OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Schedule just dropped!!!

Scottie and Mike never hung out. I've played in locker rooms where dudes strongly disliked each other but all that matters is between the lines will you rock for me, like I will rock for you. After the game everyone goes their separate ways.
You tripping if you think Scottie wasn’t in them hotel rooms smoking, drinking and playing cards.

None of em? :lol:

Meant some lol. Imagine your college or high school rival getting drafted to your team.

Or a kid you despised, eventually becoming your teammate in high school, college or pro, it happens.

Look at the Jason Kidd/Jim Jackson beef from their maverick days :lol:

Scottie and Mike never hung out. I've played in locker rooms where dudes strongly disliked each other but all that matters is between the lines will you rock for me, like I will rock for you. After the game everyone goes their separate ways.

my varsity football team was straight up segregated in the mid 2000s lol. But once you put the pads on and hit the field we was all brothers and teammates

Russ definitely doesn't seem like the guy to hang with the team outside the locker room/practice facilities, which is fine, but I think Marshawn was moreso getting to the point he couldn't even reach out to him after a bad game or just have a man to man convo saying he had his back. Think he knew they wouldn't be good friends outside of football but if a teammate is just trying to reach you for support then yea that doesn't really sit right.

I respect Russ for all the things he did with Seattle, yea he's corny but so what, it just seems at times he couldn't be bothered to even be there for his teammates when they just wanted to have short talks with them. Maybe there's more to it but when several former and ex teammates say the same thing they can't all be wrong.

You tripping if you think Scottie wasn’t in them hotel rooms smoking, drinking and playing cards.
Scottie might have been but Mike never was. Pretty much after he won his first 'ship the only people he hung out with was his security detail and guys he grew up with. Exception was guys like Rod Higgins, Oak, etc.

For anyone that’s played team sports……. Some teammates ARE NOT friends. I wish people would realize that.

Russ didn’t want to hang with or talk to Marshawn and certain dudes on that level. Tired of these sensitive cats. Marshawn AND Russ both helped each other greatly, and are both going to Canton. So what if Russ didn’t wanted only a professional relationship.

You’d be surprised how many teammates dislike each other or don’t fraternize like that.

T.O. And McNabb, I even heard Randy and Culpepper haven’t spoken in years (I don’t think they have bad blood)

Get over it. Russ is his own man
I don't think Marshawn cared if Russ really fw him though. He's just providing examples that he reached out, tried as a teammate, and mans couldn't even slide through or make appearances. Football is different, it's really the closest thing in sports to going into battle. You're right and they don't have to be friends, but there has to be clear indication that when push comes to shove, the other man got you. At least in successful settings. If it's a ton of guys feeling a certain way about Russ, then that should tell you. Has any of his contemporaries had similar sentiments from their ex-teammates?

It seems like Russ is one of the most disliked teammates in the league :lol:

Not just Marshawn but I’ve yet to hear many people say positive things.

I always wonder how Randy Moss was as a teammate and how they felt about him

He talking bout my cousin ahead of him. Lol.

Cuz still went for 2k while sharing the load with marshawn.

Those Cal teams were fun man, Tedford really used to go crazy with the recruiting.

2004 to 2008 it was just a conveyor belt of NFL ready guys sharing the RB room.

JJ -> 'Shawn -> Justin Forestt -> Shane Vereen.

Not even counting guys like Desean Jackson, Keenan Allen, Jhavid Best later on.

Sucks what the program has become.

385074472_620301040270942_1899340989135394497_n.jpg

Those Cal teams were fun man, Tedford really used to go crazy with the recruiting.

2004 to 2008 it was just a conveyor belt of NFL ready guys sharing the RB room.

JJ -> 'Shawn -> Justin Forestt -> Shane Vereen.

Not even counting guys like Desean Jackson, Keenan Allen, Jhavid Best later on.

Sucks what the program has become.

I’ll never forget seeing this happen live, went from one of the dopest to scariest plays I’ve ever seen

Ke2Ygo.gif

Chester and I used to speak on that Russ stuff years ago. Back when they were winning those stories were circulating out here (PNW)

The defense HATED that man. :lol:

Now Lynch I'm actually surprised by. I didn't think he would have any issues with anyone honestly.

Mike Robinson used to have a YouTube show where he would record the Seahawks in the locker room, and his interactions w Russell were always weird. Son seemed to always keep to himself.

He talking bout my cousin ahead of him. Lol.

Cuz still went for 2k while sharing the load with marshawn.

JJ Arrington was a beast at Cal :emoji_fire:

swear that Cal running back room was so good during that stretch between 2000-2010. Igber, JJ, Beastmode, Forsett, Jahvid, Vareen, even CJ Anderson made the pros.

Uni of Kentucky pumps out point guards like Cal used to pump out RBs.. sucks to see my alma mater be so trash these days

The way these tv loud mouths are slurping the 49ers if I didn’t know any better I’d think the Cowboys have never beaten the 49ers
1696518380234.png

49ers playing like a well oiled machine right now. Don't see the Cowboys beating them this week but you never know.

What I do know is that the Vikes play the Chiefs and the 9'ers within the next 3 weeks and I'm mentally preparing myself for the trauma.

Back
Top Bottom