OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Vol: Draft Night!!!

People still care about Pro Bowl? All Pro is what matters. He probably won’t have Pro Bowl votes over any of the more established names but I’m sure he’ll be an alternate option after they turn it down

In terms of hall of fame candidacy and contract incentives…. It does. I don’t watch the pro-bowl but it matters as far as legacy.

Same way the all-star games matter in baseball and the NBA (as far as legacy).

Kyler starting will get some wins. They’re not picking top 3.

Caleb could refuse to go to Chicago because they kill QBs.

Could Caleb force his way to the Giants?

In terms of hall of fame candidacy and contract incentives…. It does. I don’t watch the pro-bowl but it matters as far as legacy.

Same way the all-star games matter in baseball and the NBA (as far as legacy).
I feel like All-Pro is a bigger marker for both. Especially with what the Pro Bowl has become. Pro Bowl is basically a marker for casuals at this point

Pro Bowl definitely isn't a completely irrelevant accolade but it carries less weight than its counterparts in NBA and MLB.

All Pro is clearly the pinnacle of team award selection but top 100 placement > Pro Bowl.

Even in the NBA bringing up All star appearances has died down over the years when legacy talk, ect. gets brought up

Sports discourse has just evolved because we know those aren't the best barometers to use when grading players and their careers these days.

Still cool to get those nods obviously for the players themselves though

NFL pro bowl has been thrown to the side because it’s arguably the most boring and meaningless “all star” event of any of the big 3 pro sports

But as a player I’m sure it’s still a cool honor to be named to it

Even in the NBA bringing up All star appearances has died down over the years when legacy talk, ect. gets brought up

Sports discourse has just evolved because we know those aren't the best barometers to use when grading players and their careers these days.

Still cool to get those nods obviously for the players themselves though

James Harden was mad because he didn’t make the NBA All-star game last year. Doc Rivers said it.

Now the actual pro bowl GAME of course it’s diminished. The injury risk, etc. which I’m agreeing with.

The selections matter though. Contractually and legacy wise. Dudes not making pro bowls and all-pro teams literally affects their money and negotiations. They matter.

riding with Zach tonight ....

68048a60feacebfc699fc02447a44f28.gif

Back
Top Bottom