OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Schedule just dropped!!!

Justin Field is in Chicago one of the worst run orgs in the league, Kirk has been surronded around top tier talent his entire time in Minnesota and doesn't have a thing to show for it.

If he was worth a d**** the Vikings would've kept him. Diggs, JJ, Cook, Addison, Thielin, and nothing to show for it.
Vikings deadass couldn't afford him though :lol:

He was the best available FA on the market at the most important position, he's not in Minny anymore because he got cashed out elsewhere. Not because they didn't want him anymore

Kirk Cousins is an established NFL QB. Justin Fields is a project that still hasn’t panned out and may never pan out.

Sometimes I wonder whether some of you are watching the same games.

I’m not saying he’s gonna be a top 10 QB or win a SB. He’s affordable and has insane amount of potential. Teams need to stop overpaying QBs that aren’t gonna do ****. Kirk is old, they not winning a SB with him. Better off getting a cheaper option and seeing if you can tap into that potential.

Justin Field is in Chicago one of the worst run orgs in the league, Kirk has been surronded around top tier talent his entire time in Minnesota and doesn't have a thing to show for it.

If he was worth a d**** the Vikings would've kept him. Diggs, JJ, Cook, Addison, Thielin, and nothing to show for it.
1. Kirk was surrounded by talent ON OFFENSE. Kirk, Thielan, Diggs, Cook, Hockenson, and JJ all put up numbers every year.

2. You acknowledge that football is a team game when making excuses for Fields being trash but then you turn around and neglect that fact when discussing Kirk. The offense wasn't the problem in Minnesota, it was the defense.

The Lamar situation was basically spelled out for everyone by the owners :lol:

Screenshot_20240313_143904_Chrome.jpg

Had nothing to do with whether teams believed in him or not

:lol:

Seems like an engagement thing with him WAY more than his actual skill level. Seemed legit happy to be on the team. And was really good.
He’s better in a smaller role. Relying on him as one of your premier rushers prob doesn’t work but he def still flashes in a rotation. But yea, def one of those dudes who doesn’t always play hard.

If Fields was good Chicago wouldn't be drafting a QB. They'd be going after MHJ or trading the pick/trading down to get dude some help. If they thought they had a a good 25 year old, mobile QB they wouldn't be moving on. Sounds like they don't even want him as a back up but might have to since there's no market for him. He can't even fetch a Mac Jones return :lol:

I’m not saying he’s gonna be a top 10 QB or win a SB. He’s affordable and has insane amount of potential. Teams need to stop overpaying QBs that aren’t gonna do ****. Kirk is old, they not winning a SB with him. Better off getting a cheaper option and seeing if you can tap into that potential.
Pat Mahomes and Tom Brady have won 90% of the Superbowls the last decade. Most QBs are "gonna do ****" using your logic. Justin is cheeks. Y'all just gotta accept it. Also every player in the NFL has talent and potential, why do y'all keep saying this about Justin as if it's exclusive to him lol

The Lamar situation was basically spelled out for everyone by the owners :lol:, had nothing to do with whether teams believed in him or not
Eventually this thread will understand whatever number another team proposed to the Ravens, they would've matched it.

1. Kirk was surrounded by talent ON OFFENSE. Kirk, Thielan, Diggs, Cook, Hockenson, and JJ all put up numbers every year.

2. You acknowledge that football is a team game when making excuses for Fields being trash but then you turn around and neglect that fact when discussing Kirk. The offense wasn't the problem in Minnesota, it was the defense.

He forgot Kirk played for a trash organization (Washington) and was still having 4000+ yard seasons

He was putting up great numbers with Jordan Davis, Pierre Garçon, James Crowder and DJAX

Kirk is great at spreading the ball around (pause)

All of those things can be improved. His mechanics and confidence is shot but can be fixed. Chicago was horrible. From coaches to roster. Fields is too cheap to pass on. While Kirk at his age and COMING OFF AN INJURY THAT WE DONT KNOW HOW HE WILL EVEN RECOVER FROM will look like. Chicago is gonna get a 4th or 5th for him and you could add to that roster with the money you have Kirk.
Can reading defenses be improved upon? Sure but it's very, very rare especially if you haven't learned to do so by year 3. I didn't even mention his terrible throwing mechanics but thanks for adding that to my list... Lastly, you didn't address his inability to throw receivers open which is an anticipation thing and is something you either have or you don't.

If Fields was good Chicago wouldn't be drafting a QB. They'd be going after MHJ or trading the pick/trading down to get dude some help. If they thought they had a a good 25 year old, mobile QB they wouldn't be moving on. Sounds like they don't even want him as a back up but might have to since there's no market for him. He can't even fetch a Mac Jones return :lol:

Why would they keep him as a backup and draft a QB? This makes no sense at all.

Pat Mahomes and Tom Brady have won 90% of the Superbowls the last decade. Most QBs are "gonna do ****" using your logic. Justin is cheeks. Y'all just gotta accept it. Also every player in the NFL has talent and potential, why do y'all keep saying this about Justin as if it's exclusive to him lol

How many times did Kirk get sent home by one of those two QBs? It’s a team game but he hasn’t done enough on his end. He didn’t lose the game against the Giants, the defense did. He also had to do more. Elite QB is doing more in that game. You giving him a pass like he was constantly in the championship game and getting sent home by a better QB.

Bears also have one the best home field advantage factors in the NFL and play in the elements…. And dude still can’t win games. :lol:

He didn't have a great situation in Chicago but most 1st round QB's typically don't go to good ones in general :lol:.

I feel if he had shown more he'd either still be their guy, and they'd use that top pick to build around him, or on another team by now with a chance to start instead of getting Josh Rosen'd.

Don't think the team handled him well last season but I don't think he helped himself either with some of the comments he made about the coaching during the season that he immediately had to walk back.

Best case for him now is to land somewhere with an established QB where he can either learn from as a backup and step in when required or go somewhere with competition and try to win the job in camp.

Doesn't look like he'll get a shot to be the starter again right away like Mac as things stand

I hate that Kirk joined Atlanta already. These cats had Desmond Ridder as their QB and they're upset that their team didn't trade for Desmond Ridder for elite athleticsim(Fields)... Fields is literally the same QB he was when he was drafted and the only reason reason these cats are giving me for wanting him is because he's young, black, and has potential. You can say that for Kellen Mond, Malik Willis, DTR, too....

Kirk Cousins is an established NFL QB. Justin Fields is a project that still hasn’t panned out and may never pan out.

Sometimes I wonder whether some of you are watching the same games.

Established QB with zero playoff success in 12 years???? I could care less about Kirk Cousins and his 4000 yrd seasons thats only good for lining his own pockets and winning meaning less regular season games.

What part of I'd rather have a young project on my team than an old QB, coming off a major injury, who can't win games in the postseason??

Lowkey I think this is true. The stadium has been dead. Maybe not empty but energy wise it’s been dead for years and only fills up for saints games cause of how heated that rivalry is. It would take a lot to bring the enthusiasm back and in all honestly Kirk ain’t that kinda guy to do that, exciting is the last word anyone would use to describe him. Not saying he needs to be or that’s a necessary thing but it is what it is. I worked there for years in college and people spent more time on the concourse than watching the game.
People gonna need to see this team winning some games and actually look like they going somewhere before becoming invested again

Bears also have one the best home field advantage factors in the NFL and play in the elements…. And dude still can’t win games. :lol:

Those elements not helping anyone and home field ain’t what it used to be.

Fields got drafted and everyone immediate reaction was, this is the wrong team for him. They’re a disaster. Coaching staff and GM getting fired. We still don’t even know what happened to their last DC, do we? Not to mention everyone wanted Flubber fired this offseason. With all that said, they should move on from Fields but he was in one of the worst possible situations any QB could be in.

Established QB with zero playoff success in 12 years???? I could care less about Kirk Cousins and his 4000 yrd seasons thats only good for lining his own pockets and winning meaning less regular season games.

What part of I'd rather have a young project on my team than an old QB, coming off a major injury, who can't win games in the postseason??

Can fields lead a team to the playoffs?

Back
Top Bottom