OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Bill WILDIN

Today has been great!

Next up, the game that ends Fields’s Bears tenure

IMG_7371.jpeg

Last edited:
Another thing I gotta get off my chest. I hope all those falcons fans that spent years whining about Ryan not being good recognize this. This is what it looks like to really have a QB that sucks. A washed Ryan with cooked throwing arm still got Pitts a 1000 receiving yards as a rookie…since then whether Mariota and now Ridder Pitts been on a milk carton.

Like just cause a dude isn’t consistently top 5 every year doesn’t mean he sucks it can get a whole lot worse with QB play now look where we at despite having great skill position talent.
I never got the hate for Matty Ice. Dudes were acting like if you weren’t a top 3 QB that meant you were trash :lol:

I never got the hate for Matty Ice. Dudes were acting like if you weren’t a top 3 QB that meant you were trash :lol:
The Matt Ryan hate, including my own slander, were really just about 2 things out of his control.

First, he wasn't Vick. For the NFL, and especially Atlanta and its black community, Vick was an icon and hero. When the Falcons drafted Ryan, who was the complete opposite image wise to Vick, he had no chance from day one.

Second, it always felt the media overrated him. Matt Ryan, outside his rookie year, never had a year where he wasn't a Top 10 QB. Ryan is a board line HOF and definitely top 5 OVERALL players in Falcons history. However, it felt like the media made his peers, Brady, Rodgers, Brees & Manning, rather than Cousins, Rivers & Roethlisberger.

Back
Top Bottom