But, it's whatever. I expect to see him say 'Seabreeze High' instead of FSU if he ever get's to do a Monday Night Football intro....

Because news of the trade between the Dallas Cowboys and Miami Dolphins came on the eve of the draft, it made the deal a bit less noticeable -- but no less remarkable.

The Cowboys sent linebacker Akin Ayodele and tight end Anthony Fasano to the Dolphins for a fourth-round draft pick. Total. Seriously.

Ayodele signed with the Cowboys as a free agent in 2006, and Fasano was a second-round pick that same year. Although Ayodele would have been bumped to the bench by free-agent pickup Zach Thomas, it's highly risky, at best, for Dallas to count on the veteran linebacker with the history of head trauma to stay on the field. Meanwhile, after dealing away Fasano, the Cowboys had to burn a second-round pick on a new tight end (Texas A&M's Martellus Bennett) to work behind Jason Witten.

I'm saying.
I expect to see him say 'Seabreeze High' instead of FSU if he ever get's to do a Monday Night Football intro....
I don't think you'll have that to look forward to.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I'm saying.
I expect to see him say 'Seabreeze High' instead of FSU if he ever get's to do a Monday Night Football intro....
I don't think you'll have that to look forward to.

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Xavier Lee > Pat White

pimp.gif

I'm happy to trade for a backup tight end and a back up linebacker.

And I'm happy.

For trading for those guys.

For my team.

In a trade.

I need a drink.

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

[table][tr][td]1:29 p.m.[/td] [td]Xavier Lee signs contract

Former Florida State quarterback Xavier Lee signed a 1-year contact with the Baltimore Ravens today. Lee, who left FSU after his junior year, was signed to play tight end where he was impressive after a recent tryout.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Fun Fact: X man left FSU becuase our OC said he needed to switch to TE and he didn't wanna do it.

But, it's whatever. I expect to see him say 'Seabreeze High' instead of FSU if he ever get's to do a Monday Night Football intro....

pimp.gif

I really dont see how the Cowboys got fleeced. Ayodele was going to be cut anyways, and nobody in the organization thought Fasano was any good, and that'sa more than fair judgment. Fasano was only a 2nd rounder because Parcells loved him, and Jason Garrett doesn't think he was a good fit for the offense theyare currently running at all. He couldn't block, catch, or make
plays after the catch... :/

AFC team reports: focus on safeties

Posted: May 15, 2008

Sporting News correspondents

A capsule look at AFC teams and their safeties:

1. Indianapolis Colts
[table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]Bob Sanders and Antoine Bethea were Pro Bowl picks in '07. Sanders is the ultimate enforcer, but his reckless style makes him injury-prone. Bethea has good range and instincts. Matt Giordano is an adequate backup.
2. Baltimore Ravens

Ed Reed has great range and can cover one-on-one like a corner. Dawan Landry is effective in the box but struggles in deep coverage. Rookie Tom Zbikowski is a hard hitter who must improve his coverage skills.

3. Tennessee Titans

Chris Hope closes well on the ball and is strong against the run. Michael Griffin is solid in run support and should make more plays in coverage in his second year. Vincent Fuller is a solid cover guy but a so-so tackler.

4. Pittsburgh Steelers

Injuries brought this group down in 2007. The team needs Troy Polamalu to be at his disruptive best again. Losing speedy Ryan Clark for 10 games last season hurt because Anthony Smith didn't step up.

5. New York Jets

Kerry Rhodes is a ball hawk in coverage, a jarring tackler in run support and a superb blitzer. Abram Elam delivers big hits but needs to work on his coverage skills. Eric Smith is a solid backup with the ability to start.

6. New England Patriots

Rodney Harrison, 35, has lost a step but not an ounce of toughness. James Sanders is a solid starter but doesn't make many jaw-dropping plays. Brandon Meriweather is very fast but needs to play with more discipline.
[table][tr][td]Top 5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1. Bob Sanders, Colts[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2. Ed Reed, Ravens[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3. Troy Polamalu, Steelers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4. Antoine Bethea, Colts[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5. Kerry Rhodes, Jets[/td] [/tr][/table]7. Cleveland Browns
Sean Jones is tough and smart but must do a better job covering quicker tight ends. Brodney Pool is an excellent athlete but needs to be more consistent covering deep balls. Mike Adams is a solid No. 3.

8. Buffalo Bills

Donte Whitner plays the run like a linebacker and has the speed to turn and run with receivers. Look for Ko Simpson to develop into a smart, rangy centerfielder. Bryan Scott and George Wilson are capable reserves.

9. San Diego Chargers

New starter Eric Weddle was always around the ball and flashed playmaking ability as a rookie. Clinton Hart's play against the run was a pleasant surprise in 2007. Steve Gregory is a smart, tenacious backup.

10. Oakland Raiders

Signing Gibril Wilson to play strong safety allows the team to move Michael Huff to free safety, a better fit for him. Wilson will add a physical presence. Rookie Tyvon Branch is also a big hitter.

11. Kansas City Chiefs

Jarrad Page has good ball skills and solid coverage instincts but must improve his tackling. Bernard Pollard is a hard hitter but lacks ideal speed. Rookie DaJuan Morgan will challenge No. 3 safety Jon McGraw.

12. Denver Broncos

There will be a lot of competition. Hamza Abdullah, who is fast but must take better angles, is a favorite to win one job. John Lynch will be challenged by Marlon McCree and Marquand Manuel.

13. Houston Texans

This unit lacks playmakers, though C.C. Brown emerged as a solid allaround safety last year. Will Demps, a physical hitter, will try to stave off Glenn Earl, who missed all of last season with a foot injury.

14. Jacksonville Jaguars

Reggie Nelson and Gerald Sensabaugh appear to be the starters, but the team could shuffle the secondary by moving corner Brian Williams to safety. Nelson is aggressive; Sensabaugh is athletic but injury-prone.

15. Cincinnati Bengals

Dexter Jackson is a hard hitter, but his overaggressiveness gets him in trouble. Second-year pro Marvin White needs to do a better job of playing the ball in the air. Chinedum Ndukwe flashed potential as a rookie.

16. Miami Dolphins

Aside from Yeremiah Bell, who is an injury risk because of his hard-hitting style, the Dolphins lack playmakers. Renaldo Hill and newcomer Keith Davis will compete for the other job.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=412092

NFC team reports: focus on safeties

Posted: May 15, 2008

Sporting News correspondents

A capsule look at NFC teams and their safeties:

1. Minnesota Vikings
Darren Sharper and Madieu Williams are strong playmakers. Williams adds sticky coverage skills. Michael Boulware provides experienced depth, and rookie Tyrell Johnson could get time in the nickel package.

2. Dallas Cowboys

In his first year in Dallas, Ken Hamlin was terrific against the run and better than expected against the pass. Roy Williams is physical but was a liability in coverage in '07. Patrick Watkins needs to improve his ball skills.

3. Arizona Cardinals

Adrian Wilson, coming off heel surgery, is a force when healthy. Antrel Rolle is moving from corner to free safety, which should suit his skills. He's smart and a good tackler. Aaron Francisco is a fierce hitter.

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Jermaine Phillips is a hard hitter but an injury risk because of it. As a rookie, Tanard Jackson added speed and playmaking ability. He should be even better in '08. Eugene Wilson provides experienced depth.

5. Philadelphia Eagles

After an injury-filled season, Brian Dawkins has vowed to return in great shape. Quintin Mikell is excellent against the run and alert in coverage. Backup Sean Considine has starting experience but is injury-prone.

6. Seattle Seahawks

Deon Grant and Brian Russell were big reasons the team allowed an NFL-low 15 TD passes in '07. Grant has good size and range; Russell is rarely out of position. Backup Jordan Babineaux makes plays.
[table][tr][td]Top 5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1. Darren Sharper, Vikings[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2. Ken Hamlin, Cowboys[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3. Adrian Wilson, Cardinals[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4. Chris Harris, Panthers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5. Roy Williams, Cowboys[/td] [/tr][/table]7. San Francisco 49ers
Michael Lewis plays like an extra linebacker. He's 226 pounds and does most of his work near the line. Mark Roman adds a steady veteran presence. Dashon Goldson could push for Roman's starting job down the road.

8. Washington ********

As a rookie, LaRon Landry was everything the team hoped he would be. Reed Doughty, who became a starter after Sean Taylor died, plays well in the box. Vernon Fox isn't a long-term answer if a starter goes down.

9. Green Bay Packers

By the end of last season, his first as a starter, Atari Bigby was a force in the middle. Nick Collins has been a tease; he has good physical ability but lacks ball skills and instincts. Aaron Rouse will push for playing time.

10. Carolina Panthers

Summer pickup Chris Harris was excellent in '07, forcing an NFLhigh eight fumbles. The team hopes rookie Charles Godfrey is ready to start at free safety. Terrence Holt supplies experienced depth.

11. Atlanta Falcons

Lawyer Milloy, 34, can still deliver big hits in run support and did a solid job in coverage last season. Freeagent pickup Erik Coleman must help the young corners deep. Rookie Thomas DeCoud could start in '09.

12. New York Giants

After the loss of Gibril Wilson, the team signed veteran Sammy Knight and drafted Kenny Phillips in the first round. James Butler, who needs to get his hands on more passes, and Knight likely will start initially.

13. St. Louis Rams

O.J. Atogwe led the NFC with eight interceptions in '07 but must tackle better and take better angles. Corey Chavous is coming off a down year and could be replaced in '09. Todd Johnson is a decent in-the-box safety.

14. Chicago Bears

After missing 43 games over the past four years, Mike Brown is giving it another shot. If healthy, he's the team's best safety. Brandon McGowan, a solid in-the-box guy, figures to start. Kevin Payne is another option.

15. New Orleans Saints

This unit deserves some blame for all the deep touchdown passes last year. Josh Bullocks, Roman Harper and Kevin Kaesviharn were inconsistent. The hard-hitting Harper has the biggest upside.

16. Detroit Lions

After using second-round picks on safeties the past two years (Daniel Bullocks and Gerald Alexander), the team still signed Dwight Smith to help execute the Tampa 2 scheme. Bullocks and Alexander have a lot to learn.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=412093

1. Darren Sharper
2. Ken Hamlin
3. Adrian Wilson
4. Chris Harris
5. Roy Williams

Atogwe? Mike Brown? Dawkins? Bigby? Madieu Williams?

All better than Roy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3399645

[h1][/h1]
[h1]NFL owners could opt out of CBA with union as early as Tuesday[/h1]
By Chris Mortensen
ESPN.com
(
Archive)

NFL owners might opt out of the existing labor agreement as soon as Tuesday when they hold their next meetings in Atlanta, according to league sources.

One management source called it a "high likelihood" that the owners will exercise their option to terminate the agreement, which will trigger a number of alternatives, including a potential work stoppage by 2011. Another source said "be prepared" for the action, although it was "not a 100 percent proposition yet."

An NFL Players Association source said, "We expect it to happen."

A league spokesman said the NFL had no comment.

The decision to exercise the option is not expected to have any significant impact on the next two seasons, 2008 and 2009.

However, by opting out of the agreement that was struck on March 9, 2006, the NFL would play 2010 without a salary cap, unrestricted free agency for players would be increased from four years to six years and the orderly selection of college players in the annual draft would not exist after 2011. These "poison pills" are designed to motivate both the owners and the union to work toward a new collective bargaining agreement.
When the current CBA was agreed upon amid much acrimony between high- and low-revenue clubs, the deal included options for both the owners and players union to terminate the terms early in either 2008 or 2009. The deadline for opting out this year is Nov. 8 but league sources say many owners want to pull the trigger now.
Three owners contacted by ESPN.com declined to comment, with one joking, "The fine is so high for speaking a word about this that you would have to buy my children's shoes."

The players union will not be caught off-guard by an early opt out.

NFLPA executive director Gene Upshaw had his first official meeting with NFL management leaders two weeks ago as a "feeling out" session. Upshaw made it clear to league officials that the union is not about to "give back" what has gained in collective bargaining.

During the NFLPA's annual meeting in mid-March, much of the union's agenda was spent discussing the options of a looming labor battle. Upshaw warned of a possibility of an owners' lockout in 2011.

The NFL has not had a work stoppage since 1987, when an ill-fated union strike resulted in three regular-season games being played by "replacement players" before the union broke ranks.

Upshaw took over as the NFLPA executive director and decertified the union, which led to an anti-trust lawsuit that the players won in federal court. That ultimately led to the breakthrough 1993 labor agreement which led to unrestricted free agency for players and a salary cap.

Upshaw has told his player ranks that decertification is again a possibility, along with other options, although the union is not inclined to strike because football careers are relatively brief.

U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said Friday he would be opposed to any involvement by the or Congress in general.
"I think I'm like most Americans who believe we can make better use of our time," Graham said. "We're getting asked about gas prices, wars and judges but nobody is asking us about football. "Using banned substances [such as Major League Baseball's steroid hearings) is one thing. That's a crime. Lying under oath is a crime. Whether or not someone is throwing a spitball ... no, I don't see any of this as an event worthy of congressional oversight or how it impacts interstate commerce." Chris Mortensen is an NFL reporter for ESPN.

1. Darren Sharper
2. Ken Hamlin
3. Adrian Wilson
4. Chris Harris
5. Roy Williams

All better than Roy.
I'm sayin... I was reading that expecting to find the Cowboys about half way down the list... Roy ain't a top 5 safety in the NFC. And Hamlinat 2 seems high.

Titans' White played 2007 with torn meniscus
By Terry McCormick, May 13, 2008 1:40 pm
Updated: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 1:40 pm

LenDale White says his surgically repaired left knee feels fine as he took part in organized team activities on Tuesday after revealing he played all of 2007 with a torn meniscus.

White, who had arthroscopic surgery in January, had been limited to individual work in last week's open workout.

White suffered the injury in preseason last August.

"This happened last year in preseason. I tore my meniscus," White said. "I played on it all season. Contrary to what people believe, I am a soldier. I played on it all year and I didn't complain, not once. I waited until the season was over to get it fixed and now I'm feeling good."

White played in all 16 games last season and the Titans AFC Divisional playoff loss at San Diego, rushing for 1,110 yards in the regular season. Despite posting a breakthrough season, White said the injury bothered him plenty at times last year.

"It affected me a lot, because it took me a long time to get warmed up. It was catching a lot and it hurt on certain days," White said. "When we played San Diego, it was hurting bad. I came in and tried to put Ben Gay on it and Flexall 454, and I tried to get it warmed up as best I could. But now, I'm back and it's 100 percent and it feels good."
Hit the link for more of the story (http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=60177)

No disrespect to LenDale because everyone handles injury differently,
but torn meniscus is a surgery that could have been done and he only would have missed a week or 2 of football and been fine the rest of the way.
I have the sneaky feeling Tubby aint wanna get in the training room and bang out them 6 am pool rehab runs and etc.,
just my gut feeling....

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Less than month after reinstatement, Bengals to part ways with Thurman[/h1]
ESPN.com news services

Updated: May 19, 2008, 11:15 AM ET

After missing all of the 2006 and 2007 seasons due to violations of the NFL's substance abuse policy, the Cincinnati Bengals have decided to cut ties with linebacker Odell Thurman.

7224.jpg

Thurman

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Steve Wyche said on ESPN's "First Take" program that one of Thurman's agents received a call from Bengals coach Marvin Lewis on Monday morning to announce the decision to waive the former second-round draft pick.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell had reinstated Thurman on April 21.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3402967

Originally Posted by S4L3

All better than Roy.
LOL.

I'm stunned that your reply is LOL. More stunned then you actually defending Toast Williams.

Next time you come back from banned camp, come back as S4LOL, that would be so cool.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom